Bug Reports and known issues v2.3

Users who are viewing this thread

There is a debug mode...I've never tried it though, it's under "Camp" Menu, then Options.

I'm having none of the above errors, except for the food, so maybe it's something to do with the Steam version of WB.

I believe the food's been reported before. It's been around since 2.2. I don't know if anybody knows the cause though.

- Eastern Haubergon displays a menu icon, but I have an invisible torso while wearing it
- In the battle menu (i.e. when you press backspace while you're on the field), the Action header is misplaced - it's on the combat map, not where it should be over the actions

Caba`drin said:
I'm stumped by the merchant dialog bug and the problem with getting the bandit lair quest. I'm not seeing any problem with the code...could I get a bit more information?

There aren't any errors at all? How far do you get when talking to the merchant in town, or to the lord for the bandit quest? (For instance, do you accept the quest from the lord and then it hangs, or is it before that? Does the merchant/trade screen show up at all?)

As for me:

No, no problems or error messages while Loading or Playing, is just that.
The Dialoge-Bar is there and i can click it all day but it leads nowhere. Game doesn't freeze or hang. I can simply exit the Menu by taking the other choices and go my way, but not Buy/Sell Menu that way.

I get to the: Good Day. What can I do for you?- part

Of the three choices there:
-Only the one initiating the Buying doesn't work.
The one: Tell me. What are people talking about theses days?
And : Good Bye.
Are ok.

Have not tested this with 2.2. So I cant tell if this has been there before!

And having NO trouble with the Lairs whatsoever! Such quests are received as always. Just ride around the immediate area till the lair is found and go hacking. 

Is Sunday, and i have some time to myself, will keep playing/testing.

I also noticed the small Palm-Trees in front of every Sarranid City, in in the Map View are Blocky or flat. Might be a texture/Mesh thing.

IICRASHII said:
I installed the new version 2.3 from few minutes ago and i get this error in the loading screen ( ERROR: Unable to open texture file Textures\itm_armor_early_transitional_blue.dds) so what that mean ?!! I'm using M&B warband v1.134 and no other mods.  :mad:

i have the same problem but im using 1.1 version  :???:

anussBK said:
IICRASHII said:
I installed the new version 2.3 from few minutes ago and i get this error in the loading screen ( ERROR: Unable to open texture file Textures\itm_armor_early_transitional_blue.dds) so what that mean ?!! I'm using M&B warband v1.134 and no other mods.  :mad:

i have the same problem but im using 1.1 version  :???:

I have the same problem, version 1.134, clean install of 2.3 mod pack (from torrent).

According to rgl_log file, attempt to load itm_armor_early_transitional_blue.dds is when the loading crashes. Looked for the file in Textures folder and it's missing. Any suggestions how to fix?

Updated: Apparently, itm_materials.brf contains several texture files (at least 4 related to early transitional armor), which cannot be found in "Textures" folder.

Despite these minor issues, I'm still very excited about trying this mod pack (So far I have played only Native). I want to thank people who have put so much effort in this!

I've spent quite some time figuring out the 2.3 crashes upon launch. You have to download ALL the itm_armor_early... bla bla.. From the expanded mod and place them in the correct folder (Modules/module name/Textures) in order to start the game. Eventualy, you can just rename some other files to match the required ones, but i'd rather not do it.

I've got it running just fine, up until city siege. After i sieged a city the game crashes. I've tried it three times (not one was pleasant, as those damn nords had 500 people inside) and it didn't matter whether or not i wanted the fief or not. Each time it crashed when i was asked if i want the town for myself.

So i'm stuck, because there are only nords left in my game, and Tihr is their last stand.

I'm using just the 2.3 Basic mod, on a freshly re-installed 1.134 (completely wiped out registry and all references, except for the single save file). The only thing that i DID was modify some .txt files so that those damn companions won't moan about people they don't like.

Can i fix the crash anyhow? I could just revert to vanilla, but the graphics and sound are just too good to just drop! (as in : awesome mod compilation)

Ahoy!

PS : Hello, it's my first post!

Got a missin' texture: "itm_armor_early_transitional_blue" or something like that.

I cannot launch the game :wink:

EDIT: I'd forgotten to said I'm usin the 2.3 trought the patch.
EDIT2: I made my own "itm_armor_early_transitional_blue", but apparently its all "itm_armor_early_xxxxx_xxxxxx"  wich are missing

Laryakan said:
Got a missin' texture: "itm_armor_early_transitional_blue" or something like that.

EDIT2: I made my own "itm_armor_early_transitional_blue", but apparently its all "itm_armor_early_xxxxx_xxxxxx"  wich are missing

Read the post above you. You have to download the expanded version of Floris, and copy all itm_armor_early..bla to modules/floris/textures.

Stworca said:
Laryakan said:

Read the post above you. You have to download the expanded version of Floris, and copy all itm_armor_early..bla to modules/floris/textures.

Rolf ... sorry

EDIT : Or just download the Narf's armour pack :wink: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,119352.0.html

Laryakan said:
Stworca said:
Laryakan said:

Rolf ... sorry

EDIT : Or just download the Narf's armour pack :wink: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,119352.0.html

Yes, but you have to rename all files from Narf pack, because they don't have the itm_armor prefix.

Major problems with transfering saves.
If u have ur own kingdom everything goes wierd ( says all ur lords are the rulers, says u are a merc working for ur own kingdom, faction relations all out of order etc etc).

Tomazz said:
Updated: Apparently, itm_materials.brf contains several texture files (at least 4 related to early transitional armor), which cannot be found in "Textures" folder.

As was correctly suggested by Stworca, missing files can be found in and copy-pasted from Floris expanded pack. It solves the problem.

I worked my way around the Siege crash, by using (heavens) Directx 7... Don't ask, i have no idea!

At any rate, i keep getting C++ runtime errors at random points. While it's not a big deal when i travel around, getting a runtime error after 5 stages battle is a buzzkill. Can anyone point me into right direction as to how to fix this?

Not sure if this is because of the Lazeras addon that i put in but maybe you should check this out.

Had a prisoner break-out request, went to Asugan (spelling?) Castle in the KK and when I went to the door to the dungeon it said "arena." Killed the guard, gave me no key, so I killed everyone yet no key, so I could not get into dungeon OR leave the castle. Only way to go was "door to castle" and when I went in I tried to leave and the door I came in from said "door to dungeon" and I couldn't leave the keep. Had to force quit lol.

SirElric said:
Using the Expanded Modpack V2.3 on a clean fully patched game I currently get stuck in the quest dialog when the quest-giver sends me away to get rid of a bandit lair. It says "leftclick to continue" as always, but there is no way to exit the screen. Worked in Expanded V2.2 though.

PS: the 2.2 to 2.3 upgrade patch did not work properly, there were lots errors during loading

Get the same error too.
When I finish a battle their is no choice for my companions to go thru the loot to upgrade. Only to let them take the remaining loot.
Receiving a lot of crashes when saving the game especially after battles.

NoKnight said:
I get to the: Good Day. What can I do for you?- part

Of the three choices there:
-Only the one initiating the Buying doesn't work.
Thanks for that detail. Looking into it more...still stumped...but this is quite helpful.

Stworca said:
I worked my way around the Siege crash, by using (heavens) Directx 7... Don't ask, i have no idea!

At any rate, i keep getting C++ runtime errors at random points. While it's not a big deal when i travel around, getting a runtime error after 5 stages battle is a buzzkill. Can anyone point me into right direction as to how to fix this?
Welcome to the forums! Have you checked out the FAQ--there are a number of recommended settings to prevent crashes (Load Textures On-Demand, etc, that might be helpful...and some specific steps to get Windows in line if you have a 32-bit OS). Since you are using Basic, those fixes really should do the trick, as there isn't any coding/scripting changes that could be messing things up.

Also, make sure you have all the recent updates to the C++ runtime library (run Windows Update and be sure there aren't any lingering C++ Runtime Library updates waiting to be installed).

LordBill said:
Not sure if this is because of the Lazeras addon that i put in but maybe you should check this out.

Had a prisoner break-out request, went to Asugan (spelling?) Castle in the KK and when I went to the door to the dungeon it said "arena." Killed the guard, gave me no key, so I killed everyone yet no key, so I could not get into dungeon OR leave the castle. Only way to go was "door to castle" and when I went in I tried to leave and the door I came in from said "door to dungeon" and I couldn't leave the keep. Had to force quit lol.
Is anyone who doesn't use Lazeras' addon (so just uses Expanded 2.3) having this issue with in-town doors being linked to the wrong place? With a new game and standard Expanded 2.3, I cannot duplicate this bug.

SirElric said:
Using the Expanded Modpack V2.3 on a clean fully patched game I currently get stuck in the quest dialog when the quest-giver sends me away to get rid of a bandit lair. It says "leftclick to continue" as always, but there is no way to exit the screen. Worked in Expanded V2.2 though.

PS: the 2.2 to 2.3 upgrade patch did not work properly, there were lots errors during loading
buzznfl62 said:
Get the same error too.
When I finish a battle their is no choice for my companions to go thru the loot to upgrade. Only to let them take the remaining loot.
Receiving a lot of crashes when saving the game especially after battles.
The "same error" bit is good and all to have confirmation, but be sure to glance through the thread...I need more details as to where this error crops up in the dialog? At the end? Somewhere before the end?

As for your crashes, see the FAQ. Particularly see the part about 32-bit OS and the fix linked there if you have 32-bit Windows.

Back
Top Bottom