[BUGS] Freelancer 1.2-1.4 Bugs. (LOCKED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another one:
- I enlisted back to King Harlaus having Artimner in my troop. Now i am in his army, he sits and waits in Praven but i cant enter the city. Its just not working its like he is in the field but he is inside the city..

- also a lord has welcomed me with "hello UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN" :smile:

- when i fought in a siege with harlaus, my success was minor ^^ got a lil kicked down and watched the rest of the siege...but i noticed a strange thing. Only the enemies got killed. ALL my allies only noted as knocked out... only if they killed each other accidentally they died. But rhodoks couldnt kill the swadians...

-quiet stupid: since i got knocked down in the siege i was VERY low on health but still had to fight...alone? with no health? against some city defenders after the siege? wtf? and since this is hopeless...i died. And with me the reason for the game to work "properly" :wink: now yalen was still rhodoks, the commander was an allied lord of my swadians, i was restricted to join a fight that was obviously over already but still kept on going inside the city...and so on...

FRaGGaNOiA said:
And another one:
- I enlisted back to King Harlaus having Artimner in my troop. Now i am in his army, he sits and waits in Praven but i cant enter the city. Its just not working its like he is in the field but he is inside the city..

- also a lord has welcomed me with "hello UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN" :smile:

- when i fought in a siege with harlaus, my success was minor ^^ got a lil kicked down and watched the rest of the siege...but i noticed a strange thing. Only the enemies got killed. ALL my allies only noted as knocked out... only if they killed each other accidentally they died. But rhodoks couldnt kill the swadians...

-quiet stupid: since i got knocked down in the siege i was VERY low on health but still had to fight...alone? with no health? against some city defenders after the siege? wtf? and since this is hopeless...i died. And with me the reason for the game to work "properly" :wink: now yalen was still rhodoks, the commander was an allied lord of my swadians, i was restricted to join a fight that was obviously over already but still kept on going inside the city...and so on...
I had that too on previouse version...i was a vaegir fighter but when we joined with sawadians on siege it said the sawadian in commander and i couldnt fight..anything..broken game damnit..

Hi guys not sure if this is already posted but I have a vanilla M&B WB with this installed and it seems I cannot find boots or gloves in any shops, anywhere :grin: to get them I might have to desert :razz:

Cao_Monk said:
Hi guys not sure if this is already posted but I have a vanilla M&B WB with this installed and it seems I cannot find boots or gloves in any shops, anywhere :grin: to get them I might have to desert :razz:

enable cheat menu in Camp-Mod Options and down at the bottom, tick the box on the right of "Cheat menu" to enable it..then go back and you will see "CHEAT MENU"..click it and options like raise renown etc...cheats will appear...at the top there is find items..i think you can find gloves and boots..in 3rd or 2nd page of total items...btw..they are as basic version..no masterwork or rusty items there..and also you have to pay for it..so its not really a cheat at all...also you will have problem with ammo not showing up in the shops..again they should be in 2nd or 3rd page of item list in cheat menu..

Thanks, im not overly fussed was just making sure it was known, also not sure if its done on purpose or not but every now and again when I start a battle when under the command of my officer as an enlisted troop sometimes both sides just form ranks and sit there, forever. lol

Edit - I also am attacking a castle as an enlisted troop and my allied army isn't moving up the siege tower, just sitting back and getting picked off (us - nords against enemy - vaegir) so not looking so great.

Dynamite Jewduh - Both are installed.

Side note - Vaegir Marksmen are so accurate that when standing in the bottom section of a siege ladder they can headshot you in from atop their walls, through solid wood... not too shabby

Cao_Monk said:

Install warband patch 1.143. Or use the newest version of freelancer.

I enlisted with King Yaroglek while I was trying to break him out of Thir prison. Error popped up, when we escaped Thir the menus and party names were broken.
I figured it would be a error enlisting in prison, I just wanted to test it out. My duplicate was also in prison too, I was in his army when we got locked up by Nords, I got free and came back to free King Yaroglek.

Hello,

I'm playing this mod with warband newest verswion and the newest version 1.4 of freelancer.

But I have always a line popping up when i'm leaving a screen that says:

"get_object failed for mesch: pic_soldier_world_map"

now the point is..... what do this mean?

Docere said:
Hello,

I'm playing this mod with warband newest verswion and the newest version 1.4 of freelancer.

It means the image that is meant to be diplayed in the menu is not showing, thankyou for pointing this out , I will work on fixing it asap.. cheers!

taragoth said:
Docere said:
Hello,

It means the image that is meant to be diplayed in the menu is not showing, thankyou for pointing this out , I will work on fixing it asap.. cheers!

Hmm, well Goth the problem is in the module.ini the load_mod_resource = pics_freelancer is not listed.  Simple fix, so Docere you need to go into your freelancer directory and open up the module.ini file scroll down towards the bottom and under load_mod_resource = pbod_resources you need to add load_mod_resource = pics_freelancer and then save and that should do the trick.

:oops: my bad. I'll fix it and upload for other users.

Edit. - The fixed version is uploaded.

I just installed the mod into my mount and blade file started a new game but when iam in battle all the horses dont render, I open my inventory and when i mouse over the horse slot it says its missing some mesh, how can i fix this?

Not sure mate, we don't touch horses at all or any item for that matter, did you change anything on the module.ini file at all?

-G :mrgreen:

[Moved to bugs topic]

When my lords party enters a town/castle I no longer get the option to "Enter Stationed Town" also I'm now getting CTD's when I try and talk to my lord when his army is in a town. Will have to check the ini file on that one, though is the "Enter Stationed Town" option gone intentionally?

as I suspected, CTD's were caused by the movable_flag_optimisation line in the ini file

gruber12 said:
and now i just relised my sowrd and shield are the only ones rendering

gruber12 said:
I just installed the mod into my mount and blade file started a new game but when iam in battle all the horses dont render, I open my inventory and when i mouse over the horse slot it says its missing some mesh, how can i fix this?

Very strange I downloaded the new version and tested it for about an hour, it installed correctly on my machine placing everything where it needs to be. I never ran into this problem it ran fine not missing any textures or meshes.  Something is obviously missing on your end, did you try reinstalling the mod?  If that don't work maybe re download?  Check your module.ini inside your Freelancer directory to see if all the resource files are loaded?

Not sure if this is a bug or just a design change, but if I recall correctly, in previous versions of this mod, you would never see the loot screen as long as you were part of a commander's party, meaning that you would actually have to live on your soldier's wages.  Now, however, after each victorious battle, I am presented with a HUGE pool of loot to draw from.  So, for example, had I taken advantage of it after enlisting in King Harlaus' army, I could have been walking around in a full Nord Huscarl set of gear after my first battle as a Swadian Recruit, or at least made a few thousand denars by selling the stuff I was offered--either of which which just seemed a little odd.

If this is not intended, it may be due to the fact that I do not use PBOD.  Instead, I used the modmerger files included in the 1.45 download to create my own light-weight compilation of Freelancer, Diplomacy 4.2, and motomataru's Formations and AI MiniMod.  Apart from the loot screen appearing after victorious battles, everything else seems to work fine.  And I've even solved the loot screen problem in my personal copy by adding another "(neq, "$freelancer_state", 1)," insertion in freelancer_game_menus.py (not hard to figure out where).  I only bring it up here in case this is not, in fact, the way you intend the mod to work.

Either way, thanks for making this. I'm having a blast!

In Freelancer 1.45 there a number of problems... there are errors when you go to meet the guildmaster There
s an error when fighting a bandit party when you click on charge the enemy the game simply freezes there and won't respond. as well as when you go to a castle this error shows up Error in script AI_script_round...whatever that means hope there are some fixes for that soon.

This is a definite bug in the modemerger files for 1.45: if used in their present form, the player does not have the ability to keep items picked up in battle, because "freelancer_mission_templates.py" does not add the trigger to call "script_freelancer_keep_field_loot" to freelancer_triggers. It was an easy fix in my personal copy, but I point it out here in case you'd like to correct it for others.

Also, I am still perplexed about the loot screen behavior I mentioned in my previous post. Is the loot screen supposed to appear after a victorious battle or not?

To find out, I installed the latest pre-compiled version downloaded from here: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3446. And in that version, the loot screen does not appear when you are a member of the commander's party--which is as I recalled from previous versions. So to test my hypothesis that the loot screen appearing in the latest modmerger version had to do with some PBOD dependency, I wanted to do a manual install into Diplomacy 4.2 (without PBOD), but of course the only non-modmerger source files available were those for Freelancer 1.1. Nevertheless, I went ahead and installed that version manually, and there too, the loot screen does NOT appear after a victorious battle.

But here is the truly perplexing thing: when I examine the module_game_menus insertion directives in the current modmerger version, they seem to duplicate the the manual instructions for version 1.1 quite faithfully--except, of course, for changing the "not_enlisted" condition to "non_in_party" in a couple of cases. So why doesn't the modmerger version behave like the other versions? I thought perhaps the modmerger insertion functions weren't working properly, and so commented them out and made the changes to module_game_menus manually. In that case, everything still compiles without errors, but rather than showing the loot screen after a battle, the game just freezes when you click "Continue" on the casualty report screen. So, as I say, I am perplexed.

My ultimate purpose is to make a truly stand-alone, modmerger version of Freelancer that I can easily merge into any mod. To that end, I have already removed the Diplomacy dependencies by creating Freelancer versions of "troop_can_use_item" and "slot_item_difficulty," and I have commented out all the Floris-specific insertions, but I can't seem to resolve the loot screen issue. Any help would be appreciated.

And again, thanks for such a fun mod. I wouldn't go to all this trouble if I didn't love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom