[BUGS] Freelancer 1.1 Bugs and Fixes. (LOCKED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, this is one of the greatest mods I have ever seen. 

Anyways, on with the bug and away with the asskissing... :razz:

When I was enlisted with the Rhodoks and besieging a city (I don't remember which, it was a Swadian one), something bizarre happened. After taking the first wall and going to the street fighting section, I suddenly found myself fighting both Swadian defenders and my former allies, and the same thing happened when I made it to the keep. I haven't been in many sieges, so I don't know if this is a one-time bug or a universal problem.

Hydrall said:
First off, this is one of the greatest mods I have ever seen. 

Anyways, on with the bug and away with the asskissing... :razz:

When I was enlisted with the Rhodoks and besieging a city (I don't remember which, it was a Swadian one), something bizarre happened. After taking the first wall and going to the street fighting section, I suddenly found myself fighting both Swadian defenders and my former allies, and the same thing happened when I made it to the keep. I haven't been in many sieges, so I don't know if this is a one-time bug or a universal problem.

Hey Hydrall, yah that's a new bug that's getting squished :wink: hope to have that gone by next release.

A bug related to the freelancers state check at the victory screen that couses it to never disapear.
rkid3 said:
I just besieged Damascus and at the end I could not get off the 'You shouldn't be reading this' screen. Everytime I pressed continue it gave me a random amount of money between 100 and 400. <....>
Here's a screen:
bug1.jpg
I can confirm this is related to freelancer, as I just test it out myself. What I did joined an lords army, ask for a leave and then conquered a town and I'm in a endless loop. Deleting the freelancer state checks prevents the issiue. Did not try other scenarios - so it's possible that you will end up in the loop in some other scenario as well.

Anyway, changing the checks (eq, "$freelancer_state", 0), to (neq, "$freelancer_state", 1) in the module_game_menus.py, "total_victory" tuple, seem to have made the trick.

I also just now wrote a trigger(module_triggers one) to make the player desert after 3 days of leaving the army and not coming back. And such returning the $freelancer_state to 0. If you are interested, here it is:
Code:
  (24.0, 0, 0, [
        (eq, "$freelancer_state", 2),
    ],
    [
		(try_begin),
          (gt, "$away_days", 0),
		  (assign, reg0, "$away_days"),
		  (display_message, "@You have {reg0} days left till you are declared as a deserter!"),
		  (val_sub, "$away_days", 1),
		(else_try), #declare deserter
		  (display_message, "@You have now been declared as a deserter!"),
		  (assign, "$freelancer_state", 0),
		  (store_troop_faction, ":commander_faction", "$enlisted_lord"),
          #(call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_faction_ex", ":commander_faction", -10), 
		  #only the lord must get angry, decreasing relations with the faction might couse future problems
          (call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_troop", "$enlisted_lord", -20),
		  (call_script, "script_change_player_honor", -20), #lets decreae the honor insted
		  (troop_set_slot, "trp_player", slot_troop_banner_scene_prop, 0),
		(try_end),  
    ]),

The $away_days are assigned in the "lord_request_vacation" call, like this:
Code:
[anyone,"lord_request_vacation",
        [
        (ge, "$g_talk_troop_relation", 0),
        #(assign, "$vacation_state", 1),
		(assign, "$freelancer_state", 2), #CABA party state 2 = vacation
		(assign, "$away_days", 3), #tom
		],
            "Very well {playername}. You shall take some time off from millitary duty.", "lord_pretalk",[
		(call_script, "script_event_player_vacation"),
       	(call_script, "script_party_restore"),
		(change_screen_map),
		],
		],
Feel free to use it if you wish.

DrTomas said:
A bug related to the freelancers state check at the victory screen that couses it to never disapear.
rkid3 said:
I just besieged Damascus and at the end I could not get off the 'You shouldn't be reading this' screen. Everytime I pressed continue it gave me a random amount of money between 100 and 400. <....>
Here's a screen:
bug1.jpg
I can confirm this is related to freelancer, as I just test it out myself. What I did joined an lords army, ask for a leave and then conquered a town and I'm in a endless loop. Deleting the freelancer state checks prevents the issiue. Did not try other scenarios - so it's possible that you will end up in the loop in some other scenario as well.

Anyway, changing the checks (eq, "$freelancer_state", 0), to (neq, "$freelancer_state", 1) in the module_game_menus.py, "total_victory" tuple, seem to have made the trick.
Might be better to prevent a player on leave from besieging a center in the first place.
Those (eq, state, 0), were purposeful to exclude folks on leave, too.

Caba`drin said:
Might be better to prevent a player on leave from besieging a center in the first place.
Those (eq, state, 0), were purposeful to exclude folks on leave, too.

Sure. Right now going out for a leave and then joining a faction(as a vasal or as mecenery captain) currently does not revert the state as well. Then joining the siege with you're faction lords might also couse the situation when you will not be able to leave the meniu as well. So insted of adding checks on all those possible situations, I went with a lazy method for 1257ad (atleast untill a patch comes from you're teams side) - put togeter the desertion triger and only enforce the state when you're in the lords armie(state 1).

taragoth said:
As for the Desertion after so many days... We like that idea  :twisted:
Neat!

SuperNova said:
1) Just received a huge error when I was taken prisoner by King Ragnar after I had mutinied.

At script: battle_political_consequences
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1652: INVALID PARTY ID: 4; LINE NO: 85:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1617: INVALID PARTY ID: 4; LINE NO: 141:
At script: game_event_simulate_battle
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1662: INVALID PARTY ID: 4; LINE NO: 63:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1650: INVALID PARTY ID: 4; LINE NO: 64:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1617: INVALID PARTY ID: 4; LINE NO: 141:
At script: game_event_simulate_battle

=> Started a new game, because I love king Ragnar and didn't want him to be angry with me.  :cry:
Has anyone else tried to revolt? If so, did you a string of messages like this after a revolt? Did the prisoners rise up against you, too, or did you just lose the battle with the lord?

Bottom line, I can't figure this one out, despite the very thorough report, without a bit more information. So the complete situation would be nice--who were the parties involved, etc.

OFFTOPIC:

Started a new game, because I love king Ragnar and didn't want him to be angry with me. 
icon_cry.gif

EPIC!

orome said:
we cant go to town market at all while we are in service for some lord?

In the previous version, no. We'll be releasing the new one very soon where you can

#Note to everyone.

Please Note before posting any new bug reports, new version will most likely remove any bugs you encounter

First of all,CONGRATULATIONS for this mod Taragoth(and the other developers :smile: )

You have made my summer with this mod  i've always searched :mrgreen:

Can you fix(or maybe tell me a workaround) for a bug in SND POLISHED NATIVE MOD?

When I upgrade,i receive only weapons,not armors...even If I am a Swadian Knight,I have a rusty sword and a padded cloth  :???:

New version will fix that, as said before all these bugs have basically been fixed now... new version very soon.. we are fixing some features then releasing.  :mrgreen:

Not sure if this is a bug or just Native, but I've been a bannerman for King Graveth for the past year and a half and we managed to capture Shariz, Weyye Castle and Carraf Castle from the Sarranids. Graveth claimed Carraf for himself and he's proceeded to sit in the castle twiddling his thumbs for the past six months, at first we were undersiege by a small force of 32 men (which I requested leave for and dealt with myself) thinking that was the reason why he had turned into a vegetable as when I asked him what he and his men were doing he said he was waiting until the siege had been lifted before dealing with other matters in the realm.. anyway four months on from that and he's still sat there, when I ask him what he's doing he says he's reenforcing the garrison of the castle though it already has +100 men in it and his own party has 269 men. It's starting to get annoying as the rest of the realm is alternately attacked by the Swadians, Nords and Khergits and we're losing ground. Im starting to resent the guy and considering changing to another more pro-active lord.

Have other people had problems with Lords suddenly becoming inactive and sitting in castles for long periods of time? I had the same issue with a Sarranid lord in another game and I ended up changing lords as a result. This is something I've never seen in native so wasn't sure whether it was a bug or not.  :?:

KidKoala said:
Have other people had problems with Lords suddenly becoming inactive and sitting in castles for long periods of time? I had the same issue with a Sarranid lord in another game and I ended up changing lords as a result. This is something I've never seen in native so wasn't sure whether it was a bug or not.  :?:
I assure you that none of the Freelancer code interacts with NPC lords' AI and decision-making. That might be a good thing, or a bad thing...but it means this behavior isn't due to your enlistment with the lord.

Caba`drin said:
KidKoala said:
I assure you that none of the Freelancer code interacts with NPC lords' AI and decision-making. That might be a good thing, or a bad thing...but it means this behavior isn't due to your enlistment with the lord.

ah I see, I guess I'll go do some side quests for a while and hope Graveth decides to stop being a couch potato.

I noticed that equipment disappear from inventory and I dont know why but I don't get all stuff that has unit I was upgraded to. Also after my first battle I get relation with my lord +1 and after that for +50 days nothing. I thought that during my service I should improve relation with my lord and his army but I didnt see a thing of that feature.

sorry about english and sorry if this bugs or questions were already asked.

No more bug reports please until v 1.2 is released. spankyou... I mean thank you :razz:

Hi,I just downloaded this mod. And whenever i start the game it says datahandle[5] not valid and datahandle[45] not valid,then when i go in to play the game,i make a character,and my guys head is where his crotch is,and his torso and legs are ontop of his head and they are extremely elongated.I think this is a bug. please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom