Bug Reports and known issues v2.2 and earlier

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have come with a pain in my heart.

I use the 2.2 version. When I load it, there pops up error, that it cannot find the dragon shield textures or smth. later when loading continues, it just stops at the textures, and my computer is becoming very laggy, and then it shows RGL error, about insufficent video memory, or directx drive or something. WHY??? WHYYYYY? my computer is only two years old, it has 4 gb of ram, 2.4 ghz dual core, and Geforce 9500 video card with 1 gb memory, what is wrong? maybe the download is corrupted?

myname said:
WhiteRice said:
myname said:
samlenaik said:
Hi,

Still the same problem with the 2.2 version with the Bandit's lair. Mountain bandit's lair is still invisible and quest is impossible. Could you fix it in the next version ? any solution to fix this bug now ?

I noticed, too, that so far I haven't found a single bandit lair. I searched extensively even with CTRL-T on, but couldn't find one...

I thing you need to use tracking and follow a bandit trail to the forest and the lair will spawn.

Hmm, are you sure? Have you found bandit lairs in 2.2?

I spent 40 days looking for the forest bandit's lair without any one in my party having any tracking skills. Then I added Klethi who had two points in tracking. The key is to not chase the bandits, but track them from a distance until they go into a forest. I followed the tracks to the edge of a forest and found the lair.

Im using clean 2.2 expanded one, with Load textures on demand option

and this shows when loading textures (no such errors appeared in the 2.1 version)

http://img27.imageshack.us/i/missingtexturep.png/

i haven't started a game to check for this item, so i have no idea if this has problems, but just so you know

Could I, and my Mercenary Ritters, have a texture for our Sallet Helms please!
We all love them, but they look like grey plastic - not very :cool: TY!

@SilentK - Known bug - not game breaker! Keep looking tho..:smile:

hmm wierd it didnt happen

i know its no game breaking, just a simple texture afterall, but i like the dragon set (from 2.1) and i would really like to have it (as much of it as possible)  :grin:

I'm using basic pack. It went well, but the banners became blank

untitled.700x0.jpg

How can I fix that?

my screen was also getting stuckt at loading textures, but soon after i figure out it could turn to normal by doing "load textures on demand", it was solved. But still getting WARNING: dragon_shield_texture can not be found at loading screen, though i installed a clean one. Using Windows 7 x86 ultimate.

So what's wrong keeping this **** spamming ?

by the way so many crashes keeping on...

Ok, not all the things I'm going to write about here are 'bugs' as such but I'll go ahead anyway. Also, I'm not sure if they're already known issues, issues with the actual game (not the mod pack), or anything like that. I'm using M&B:W 1.134 with the Floris Mod Pack Expanded 2.2.

- In battles, the minimap disappears when I bring up the troop commands menu, most of the time. This didn't happen in 2.1 so I think it's 2.2 specific.

- In battles, the troop commands menu sometimes stays open after I give a command, sometimes. Probably related to the above problem.

- In battles, the enemy seems to overprioritise me, e.g. I might position my army somewhere and then move 100m away, and a great deal of arrows are directed at me instead of my 50 man army.

- In the arena/tournaments, sometimes multiple enemies disregard one another and just beeline to me, basically teaming up on me while ignoring each other. This one's very frustrating. It's especially silly when an archer is trying to hit me across the map instead of going for the guy 10m away with his back to him.

- Last night I was ordered by my marshal to get some cattle. I returned with cattle and he was besieging a city. The quest was completed but I couldn't get the reward because he was assaulting the walls. When he took the city, the quest was cancelled despite being completed, and I got no reward except a bit of exp.

- When a hero is set to auto-upgrade their shield/polearm, and they are mounted, they sometimes upgrade to a shield/polearm which can't be used on horseback. Not really a bug, but it has forced me to upgrade weapons manually now.

- In tournaments, I've noticed that mounted enemies and allies tend to get stuck on walls a great deal.

- I also get the dragon_shield_texture text on startup. Not a big deal for me.

- I was given a quest to acquire some Khergit prisoners, but I checked the upgrade tree and didn't see them anywhere. Unfortunately I don't remember what they were called... something like 'abicinuud'...

- I get a huge fps drop (from 120fps constant to 3fps or so) at the initial clash of some 80 man + battles. All settings maxed 1680res except no AA, Windows 7 64bit, i7 920 2.66ghz, HD5870 1gb, 6gb ddr3 ram. Defragged game folder and clean computer. Probably the wrong spot to post this but if it is, just ignore it.

That's about all that I can think of.

whoa, this packaging needs an URGENT hot fix, collapsing every minute which means can not be played unfortunately.

So if i only play with the basic mod package, will all these ruining errors stop ever ? Pls inform.

boba said:
whoa, this packaging needs an URGENT hot fix, collapsing every minute which means can not be played unfortunately.

So if i only play with the basic mod package, will all these ruining errors stop ever ? Pls inform.

Crashes are due to hugeness of mod. Nothing to fix on our side. Your computer runs out of memory.

Read my sig to fix (Read the faq). :grin:

but what about that loading crash? as i said my computer is good, and pretty new. It says always ''out of video memory'' of something when the RGL error pops out. I can't understand, i had no crashes playing a bit earlier version of this mod with full graphics and battle size around 350, but now it crashes on the loading screen.

WhiteRice said:
myname said:
WhiteRice said:
myname said:
samlenaik said:
Hi,

Still the same problem with the 2.2 version with the Bandit's lair. Mountain bandit's lair is still invisible and quest is impossible. Could you fix it in the next version ? any solution to fix this bug now ?

I noticed, too, that so far I haven't found a single bandit lair. I searched extensively even with CTRL-T on, but couldn't find one...

I thing you need to use tracking and follow a bandit trail to the forest and the lair will spawn.

Hmm, are you sure? Have you found bandit lairs in 2.2?

I spent 40 days looking for the forest bandit's lair without any one in my party having any tracking skills. Then I added Klethi who had two points in tracking. The key is to not chase the bandits, but track them from a distance until they go into a forest. I followed the tracks to the edge of a forest and found the lair.

There's no problem for the forest bandit's lair near Suno but NOT for the toundra's bandit lair around Rivacheg and kundan who's still missing

Apologies if this has already been reported, or if its just a problem with my install.

When I initially load the game itself, and its processing the init and so forth, I get an error about unable to find dragon_shield_texture.

warband 1.134 and floris 2.2

So does anyone else have the grey items issue?  I've reverted back to 2.1 due to this issue.  I posted it earlier as well.  Anybody know what the root cause of it is?

-Basically all the goods in every town are grey, grapes are grey, flax is grey, everything is grey.

Arkitektbmw said:
So does anyone else have the grey items issue?  I've reverted back to 2.1 due to this issue.  I posted it earlier as well.  Anybody know what the root cause of it is?

-Basically all the goods in every town are grey, grapes are grey, flax is grey, everything is grey.

Yep, I can't believe I forgot this! All 'goods' items are grey, like desaturated. Really weird.

Selecting "who will join you in this battle" the scroll bar stops short of the final entry so it is unreadable, and there are a bunch of troop types missing. it seems that if you have more than X amount of different types of troops you cannot select them all. I have been unable to even fill ex. 50 slots even though i have 100 troops because they arent on the screen or scrollable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom