[BUGS] Freelancer 1.2-1.4 Bugs. (LOCKED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i suspect it has something to do with porting dipolmacy 3.3.2. to freelancer, cause there are a few other features from that which are not quite working, i.e. having occassional issues with fief trading, and marrying claimants, But I don't know just what the problem is.

Hi!
Just started playing with Freelancer today, and i'm having a small but kind of annoying bug..
Using the latest M&B (i believe it's .43?), and latest Freelancer release (1.3)

Basically when you're enlisted in someone's army, and you go on a town siege, the city hall fight goes very, VERY wrong.
Simply put, the guys that are supposed to be your allies, seem to somehow be enemy. That is, no name displayed, they're attacking you, etc!
It's kind of annoying since you're at point blank range right at the start of the mission, so you basically get gang bang'd in a few seconds :p
An interesting fact is that they seem to still be enemy with your actual enemies (after getting killed, you see both teams battling)
This happened to me 4 out of 4 times so far.

EDIT: I think it happened to me once on the in-city skirmish scene aswell, but it seemed to work okay the other times

i think that's a diplomacy bug, but if you uncheck body in towns/villages in the mod menu,(it's somewhere down at the list) this shouldn't happen anymore. You should try it out

Hi. Firstly, I'd like to say well done folks for a great mod. I'm having a bug issue which has been mentioned previously but I haven't seen an answer or suggestions on possible fixes. After my first couple of battles I no longer get the loot screen coming up. I am using Freelancer 1.3 and have tried it with Warband 1.34 and 1.43 with the same results. I've started 7 games with the same outcome.

Got captured after a battle. While captured, I get a message from Lady Johana's nurse chick that she wants to see me. Well, a bit busy being a prisoner, but I accept. I eventually make my way there....

Apparently she has the personality of a Lord. None of the typical options are there for females, but on the plus side I can enlist in her army o.0

Didn't see this bug listed, figured I'd post it.

Warband 1.34 and freelancer 1.3

Hey guys, I'm new to M&B and I've started out on this cool mod. I'd like to say good work so far! It's pretty fun! :grin: But there's a bug that's been making it hard for me to enjoy. Basically, every time I press the escape button, the pause menu text disappears, and if I return to the game, all the text is gone as well, replaced by... distorted boxes... Is there a fix for this? Would appreciate the help, thanks. :smile:

DeusVeritas said:
Hey guys, I'm new to M&B and I've started out on this cool mod. I'd like to say good work so far! It's pretty fun! :grin: But there's a bug that's been making it hard for me to enjoy. Basically, every time I press the escape button, the pause menu text disappears, and if I return to the game, all the text is gone as well, replaced by... distorted boxes... Is there a fix for this? Would appreciate the help, thanks. :smile:

I never had any bug like this, but I would advise you to wait for 1.4 :wink: The peepz are working on it, just be patient :grin:

@Swordyke: Thanks! But I think thomas's answer is more accurate in my case. I suppose my computer is not very good at handling M&B. :sad: But thanks for the replies, guys! Cheers! :smile:

DeusVeritas said:
@Swordyke: Thanks! But I think thomas's answer is more accurate in my case. I suppose my computer is not very good at handling M&B. :sad: But thanks for the replies, guys! Cheers! :smile:
Sorry mate, couldn't help ya with the problem cuz I didn't knew a thing about it XP

Good luck on fixing it :smile:

I don't know if this is a bug but I played for a couple of days now. I joined the king of Vaegirs and reached the rank of Knight. After a couple of Fights I decided to pledge my vassalage. I was still apart of his army. After I became a vassal all the options for being apart of his army went away. and I am still considered part of his army and so I can't take leave. Only rebel or desert.

Nice find mate, I don't think we ever considered that. I'll work with caba on a fix (I hope you saved before asking for vassalage)

-G :mrgreen:

I did not even know it could have happened so I didn't save. I think I might have found another bug. When I was under the King of Vaegir, I was promoted really quick to knight. I got to not in less than thirty days. After a siege on sargoth with me on the inside lost and I was taken prisoner, when I came back to the king It appears as though I had to reenlist. When I talked to other people they started telling me about how they saw my banner and did not recognize the device. I was still a commoner and not a lord. Then I enlisted with the Khergit King. It has been about 80 days with him and I am still a tribesman.

Shortly I'll be releasing Freelancer 1.4 (Brytenwalda and Floris 2.4 and 2.5 already include this) both the game and the source. We have been developing the game using Mod merger recently , so it will be in modmerger format. There has been a ton of bug fixes but there's always bugs crawling out from under a rock somewhere. That's where you guys come in :wink:

taragoth said:
Shortly I'll be releasing Freelancer 1.4 (Brytenwalda and Floris 2.4 and 2.5 already include this) both the game and the source. We have been developing the game using Mod merger recently , so it will be in modmerger format. There has been a ton of bug fixes but there's always bugs crawling out from under a rock somewhere. That's where you guys come in :wink:

Amazing..cant wait..

Well, since there is a DL Link to 1.4 i tried it and downloaded 1.4 but...its not working. After i uninstalled v1.3 and started v1.4 it always crashes on loading screen since it cant load a specific file. ( Papas_Community_animations.brf ) would be nice if that could be fixed since it prevents the entire game from working.

After Copying this resourcefile ( i manually dled it ) into the resource folder of freelancer 1.4 it had another missing: pbod_resources.brf

when i added that manually too it worked...

- while playing and joining the swadian army it told me it failed to mesh : pic_soldier_world_map

Thankyou kind sir, I'll get onto it.. No idea why it's not showing the missing mesh.. It 'is' in the file.. I'll fix and upload asap

- while playing my king got caught...i was able to take a nap, holiday just as he was fighting...which is odd....but than he got caught as i said and i am in vacation ever since. There should be some possibility to get off of the army in that case...cant do much to free him alone ^^

Or maybe i shouldnt have been able to take a break while he was fighting. Its been quiet odd i could but its possible. Game was paused, i manually unpaused with space to see the result ^^

-freelancer_attach_script or so has some errors. I returned from my holiday when the war ended...and a few red lines appeared, sth seems missing. Wasnt fast enough to note it down though

- another odd thing, i got imprisoned as soon as i left the conversation with the king after a short tavern visit to get artimener in my troop so he can fight aside me in the army *g ...all of a sudden i was imprisoned. Seems the game kept track of my "escape" earlier...and after that i was no longer enlisted in any army...straaaange

Nice find mate, unfortunatly I'm on Night shift so I need sleep, I'm trying to understand why the mesh isnt loading.. it's no 'big' issue anyways. I hope one of the other regulars or even Caba can help you out there, btw I've uploaded a updated version with the missing PBod dds files. I'll get onto fixing the mesh issue, unless one of the devs gets to it first ( it's in the dropbox folder guys)

Anywho, I hope there's not too many more issues..but there always is :sad:  ..ttfn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom