Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.53]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Gameplay version
I got flying houses in Balanli, have an image but dont know how to upload picture.

The scene is bugged for me, will try to reinstall and see if it works.

A little issue:

When talking to the Guild master in any city and he gives you the quest for finding and destroying the specific band of bandits, "who terrorize the road near .....", the guild master actually tells you where to look for this band, but in your quest journal there is a mistake. For example if you took the quest from Narra and you must search near Dhirim, your quest journal says you must search near Narra. Dhirim is not mentioned. In short: In your quest journal the city you took the quest from took the place of the city you are supposed to look around. Tried and verified.

Caba`drin said:
Emperor Dagon said:
Warband v1.153
Floris expanded mod 2.53
Reworked Tree

I have the same problem. I've started several new games to try and find Sigmund but no luck. I am about 177 days in on one of them and still nothing. My save game before the 2.53 update  I had hired him but after the update I had to find him and hire him again. It worked on that save, but I can't find him on any of the new ones.

Also, I use the reworked tree, and while it is a very nice setup, some of the units such as I5 Freelancer Swordmaster, have lower stats or worse armor and weapons then what they are upgrading from. Another one is the I4 Freelancer Spearman, they had like a 60 polearm skill and very high one-handed and two-handed skills. I don't think this was intended so I am just bringing this to your attention.

0. Backup menus.txt
1. Open menus.txt and search for
Code:
540 3 360287970189640336 3 2 540 3 360287970189640336 12
2. In that block on numbers:
Change the lone 2 to 1
Change the first 540 to 2147484188
3. Save, play.

Sorry folks.

Thanks alot. Great Mod btw. I can't play without!

I just experienced a strange bug- after assaulting a castle (the one at the border of khergit and vaegir territory), after the looting screen, I get a message saying "you shouldn't be reading this...", followed by a list of enemy casualties (prisoners?) of the battle. When I click continue, I get money, presumably what the poor sods had on them, but I don't leave the screen. I was effectively stuck in this screen, no manner of key combination short of just exiting the game by pressing the cross in windowed mode worked.

Varnos

Edit'd: just upgraded from 2.5.2 to 2.5.3, running warband 1.153. No issues in the hours prior, did two sieges in that time.

Caba`drin said:
Krowe93 said:
Caba`drin said:
Krowe93 said:
Currently using Floris mod, but this is Freelancer related.

I'm currently serving Hersir Marayirr (I'd assume hes a Jarl in Native), and I'm stuck at the third rank up from normal. The commanders report says my experience to next rank is N/A. I still get paid for my current rank, but I can't advance at all.

Previous to this, I wanted to change my class. Since Freelancer doesn't support changing classes, I deserted to pick again. Got up to Rank 3 of my preferred one and now I'm stuck :sad:
Do you get the upgrade menu each week or do you just get your pay? On the upgrade menu it will state why you cannot upgrade if you are lacking skills or attributes.

Only getting paid, after checking though I don't have the requirements for either rank. I guess that solves that problem lol
Odd. Are you running Floris 2.53? It also adds the ability to change classes. So if you aren't seeing that ability, or the upgrade menu when you have enough XP--even if you don't have the skills--then I'm guessing you aren't running our current version.

I should be, everything is marked 2.53. Currently I have Floris Expanded 2.53, but I don't see the option to change classes nor do I get the upgrade notification even if I can't upgrade.

Should I attempt a reinstall? I've also had some issues with the textures on some armors, so all this could be just a shoddy install.

Warband 1.153; Floris Extended 2.53

During my feast, anytime you talk to a Lord and it raises your relations by the +1, when the dialogue window pops up they say, "I lift a [their respective name] to your health, [player name]. You are most gracious to host us on this occasion. Now, what is it?"

Obviously, they're saying their own names in place of a "cup of wine." Should you speak to someone attending the feast and your relations stay the same and don't raise +1, for example when talking to someone twice in a row, they'll correctly say "cup of wine" in place of their own names.

A couple minor syntax errors I've noticed as well; when in Personal Reports --> Character Reports menu, there's a line that says:
Character Reports Menu said:
"You right to rule is X."
...which is simply missing the "r."

Also, I picked up the Floris companion a while back and finally just picked up Firentis a night or two ago. When Firentis speaks to the player after a battle praising Floris as a worthy man and friend, he says something regarding heaven or the heavens. It's the first word of a sentence, but both the H and E are capitalized in the word. So, it reads "HEaven(s)."

Sorry, for whatever reason I try to grab screen shots and nothing happens. I have no idea why. It's [ctrl + print screen], right?

Varnos said:
I just experienced a strange bug- after assaulting a castle (the one at the border of khergit and vaegir territory), after the looting screen, I get a message saying "you shouldn't be reading this...", followed by a list of enemy casualties (prisoners?) of the battle. When I click continue, I get money, presumably what the poor sods had on them, but I don't leave the screen. I was effectively stuck in this screen, no manner of key combination short of just exiting the game by pressing the cross in windowed mode worked.

Varnos

Edit'd: just upgraded from 2.5.2 to 2.5.3, running warband 1.153. No issues in the hours prior, did two sieges in that time.

Same problem here....

I'll try to finally track that down today. It's a problem with my attempt to keep savegames compatible...luckily it appears to be the only place that I missed in that attempt. Unluckily, it's fairly major and gamebreaking for folks.

I'm experiencing a bug during siege assaults: my allies don't join in. As marshal, I've called my allies to campaign with me and they're next to me on the world map, but when I initiated the siege only my own army participates.

I recently returned to the game after a hiatus; sieges worked fine when I played three months ago with Floris v2.5 and client v1.4.something. But it doesn't seem to be working now. I've patched Floris to 2.5.3.

graymocker said:
I'm experiencing a bug during siege assaults: my allies don't join in. As marshal, I've called my allies to campaign with me and they're next to me on the world map, but when I initiated the siege only my own army participates.

I recently returned to the game after a hiatus; sieges worked fine when I played three months ago with Floris v2.5 and client v1.4.something. But it doesn't seem to be working now. I've patched Floris to 2.5.3.
Seems quite odd. The code here hasn't changed. You're definitely marshal?
Is this a new game on 2.53, or an old save that's been ported to 2.53?

Playing Expanded in native module 1.153; there are some problems in character creatures including some typos and a annoying glitch where you make a female character the 'Lady-in-waiting' option gives you the male squire story.

In part two of the intro quest (For the Khergit Khanate if it matters) where you chase down the band of robbers; the leader has a shapeless pitch black texture of a torso and the game freezes, you are unable to do anything and must use ctrl-alt-del to close the game. I think it's a missing textures and this happened with three different installs now so I decided to finally report it.

Nerkcon said:
In part two of the intro quest (For the Khergit Khanate if it matters) where you chase down the band of robbers; the leader has a shapeless pitch black texture of a torso and the game freezes, you are unable to do anything and must use ctrl-alt-del to close the game. I think it's a missing textures and this happened with three different installs now so I decided to finally report it.
It does. See http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,231904.msg5552126.html#msg5552126 for a fix.

Another awkward thing that I don't know if it is a bug or it is intended to be that way:

When you talk to your common soldiers in the party screen you have the option to view their equipment just as you can for companions. But the problem is that you can actually take their stuff without any remorse, which I do not like. Because, if it is intended, I consider it cheating - think about I am early in-game, hire some top tier soldier and strip him away of his equipment. This way I had one of the best possible equipments very early on without any significant efford. This simply does not make any sense. The option to view the equipment of the soldiers is very nice, but I will prefer to not have it if it cause the problem.
If it is not intended to be that way, I report it now.

wildyracing said:
Another awkward thing that I don't know if it is a bug or it is intended to be that way:

When you talk to your common soldiers in the party screen you have the option to view their equipment just as you can for companions. But the problem is that you can actually take their stuff without any remorse, which I do not like. Because, if it is intended, I consider it cheating - think about I am early in-game, hire some top tier soldier and strip him away of his equipment. This way I had one of the best possible equipments very early on without any significant efford. This simply does not make any sense. The option to view the equipment of the soldiers is very nice, but I will prefer to not have it if it cause the problem.
Nay!! The secret is out!!!!!!

DC53 said:
wildyracing said:

Nay!! The secret is out!!!!!!

uuuummmmm.... Have you actually done this. I know what you are talking about but last time i checked all your changes were null and void once you left the item screen. In other words you can play around but it doesn't actually happen.

EDIT: Just loaded up and check this in my game against a C7 and H7... not happening. If you can do this then you might have a bug and need to be more specific for the modders to look at it.

For 2.52 Savegame Compatibility
Addressing this Problem:
razzz said:
Varnos said:

Varnos

Same problem here....
OXeN said:
I tried to re-use my saves from 2.52, but when I'm doing so, I receive a new quest telling me I'm enlisted in player faction (My own name).
I didn't think it would be much of a bugger, but everytime I try to siege and seize a city, I get a "You shouldn't be able to read this" panel with the list of casualties where the game seems to be stuck in an infinite loop, clicking on "Continue" not helping a bit.
Bankoleva said:
My second glitch is far mor gamebreaking and needs immediate attention. After conquering the castle the game locked up or well would progress past a continuation screen. I hit continue a dozen times and it just game random money and never progressed. I had to ALT-F4 out of the game and CTD after spending 30 minutes seiging that castle :mad:. I started back up and enabled cheatmode and did the insta conquer and got the same result. I further test it on an enemy Town and re tested on a friendly town all with the same problem. Images to show...

QfqyV.jpg
_1kK8.jpg
TGhtU.jpg
w_7v_.jpg
5OUjo.jpg

As i would like to someday be able to conquer a castle or start my own kingdom this clearly is a major problem. Relevant information.. I'm fully patched to  Floris 2.53 on the updated warband playing steam. Was playing as a Mercenary for Khergits, at war with the Nords. If you need more info i'm glad to give it, just ask.
tunaisafish said:
Duh said:
I can neither reproduce this with instant conquer nor with a regular siege - is there anything special you did in/to your game? Were you enlisted at any point? Could you upload your broken savegame?

I have the same problem here.  I'd noticed as OXeN said in post #15 that the patch enabled a quest where you were enlisted in your own faction.  I'd just taken Suno, taken prisoners, taken loot, and then got stuck on the same "You shouldn't be able to read this" screens as Bankoleva posted.

Floris Gameplay 1.53 (updated from 1.52)
Warband 1.153 (via Steam)
WinXP running with /3Gb switch

I'd started on 1.52 enlisted as a Swadian soldier for Harlus.  I was forced out as Harlus got his butt kicked so much he ended up in jail, and the time for me to report back before being classed a deserter ran out.  The quest ended and all was working ok.  Was kinda funny being skint and shunned.  I was able to seige after the desertion, and before the patch.

With the 1.53 patch, a message stated it had fixed the broken quest, and the New quest appeared with me at the same rank I was in Harlus's army (C4 Equdor (sp?)) but now with me in my own army (player faction).  At the time I installed 1.53, I was (and still am) a Rhodok vassal.

So yeah your theory about it having something to do with enlisting sounds right (for 2 of the 3 reports so far anyway).
I'll register with one of those file upload sites if you want the savegame (or pm me an email to post it to).

EDIT: Bugged Savefile

...etc...

I have absolutely no idea why that is happening. It doesn't make any sense after looking at the save provided, given the 'porting' code present and our method of compiling to ensure savegame compatibility.

That said, if you haven't started a new game and want to use a 2.52 (or earlier save) and you are currently NOT enlisted (if you are enlisted at the time of the port, things should work correctly and you should NOT do the following), try the following to make the game work:
1. Backup simple_triggers.txt
2. Open up simple_triggers.txt and find the first line that reads
Code:
24.000000  0
3. Replace that line with
Code:
1.000000  12 1107 1 0 6 3 1224979098644774912 504403158265495650 504403158265495654 200 1 1224979098644774912 1 2 936748722493063564 1224979098644774912 3 0 2319 1 1 1117 3 360287970189639680 3 1 1107 1 1 2133 2 144115188075857191 0 2133 2 144115188075857388 0 2133 2 144115188075857192 0 1106 1 216172782113783810
4. Save, start the game and load your save.
5. Wait on the world map until the message "Yes." appears. (Up to 1 in-game hour)
6. Save the game and exit to desktop.
7. Restore the original simple_triggers.txt

That should clear any erroneous Freelancer variables/quests.
Sorry for the run around...it is quite perplexing. This should ensure compatibility though.

Hie guys, i posted a glitch in page 13, dont ignore it

In gameplay version, the biuldings in balinli are floating in the air.. better check it out.

NalgaSucia said:
Hie guys, i posted a glitch in page 13, dont ignore it

In gameplay version, the biuldings in balinli are floating in the air.. better check it out.

Nalga,

I believe the MODS wanted those kinds of glitches to be posted in the "Graphics scenes feedback/bugs/Suggestion" sticky thread. I'm sure they saw it but if your looking for feedback or response you'll get it in that thread.

New issues....

I'm a lord for the Khergits and control the town of Narra only. Stole it from the sarranids so of course they want it back. Campaigned with 1500+ men to get it from me. This was my first major siege in Floris 2.53 so paid some extra attention. 2 things were unavoidably noticeable and probably a glitch somewhere..

1) There was no reinforcement cap... or it didn't work. I literally spent 45 minutes watching as all 1500 troops came in 1 siege scene/sequence :shock:. No break no retreat just an endless stream of sarranids. It would have gone longer but the next glitch  just flipped my sanity and around 900 dead/unconscience sarranid i just cheat killed to the end of the 1500. This is a problem because a) i ran out of arrows at like dead sarranid 80 and despite picking up arrows about 30 of those 45 minutes was judt simply BORING b) IT WAS BORING :cry: c) for my own sanity i need some kind of break in there... a moment to rearm and recollect myself. 1500+ straight with no break was just not cool at all.

Edit: I am aware of the reinforcement wave thing in Mod options... it was set to 5.... That clearly didn't happen here.

2) Somewhere around dead guy 400 something, i noticed that my orders were blantanly no being followed. I had started out with a good strategic design giving my archers good positioning to hit the enemy at the ladders and having my infantry/cavalry in layered positions to catch any survivors of the arrow barrage. I left my comp after 10 minutes or so (since this battle was going forever and i was basically useless) came back to find everyone charging. Reissued orders and within seconds saw them change back without any influence from me to charge mode. I was heavily out number 5 to 1 and was doing good with the strategic play but once my archers started charging to the ladders like they were infantry and not even positioning on the walls to shoot... it was just annoying to say the least. I hit every button combination and order sequence i could but all units from all my special named companies and general companies simply wanted to charge. The only good thing was that the enemy force was broken down to tier 3 and weaker troops so my forces still seems to be winning but it was just simply frustrating to watch my force charge to their deaths quite illogically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom