BUG Reports v 1.39 (Read first page before post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cpkuntz said:
I've found three real bugs.  The issue people are having with Freelancer isn't really a bug, it's an opinion about content.  Freelancer in Brytenwalda allows the player to still obtain loot at the end of a battle, as with native.  The game engine recognizes you as a one-man party, and your lord's army is an ally.  In native Warband (and Mount & Blade), your party (even if it is only one man) always gets to select loot items at the end of a battle.  This is a Warband issue, not a bug.

Ah I get it now, thanks  :wink:
So it means this is the reason why me, not my lord, get the option about burying the dead at the end of battles. And pays for our navy. Well, so it means i won't do any freelancing for this version. I'm trying to become a good ol bard right now.

cpkuntz said:
I've found three real bugs.  The issue people are having with Freelancer isn't really a bug, it's an opinion about content.  Freelancer in Brytenwalda allows the player to still obtain loot at the end of a battle, as with native.  The game engine recognizes you as a one-man party, and your lord's army is an ally.  In native Warband (and Mount & Blade), your party (even if it is only one man) always gets to select loot items at the end of a battle.  This is a Warband issue, not a bug.

interesting. will this be fixed for 1.4?

Hey, I found that you can't bust a lord out of the prison at Gyleford near londenwic. I set a fire at westarfam(or however you spell it) and then went in and talked to the prison guard and did the breakout conversation option(give the keys to me now!) and he did his little spiel and nothing happened. The conversation ended, but none of the guards moved, its like they stayed in non-hostile mode but i pressed tab and i couldnt leave, i had to run out to the area boundary to get out. The guards didnt attack and i couldnt kill them so i had to run away.

Had a new one just crop up: engaged a party of Dena raiders and challenged the leader to a duel...but ended up fighting the prince of Mierce! He was no where near the fight and I was working for Mierce at the time...

If you get a contract/quest as a mercenary group leader for a faction, the guy who recruits you says he'll pay your monthly upkeep for your troops, depending on their number and quality. At the end of the month, I got paid 30 and my party upkeep cost was 1200.

The financial report page is also messed up not only at the start of the game, but all the way through.

The upgrade trees accessed through the camp menu cause graphical glitches if you scroll through them.

The mercenary upgrade tree is a bit strange. There's no way to upgrade to horseman and equite (spearmen can become either milites or heavy warrior, both heavy infantry types)

The prisoner attacked me, when I did want rescue him.It was in Cear Magnis and Llys Pengwern.

Llys Pengwer - The door in Great Hall does't work.

as a soldier of your king,you can gain any loot and get the money like when you defeat an army alone (i get 3500 money by killing and army of 180 with my King's army of 6000)and get like 6000 money by selling the loot (sorry for my english)

graycloak said:
Had a new one just crop up: engaged a party of Dena raiders and challenged the leader to a duel...but ended up fighting the prince of Mierce! He was no where near the fight and I was working for Mierce at the time...
OK, did the prince of Mierce happen to be the last person you had a dialog with? I think I spot the problem, but want to confirm.

motomataru said:
graycloak said:
OK, did the prince of Mierce happen to be the last person you had a dialog with? I think I spot the problem, but want to confirm.

Yes and I was able to replicate a similar experience....it doesn't happen every time though so it may be based on how long since the conversation?

The basic late roman helmet sits a bit too high on the head - so it looks ridicoulos, like the hat of a dwarf, and its a bit cocky.

Two bugs this time: 1st and most annoying, I purchased a ship and when that weeks wages came due, i paid for my party's wages, and that of my crew's which came to around 7k, on the expenses side of the screen, then on the amount due number it suddenly jumped up by about 5 thousand gold(or whatever) with no explanation of how 7k(ish) became 13k(ish). This has happened for the following week as well. As you might imagine, my morale has plummeted as i had nowhere near enough money either time, and the 2nd happened during a siege(with realistic siege on, AND I still won :smile: ). My average morale now is low-below average. :sad:
2nd bug: maybe its supposed to be that way but i beached my boat, landed, massacred some Franks, and then tried to send my boat to a port as i had too many people to get back on, but to my surprise, i could only "manage the crew", "sail to port" which didn't work, and "No" . Is it supposed to be that way?
oh yeah and a small 3rd one maybe, I purchased my craft at Caer Liguiad, the Rheged town at Carlisle and it wouldnt let me take ship but I had to send it to a different port before I could get on, as apparently when i tried i was spawned in a landlocked vessel that couldnt move except to ask me if i wanted to disembark.

mesor said:
Ive got these message in my notes and im not seeing any of the the normal messages.

Script error on opcode 1652: Invalid party id: 4; line number: 141:
At script: Battle_political_consequences.
At script: Game_event_simulate_battle.
I don't have enough information to see how this could be happening. If you are running cheat mode and encounter this again, please send me rgl_log.txt before starting the game up again. At the very least, a screenie of the game notes where the errors appear. Thanks!
mesor said:
Also From time to time it makes me constantly draw/change weapon in a fight and i cant make it stop.
Found it, thanks. I don't know how to make this stop before the next version other than not carrying a spear and a non-spear.
mesor said:
Sometimes both sides in a fight refuse to advance so i have to attack them directly alone and die to get the fight running.
If you happen to have a save before a battle like this, please send it to me for analysis.

graycloak said:
motomataru said:
graycloak said:

Yes and I was able to replicate a similar experience....it doesn't happen every time though so it may be based on how long since the conversation?
Well, most encounters start with a dialog, so the code assumes whomever you last talked to is the opponent in the duel. That assumption fails when the game jumps right to the battle menu...

Anyone having trouble importing companions from 1.38? When I select one in the camp menu import/export screen and hit C, nothing happens. Imported my PC fine though.

Great mod! Great atmosphere and well-balanced... really fun.

aemon1989 said:
Anyone having trouble importing companions from 1.38? When I select one in the camp menu import/export screen and hit C, nothing happens. Imported my PC fine though.
Imported few companions ok already.

First things first: congratulations to the Brytenwalda team for their 1.39 release.  The inclusion of the Freelancer Mod has made the already great mod even better.  After all, I was a bit tired of building a new character up to the really interesting late-game-area which allows you to enjoy every aspect of ther game, i.e. being rich and having good stats is a must before you can start to conquer and the like.  Boy did I hate to "farm" for the money and XP gained by trading and/or or fighting Dena raiders from horseback with a lance time and again.

The latter doesn't work so well now anyway with the introduction spear bracing.  I couldn't get that one to work for my char by the way.  Pressing "J" didn't do anything.  But then, I have Papa Lazarous' combat animations installed, maybe that is the culprit?

Joining an army as an individual rather than as a leader of a quality mercenary company is definitely a very realistic addition to Brytenwalda.  Although I found a few oddities in the behaviour of the Freelancer system. 

1) While I think it is fine to allow for extensive looting after battle, I miss the option to do so if the Lord I serve is looting a village or razing a town after a siege.

2) It works to recruit companions and even regular units during your leave time; they are gone as long as you stay in your Lord's army but return afterwards - this works fine.  Unless... your Lord gets defeated.  Then, you and he get into captivity separately, but after you escape, your companions are gone.  The hired troops as well... I did not try out yet wether I simply have to re-collect them somewhere or wether they are really gone from the game, but one thing really disturbed me more, from a RPG perspective.  I wanted to free my Lord and then...

3) I was in service with Frithewald from Mierce.  After several successful battles against East Seaxna, he and King Penda were defeated, despite the fierce soldier "Harold The Hard" (my favourite name when playing as a Angle/Saxon/Jute) who had knocked down the opposing Lord.  Harold escaped during the prisoner transport, miraculously no one had taken any of his gear! 

Then, I asked another Lord of Mierce for the whereabouts of Frithewald and he told me where my commander was imprisoned. This were nice roleplaying options arising, for I could enter unchallenged and undisguised into that castle - not possible for an ufficially hired and well-known mercenary captain like in the previous versions or any game without Freelancer.  No matter how tough, after all Harold is a common soldier and not personally known amongst the enemy...  yet!

And then, just great: King Penda and Frithewald are in the dungeon (payed 100 scillingas to talk and check situation).  But unfortunately, only Penda could be interacted with.  I could not talk to Frithewald, even though Penda suggested taking him with us.  Therefor, I could fight just the two us out of there but we had to leave Frithewald.  Next day I could only sneak in disguise and was not well enough armed (pilgrim's staff, sigh...) to defeat the guard. 

Plus, when talking to Frithewald, he did not recognize me as a member of his army.  As if I was automatically dismissed after a defeat and then taken prisoner as an individual by the enemy, hence my escape.  But still, he should say something along the lines of: "Harold, is that really you? Listen, you are one of my bravest men, I know it well, so you WILL find a way to get me out of here!"  Or at least he should react to me suggesting the prison break in a way that shows I am in his army still.  So, if there is a bug, plz fix it so one can talk to two imprisoned lords and take them both into freedom! 

The castle was Theodburh or so, in East Seaxna lands between Norwic and Gantebryghe.  Penda and Frithewald were in separate holding cells, and you could talk to Penda in the right cell but not to Frithewald in the left cell.  When alone, Frithewald was in the right cell and could be adressed.

4) I'll check what happened to the companions; should be like standard Warband: if you loose and get imprisoned, they hang around in bars and drink away their sorrows until you pick their miserable asses up again...

This game is great even with small flaws like that! Freelancing beats "Dena-Farming" waaay long!

tourist

When playing brytenwalda in WSE (for battle time functionality) it keeps saying that the mead hall is locked and the arena too.
Very annoying bug, PLEASE fix ASAP because I reported this bug in 1.38 already and it's very annoying having to restart the whole game whenever I want to go to the mead hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom