BUG Reports v 1.39 (Read first page before post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bug when you try to save a prisoner.

I was serving as a freelancer the lord of Loidis, when we lose a battle. So I was free with all the equipment etc., but my lord was captured. I went to save him from the dungeon. In the dungeon I've him and a copy of me, fully equipped (shield, sword, spear etc.).
We got out of the dungeon and the stupid lord started to attack me.
I ran away and killed the enemy guards, but couldn't get out, so I had to knock out my lord as well.
Thus I was out, but the lord was left behind.

Other bug during siege.

I was serving as a freelancer another lord in a besieged town. The siege was still on, while nobody were sieging. This also happens in vanilla, so no problem. Suddenly we were travelling far from the town when Penda attacked the walls. So I was curiosly teleported there and I participated the defence.

First I want tell that this is the best mod for this game, BUT there are few bugs that need to be fixed. Lets begin...if I send my men without me in a battle the enemy has no casualties(only my men dying), also during a siege(only my men dying) or when i send my archers before the battle(commander's option) neither my men nor his dying.
Another problem is when i speak with my wife(when is pregnant), appear the message:"you shouldnt read this"(how her answer) and the dialog end.

I was following my lord in his army for several months, and eventually went into a battle (It was defending against a siege) where the option to follow him into the battle just gave the message that the enemy was forced to retreat. I had no option but to desert the army, and then when I tried to reenlist in his army I was back to the very first rank.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but Onuist and Lothar are non-existing and not listed in the character list. Did they get deleted in 1.39?

HUD text (damage reports, etc) disappears after some time or doesn't shows at all from the start of the game. 1.39, no other mods installed.

Adorno said:
This is for posting bugs. Next time make a thread if you have questions. But instead of being a ****, I'll answer your question  :smile:
When talking to a lord you should see the option: "My lord, I would like to enlist in your army".

That's the thing, i think it's a bug. I don't see that option.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/18256608/screenshot/594707027348100516
http://steamcommunity.com/id/18256608/screenshot/594707027348095327/?

More bugs:

After carefully watching the results of the games selections available through the camp menu, I've determined that at the very least, the stumble and blood-loss shut-off is not working; I am not certain about the others. I doubt any of them work correctly.

Additionally, and I'm not absolutely certain of this, I suspect that some character skills are being ignored by the game system, particularly the shields skill, and also the looting skill.

When I dismiss formations (which should be able to be shut off because they are useless, and not particularly accurate), all the infantry line of way to the left, while the archers line up right. They will not center on my position, regardless of orders. I've commented on the failures of the combat system for 3 incarnations of this mod now, and it is STILL an issue.

Again, it'd probably be a pretty good idea to fix one version before adding new material and messing up all that hard work.   

Hey guys i downloaded 1.39 just now and started a game. After a few days dodging bandits with my farmers/troops i decided to join a lord's army. In the first battle i get C++ Runtime error and it closes the game !
i think the scrips should be checked ?

Runtime errors can also be performance issues. Be sure to check this thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183782.0.html

Generally Brytenwalda is 'heavier' than native and you might have to turn down battle size and/or graphic settings.

OK thanks i'll have a look. Its really annoying cos i cant play any battles.
And also the movement of the lords whilst serving with their is army is very stuttering(juttering??) 

sry for my english...

I found 2 bugs, i don't know if they are already known:
1) i have a quest to free a lord trapped in Cantwaraburh, the one that you usually complete by entering the castle, speaking to the prison guard, killing him, take the keys, free the lord and kill all remaining guards.
BUT this time there is something really weird, when i talk to the prison guard in order to being able to kill it, it gives me the normal dialog but then, instead of turning "enemy" he became "friend". That means that i have to kill him with ranged weapons (that allows friendly fire). Then, after i free the lord, HE is my enemy, and attack me, while all the guards are friendly... so there is no way to complete this quest (i mean, without paying the ransom or siege the town).
2) if you are a freelancer, and a lord ask you to marry him, the dialogs with ALL lords change as if you married them (so there is no way to ask for quest, for example).... maybe should i post this one to Freelancer Mod Forum?

Keep getting this error over and over. It blocks out any regular text so I have to go into Recent Messages to see how much money I lose or anything like that.

Just recently installed brytenwalda and started a new game, it's been happening since the very start, any fix?

q0HSe.jpg

fusbun said:
Keep getting this error over and over. It blocks out any regular text so I have to go into Recent Messages to see how much money I lose or anything like that.

Just recently installed brytenwalda and started a new game, it's been happening since the very start, any fix?

q0HSe.jpg
This. I also suspect that this error results in removal of all HUD text whatsoever.

There seems to be a few lords in my game who aren't moving, I've waited a while now and there's still no activity; they just stay in their castles or keeps.

Gasket said:
There seems to be a few lords in my game who aren't moving, I've waited a while now and there's still no activity; they just stay in their castles or keeps.

Same here. But I think it depends on a mix of luck (yours) and personality (their). You can ask some noble women about their parents' personality. Under Bernaccia I could not stop fighting, in Ireland it was total boredom!

I bought a ship, went to raid a church in Northumbria, and now I can not get off the ship. Last time I tried the game crashed on me. I have relaunched the game several times and still can't get off the ship. Any help anyone? And don't say it was divine intervention to save the church -_-

@Polobow -- I don't know how, but you seem to have only Native dialog. Do you play from within Steam?

@fusbun -- You have to install WB version 1.143.

@vargy -- Correct. Every time we get a report of disappearing HUD, it's from these op 266 errors. Op 266 didn't exist before WB 1.143.

F.F.C._fritz said:
Gasket said:

Same here. But I think it depends on a mix of luck (yours) and personality (their). You can ask some noble women about their parents' personality. Under Bernaccia I could not stop fighting, in Ireland it was total boredom!
Mm. Could be that my decreasing game prosperity is preventing lords from recruiting to a certain level. Could you send me a save game and note which lords aren't moving?

motomataru said:
@Polobow -- I don't know how, but you seem to have only Native dialog. Do you play from within Steam?

@fusbun -- You have to install WB version 1.143.

@vargy -- Correct. Every time we get a report of disappearing HUD, it's from these op 266 errors. Op 266 didn't exist before WB 1.143.

F.F.C._fritz said:
Gasket said:

Mm. Could be that my decreasing game prosperity is preventing lords from recruiting to a certain level. Could you send me a save game and note which lords aren't moving?

The first lord I've noticed is Dryhten Athlewine in Ceasterfield, he has 108 men and hasn't moved in a month or so. The second lord is Ealdorman Blaecca who is in Hyrne Ceaster and has 119 men although I haven't watched him as long as the first.

I just spotted another one, Ealdorman Frithewalh in Ligor Ceaster. There seems to be quite a few of them, so a quick fix to this would be appreciated if it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom