Bug Reports and known issues v2.3

Users who are viewing this thread

One other bug: In taverns, I often see two copies of the same companion. So if Alayan is in the tavern, he likely has a second copy of himself standing in a different spot as well.

I noticed this does not happen at the start if you have all the companions start in the tavern, but later on it does. Not game-breaker or anything, but kinda... weird?

I'm still plagued by the issue where every village I capture with my founded kingdom only produces Swadian recruits. I would expect to be able to change this by speaking with my constable about changing my culture, but this doesn't help. Currently the Khergits have been entirely wiped out on my map and there's no way to recruit any. This is really starting to bug me as I'm forced to slowly adapt my army that was once a collection of many different cultures to one of entirely Swadian troops.

I understand that this feature is part of the custom commander mod, so it would be difficult to do away with it or give an option to disable it. But I would think that the option of changing your kingdom's culture should change the recruits you obtain, which would at least make this feature a little easier for me to deal with.

Also, bandit lairs. Steppe and tundra lairs are still not appearing for me. Is this due to an old save from 2.2?

I know this has already been reported, but adding, at the beginning of the game ALL companions are in the Praven's tavern on the ladder in a row and all other cities are left without companions, look at the image:
semttulozf.png
(sorry bad english)

I installed the new version 2.3 from few minutes ago and i get this error in the loading screen ( ERROR: Unable to open texture file Textures\itm_armor_early_transitional_blue.dds) so what that mean ?!! I'm using M&B warband v1.134 and no other mods.  :mad:

This is probably an 'Old save' + Patch issue but...
Has anyone else had the enemy lord 'on his lonesome', charge towards you at the start of a battle...?
Easy XP if you can catch him just right...
.. but anti-immersive! : :???: ?

This sounds like a great mod however I have been unable to play it as of yet though I still have things to test. When trying to start a game I can get all the way to the start of the bandit fight in Swadia. however when I attempt to get in a shot with the trusty starting crossbow I hear the shot fired and the game freezes. There an RPL(I believe) error but I can't view it as anything associated with MB is frozen.

Edit: nevermind all that I'm not sure what did it since I did everything at once but I delved a bit deeper. I'm thinking it might have been the 2 GB limit windows apparently puts on programs and possibly the single threading. going to start reverting the changes so I can pin down what did it and maybe get this moved to support in case someone has a similar problem to mine as I don't recall reading on anything quite like my problem hence why there were things I hadn't tried

Acidictinomen said:
I'm still plagued by the issue where every village I capture with my founded kingdom only produces Swadian recruits. I would expect to be able to change this by speaking with my constable about changing my culture, but this doesn't help. Currently the Khergits have been entirely wiped out on my map and there's no way to recruit any. This is really starting to bug me as I'm forced to slowly adapt my army that was once a collection of many different cultures to one of entirely Swadian troops.

I understand that this feature is part of the custom commander mod, so it would be difficult to do away with it or give an option to disable it. But I would think that the option of changing your kingdom's culture should change the recruits you obtain, which would at least make this feature a little easier for me to deal with.

I'm not that far into the game, but I would hate that, too. Are there any solutions to this (modding the text files or the like)?

Acidictinomen said:
Also, bandit lairs. Steppe and tundra lairs are still not appearing for me. Is this due to an old save from 2.2?

I started a new game with a clean 2.3 install and I just found a steppe bandit lair, so yes it might be due to an old save.

Hieronymous said:
This is probably an 'Old save' + Patch issue but...
Has anyone else had the enemy lord 'on his lonesome', charge towards you at the start of a battle...?
Easy XP if you can catch him just right...
.. but anti-immersive! : :???: ?
This is a native problem. Sometimes they do a suicide charge.

Floris Expanded Mod 2.3

Just started a new game on a new install of Mount and Blade.  So far the only thing I've noticed (literally just started the game)

Nizar still starts with a weapon he can't equip, so he doesn't fight until you buy him a weapon he can equip.  He starts with 7str but his sword now requires 8str to equip.

Hieronymous said:
Have pics of options menu error (pics 1&2) and materials error (pops up on load but then opened recent messages - pic 2):
Pic 1
Pic 2
It's a new menu so...
Probably my old save game too..?
Fairly certain it is NOT because of an old save, but due to a script bug that I've located. Fix sent in.

D_akbar said:
all prisoners regardless of rank sell for 50 gold like in native
no profit in selling them now
You don't get 50 gold/prisoner in Native if you use a ransom broker. If you sell to Ramun the Slave Trader, yes, you'll only get 50 gold a person.

You're using 2.3 and selling to a ransom broker? I can't see any error in the code here.
Kane the Flesheater said:
Damn it to hell!

I still have that banner bug :< Whichever banner I pick from the last page (and the last one on the second last page, haven't tried to check some other random ones) turns out to be that brown with someone in gold on it. I don't know what the hell is happening anymore, it was working in 2.1...

Expanded version, full download, new game.
It looks like this evaded fixing somehow. Bug tracked down, fix sent in.
No need to get quite so testy, though.

SynCaine said:
One other bug: In taverns, I often see two copies of the same companion. So if Alayan is in the tavern, he likely has a second copy of himself standing in a different spot as well.

I noticed this does not happen at the start if you have all the companions start in the tavern, but later on it does. Not game-breaker or anything, but kinda... weird?
Folks reporting this are really using 2.3?
I can't see a single problem in the code here...there should be no reason for this happening.

Acidictinomen said:
Thanks for the input. We'll see where we go with this.

Acidictinomen said:
The old game shouldn't be a problem, but it could be of course. It can take a few days before the bandit lairs and bandit party spawns are re-checked and refreshed. Have you given it that time? Double checking the code again, all appears to be in order...so those lairs should show up.

ProPlayer said:
I know this has already been reported, but adding, at the beginning of the game ALL companions are in the Praven's tavern on the ladder in a row and all other cities are left without companions, look at the image:
semttulozf.png
(sorry bad english)
This is an option that you chose at the beginning of the game to "Assemble all 17 standard companions at the tavern of the first encountered town?" You must have clicked "Yes", because if you said "No", this wouldn't have happened.

In time, they will spread out to other taverns, too.

Caba`drin said:
You don't get 50 gold/prisoner in Native if you use a ransom broker. If you sell to Ramun the Slave Trader, yes, you'll only get 50 gold a person.

You're using 2.3 and selling to a ransom broker? I can't see any error in the code here.[quote author=Kane the Flesheater

thanks for the reply , i will double check

another error - after asking king of nords for a job he offers to destroy sea raider lair ,but there is no text available and im stuck there , clicking anything anywhere (expect on his portrait) doesnt do anything so i was stuck in that dialogue with no choice but to alt+ctrl+del

sorry i forgot to get a pic of it though

@Caba`drin

Um, does "testy" has anything to do with "testing", or does it have a negative "feeling" to it, and it means something completely else? I'm asking because I'm not a native English speaker, and do not know that word.

If You meant what I think You meant: I just tried to rule out any further need of explaining the bug/tried to flesh out the background some more. It's just a leftover from my C&C\Stalker\M&B modding days, sorry if that irritates You :smile:

i have an installiation issue i got about 100 of the files downloaded and of those probably 40 the file couldnt be created so yeah thats no good
Expanded off of easy share

Caba`drin said:

You're using 2.3 and selling to a ransom broker? I can't see any error in the code here.

Works fine for me.

Caba`drin said:
SynCaine said:

Folks reporting this are really using 2.3?
I can't see a single problem in the code here...there should be no reason for this happening.

No clones seen so far.

Caba`drin said:
Acidictinomen said:
Thanks for the input. We'll see where we go with this.

Would be much appreciated!

Caba`drin said:
Acidictinomen said:
The old game shouldn't be a problem, but it could be of course. It can take a few days before the bandit lairs and bandit party spawns are re-checked and refreshed. Have you given it that time? Double checking the code again, all appears to be in order...so those lairs should show up.

I've seen both tundra and steppe now, seems to work for me.

Using Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.3; on a clean Installed 1.134 game.

I just noticed that I cannot use the City-Vendors (all of them) while in 3D (while walking tru the city)

I approach the Merchant, initiate the talking; I get the Dialog and when I click the dialog-bar to enter the sell/buy menu it does nothing.  :???:

But it works while in City-menu.    :neutral:

PS. The -Floris Expanded- File offered via Torrent, is still 2.2.
Should note so!

But it's great so far, and no single Crash...

Using the Expanded Modpack V2.3 on a clean fully patched game I currently get stuck in the quest dialog when the quest-giver sends me away to get rid of a bandit lair. It says "leftclick to continue" as always, but there is no way to exit the screen. Worked in Expanded V2.2 though.

PS: the 2.2 to 2.3 upgrade patch did not work properly, there were lots errors during loading

I'm stumped by the merchant dialog bug and the problem with getting the bandit lair quest. I'm not seeing any problem with the code...could I get a bit more information?

There aren't any errors at all? How far do you get when talking to the merchant in town, or to the lord for the bandit quest? (For instance, do you accept the quest from the lord and then it hangs, or is it before that? Does the merchant/trade screen show up at all?)

Kane the Flesheater said:
@Caba`drin

Um, does "testy" has anything to do with "testing", or does it have a negative "feeling" to it, and it means something completely else? I'm asking because I'm not a native English speaker, and do not know that word.
"Testy" in this sense refers to a tone/attitude that is short and irritated when a much more calm attitude tone would do. Don't worry to much about it...I suppose that word isn't often used this way, but I was attempting to be non-confrontational, as is my way.

Fresh install of 2.3 - did not get any errors during primary loading (I think).

Hopefully I won't repeat any bugs already reported, but I only have a few so far.

- Ironflesh skill clips with "skills" header because foraging is now in the list (pretty sure this was noted)
- When you zoom into Sarranid cities, the trees that are part of the city model appear very blocky
- Food is strangely gray. It just bugs me  :neutral:

Other than that I'm very much looking forward to get back into this mod. Need to moderate between this, PoP, and school  :razz:

Edit: Okay, I'll just edit this post until another post comes up, since I'm playing right now.

- Barbary fur coat is missing its legs! My feet are acting independently!
- Some two-handed weapons clip through armors (might not be anything you can do about that though)

First, congrats for this awesome mod pack + your own code.

What I have:

Steam M&B Warband 1.134

I first played 30hrs on vanilla Native. Then I choose to try out this mod, so I downloaded the torrent file plus the changed files needed to use a Native savegame. I am a vassal of the Swardians

The first thing that happened is that a weird faction was defeated ({1}kingdoms end) and now the "Factions" Notes has an entry (last one) for the "{1}kingdoms end faction"
, saying that the {1}kingdoms end has been defeated. This probably has some to do with the note "I noticed that the kingdom names are a little shifted in order".

My guess is that somewhere the list of factions is assumed as constant and its not, or some kind of  "index array out of bounds" error.

The faction report also display some faction naming problem: the top header displays "Your sovereign", "swadians".... but the colors are correctly aligned with the first column, being "Your sovereing" red as is the first line's column, which has "Kingdom of Swadia". (what's the best way to take a screenshot?)

My guess here is that there two lists, one for short name and other for full name... and in one of them there is a incorrect entry, "Your sovereing".

Other thing is the Troop tree Viewer also get some shifting. The Swardian is not on the list but the "kingdoms end" is. Soo the swardian troop tree is on the "Vaegirs" item, the vaegirs on Khanate and so on. (Sarranid on kingdoms end, and the rest is correct)

I also have the problem SirElric described. And my config is different, which may or may not help (vanilla native savegame VS v2.2->v2.3 patched)

SirElric said:
Using the Expanded Modpack V2.3 on a clean fully patched game I currently get stuck in the quest dialog when the quest-giver sends me away to get rid of a bandit lair. It says "leftclick to continue" as always, but there is no way to exit the screen. Worked in Expanded V2.2 though.

PS: the 2.2 to 2.3 upgrade patch did not work properly, there were lots errors during loading

And finally, I also got pale-colored food items. Dunno if that is really a problem.

I've played just a bit, and so far everything (except the little bugs above) is improved. Just AWESOME!

I don't know how modding works, but I am a programmer, so if there a debug mode or something that I can test here to help find the solution, just tell me some directions.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom