[BUGS] Freelancer 1.1 Bugs and Fixes. (LOCKED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Just received a huge error when I was taken prisoner by King Ragnar after I had mutinied.

At script: battle_political_consequences
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1652: INVALID PARTY ID: 4; LINE NO: 85:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1617: INVALID PARTY ID: 4; LINE NO: 141:
At script: game_event_simulate_battle
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1662: INVALID PARTY ID: 4; LINE NO: 63:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1650: INVALID PARTY ID: 4; LINE NO: 64:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1617: INVALID PARTY ID: 4; LINE NO: 141:
At script: game_event_simulate_battle

=> Started a new game, because I love king Ragnar and didn't want him to be angry with me.  :cry:

2) Before the king  was defeated (which was pretty much inevitable) I asked him for some personal leave, because I wasn't interested in being a prisoner. After he suffered his defeat, I waited for a bit and eventually went to see him. I told him I was ready to return to his command, and all was well.. or at least I thought it was lol. You see, after I chose to leave the town in order to speed up time, I was taken prisoner out of nowhere. So after spending some time in jail (Damn you, Vaegir scum!) I was released at the exact same spot. I had lost all of my possessions and had to enlist back into old Ragnar's  army, starting from scratch.

3) Sometimes there's a few shields that are completely black. Pressing escape to pause the game, and then to resume the game seems to solve this.

4) My lord assisted a lord from another faction. When I chose to join him in battle I only had the option "Don't get involved" which basically led to me being stuck.

SuperNova said:
[...]

My lord assisted a lord from another faction. When I chose to join him in battle I only had the option "Don't get involved" which basically led to me being stuck.

This is quite logical :smile: You have a -5 relationship with all the other factions except the one you are enlisted 2 :smile:

Absolutely right it's logical, but it created some sort of vicious circle from which my character couldn't escape. The only solution was to ask my lord for personal leave.  :razz:

Duh said:
Can anybody verify that this bug is also occuring with 1.134?

DanielTex are you using steam for warband? Or are you playing with the version from the taleworlds site?

I'm not using steam warband, but what is the difference? Different folder names? :???:

My issue with the lord dialog seems to have resolved itself after i quit the game completely and went back in.

maybe its got to do with temp data thats stored onlt while playing??

Hi there,
I'm kinda new to all this so I have no clue where to put this question so I'll just post it here. I've seen some other posts about this but didn't find one where there's actually a solution. This is about the "You shouldn't be reading this" page. When I try to take a castle (or city) and I actually capture I get this page that says "You shouldn't be reading this" followed by a series of dead and wounded enemies. Then, when I try to click on "continue" the page just stays there, I don't return to the worldmap or anything. Also, whenever I try to click on "continue" I get an amount of money...

If there's a solution to this I'd love to hear it 'cause it's kind of a moodkill after the hard killing work : :grin:

Just wanna say thanks already.

Great mod I've been wanting something Like this for years, always wondered why you couldn't be a common piece of arrow fodder.

Having major problems with this mod though; im running Warband 1.143 on Steam and I constantly get Crash to Desktop's, it's making the mod practically unplayable, they usually happen when I enter certain scene's (such as the Lord's Hall in Suno) and in the middle of siege's, I've defended in two siege's fighting for Count Klargus and not managed to finish either, seemingly randomly half way through I get CTD's.. Don't know whether this is due to the mod or the botched update, either way it's not fun at all.

edit: Just tested in native and I get the EXACT same problems; never had this problem in 1.134, way to break your own game taleworlds.

KidKoala said:
Having major problems with this mod though; im running Warband 1.143 on Steam and I constantly get Crash to Desktop's, it's making the mod practically unplayable, they usually happen when I enter certain scene's...edit: Just tested in native and I get the EXACT same problems; never had this problem in 1.134, way to break your own game taleworlds.
Two things you can try, one, tick "Enable Cheats" from the "Configure" option in the Launcher (possible fix for Steam-users only); two, open up module.ini and set disable_moveable_flag_optimization to 1 (for all 1.143 players experiencing in-town-scene crashes).

Caba`drin said:
KidKoala said:
Having major problems with this mod though; im running Warband 1.143 on Steam and I constantly get Crash to Desktop's, it's making the mod practically unplayable, they usually happen when I enter certain scene's...edit: Just tested in native and I get the EXACT same problems; never had this problem in 1.134, way to break your own game taleworlds.
Two things you can try, one, tick "Enable Cheats" from the "Configure" option in the Launcher (possible fix for Steam-users only); two, open up module.ini and set disable_moveable_flag_optimization to 1 (for all 1.143 players experiencing in-town-scene crashes).

yeah that worked perfectly, thanks alot! this mod is now my favorite for warband :smile:

Playing MB:W 1.143
Freelancer 1.1+fix
Job: Sarranid Footman in service to Emir Tilimsan's
Bug: Every time we get into a battle the prep screen comes up but I lack any buttons to press.
Screenshot:
Freelancebug.jpg

Love the mod thus far but this is really game breaking.

EDIT:
I tried to take a vacation to avoid this bug and then to rejoin but when I left the army there was no one in my party... NOT EVEN MYSELF. So I could not move and my party would just run in place.

I've been promoted to Huscarl but I've never recieved any weekly pay? Aren't you supposed to recieve a weekly upkeep?

I'm running 1.143 if that matters.

Duh said:

DanielTex are you using steam for warband? Or are you playing with the version from the taleworlds site?

Yeah. I have this too. I'm using 1.134 non-steam version. I don't think it's an native bug.

Howitzer said:
I've been promoted to Huscarl but I've never recieved any weekly pay? Aren't you supposed to recieve a weekly upkeep?

I'm experiencing a problem with pay as well, I get a lump sum when I receive a 'promotion' but nothing regular. Other than that thank you for the great mod, I wish it all the best!

Bathala said:
Duh said:

Yeah. I have this too. I'm using 1.134 non-steam version. I don't think it's an native bug.
Correct, the in-town siege bugs are a scripting error on our part. Squashed.

Gasket said:
Howitzer said:

I'm experiencing a problem with pay as well, I get a lump sum when I receive a 'promotion' but nothing regular. Other than that thank you for the great mod, I wish it all the best!
Very strange, there doesn't seem to be an issue in the code with this.

Very great mod, just thing that annoys me is when im creating a char - editing my identity(beard etc), game random crashes and i rarely get a chance to finish it. It crashes when i move the sliders.. its like 50% that it will crash. Just a notice.

Guzzy07 said:
Very great mod, just thing that annoys me is when im creating a char - editing my identity(beard etc), game random crashes and i rarely get a chance to finish it. It crashes when i move the sliders.. its like 50% that it will crash. Just a notice.
This happens in some mods, but not in Native, if your machine doesn't have a substantial amount of RAM (or in some cases if you are running a 32-bit OS). There's nothing in the mod code that is contributing to this (Freelancer doesn't change the character creation screen or add any textures there), it is just a Warband resource-use/stability issue.

You can try running Warband with "load textures on demand" ticked. Also, folks have noted in other mod threads that if they make the changes more slowly, particularly with the sliders, it typically won't crash.

I've got more than enough ram as well as 64 bit processor. Well it really isn't a huge problem so. Thanks for the reply tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom