Bug Reports and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Ishtari ladies' long hairs still aren't properly secured onto their heads. This time I've screencapped it (and I'm still playing a male character so this is also another case of that misgendering bug I mentioned in my previous post here).

ChbkTnk.jpg

Edit: And a better view of the problem.

RnpvTs6.jpg

There seems to be a missing texture with this lords clothes.

vPwkK2f.jpg

and the hose that you use with the cuirass leave a slight gap and don't align as well as with say the normal uniform. I'm sorry if I seem like a nitpicking *******. I just thought I should maybe let you know of that detail. Though it does look overall abit nicer than the cavalry boots.

f3pSlRj.jpg

V0y7xNj.jpg

Another old bug from the previous version: when I try to tab out of a Qara-Kethem town after talking with the guild master, I get a CTD with an error message about 'enemies killed'.

gorjak said:
Another old bug from the previous version: when I try to tab out of a Qara-Kethem town after talking with the guild master, I get a CTD with an error message about 'enemies killed'.

That can also happen randomly during sneaking into towns and getting caught. aswell as just wandering around in the town/castle/village scenes.

Comrade Temuzu said:
EDIT2.
CY8Ji.png

This happened during a battle, at the beginning of it I was teleported to the other side of the map. I'm guessing this scene was a custom battle scene and there was no spot for the player to spawn at.

That happens to me when I go into battles as enlisted, hasn't happened otherwise.

Right, I was enlisted aswell.

I have also noticed that there's a number of town/village scenes that dont seem to be working. Only one I can say for sure is the one I made for you ages ago. :lol: It's the one with the double bridge gatehouse, used as a village scene. When I went there to help villagers against raiders, the spawn points didn't work so we all just clumped together. Probably because I seem to have not remembered to place said entry points.
I've also noticed that many town scenes have that entry point error mentioned earlier.

Is there something that causes population in villages to suddenly drop unexpectedly? I had about 18,000 men living in Teng Tsu, but then it suddenly went down to about 3,000 one day, and just now it dropped to 432. It's costing me money  :sad:

Two more bugs persisting from 2.0: firstly, I still can't find the village elder in Imaz Ishtar villages, which is quite the problem since I'm working for them now. And secondly snowy villages are still creepy, lifeless wastelands with no village elder or even villagers as far as I can see, just 'Trainers' who spout 'surrender or die, make your choice' when you talk to them. I once found Ramun in one, but he was replaced by another Trainer the next time I went there. Screenshot from Itavat:

CM9an5c.jpg

To make the distant mountains work, I had to increase the "far clipping plane" which is basically the draw distance. In some engines this decreases the accuracy of the "depth buffer" which is a per-frame snapshot of the distance each pixel is from the camera. The water uses this to appear transparent, and to fade from deep water to shallow water, but with the depth buffer stretched between 0 and the new "far clipping plane", the water begins fading at much shallower depths than before.

Go to module.ini and lower the far_plane_distance value. This may make some of the mountains clip with the draw distance.

AIDS said:
Is there something that causes population in villages to suddenly drop unexpectedly? I had about 18,000 men living in Teng Tsu, but then it suddenly went down to about 3,000 one day, and just now it dropped to 432. It's costing me money  :sad:

There are a number of reasons why this could happen. If your villages are looted they lose a lot of people, if they aren't prosperous then people migrate into the town or castle, and if there isn't enough food people starve. I do need to tone down the effects though.

Jacobhinds said:
To make the distant mountains work, I had to increase the "far clipping plane" which is basically the draw distance. In some engines this decreases the accuracy of the "depth buffer" which is a per-frame snapshot of the distance each pixel is from the camera. The water uses this to appear transparent, and to fade from deep water to shallow water, but with the depth buffer stretched between 0 and the new "far clipping plane", the water begins fading at much shallower depths than before.

Go to module.ini and lower the far_plane_distance value. This may make some of the mountains clip with the draw distance.

Okay, I'll try things out to see if I can hit a nice compromise, then I will get back to you.

EDIT: 45000 seems like a good value

IRHjzm6.jpg

4NV6ZM0.jpg

Bit hesitant to go lower

Jacobhinds said:
There are a number of reasons why this could happen. If your villages are looted they lose a lot of people, if they aren't prosperous then people migrate into the town or castle, and if there isn't enough food people starve. I do need to tone down the effects though.
Ah, ok. Famine did kill about 2,000 before I build new farmland, the rest must have left because various Gathan lords have been trying to raid every single day since I got the fief. Maybe you could add a little notification, like the one you have for famine, "X amount of people in Teng Tsu have relocated due to poor living conditions" or something like that.

Could a minimum population be added? EG 50 for villages, 500 for castles, and 1000 for cities? It's a bit annoying having the capital city of sayazn behing inhabited by 1 person.

A few more bugs, this time mostly new ones which I don't remember encountering in 2.0:

1) Emperor Mahafa Almard's feet are missing when he's in his civilian outfit.

1C4r1et.jpg

2) Councilors don't know how to sit on chairs.

cCXSe2c.jpg

3) Even after you attempt a prison break, the prison guard himself remains neutral and thus invincible, making it impossible to complete the 'free a prisoner' quest unless you directly besiege and storm the town/castle the target's being held in.

abKQogx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom