Bug Reports and known issues v2.2 and earlier

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uldisz said:
Another one:

"Your soldiers patrolling Praven has been defeated near Suno". Just got this message. But my kingdom is on the other side of map, I didn't had any troops there, Praven and Suno still is Swadian.
I imagine that's a part of the patrol wages bug, pointed out earlier. If you look under your "weekly wages" you'll see you're paying a lot of upkeeps for patrol units. This is a bug, which will soon get a hotfix hopefully.

I think I lost a Veluca (or was it Jelkala) Patrol and it was no longer on my wage list. I only cough up around 600 denars total for all the bug patrols and I'm earning several 1000's so I'm OK. Hopefully, until the hotfix(?) is out, these patrols will slowly weaken and die off?

Hieronymous said:
I think I lost a Veluca (or was it Jelkala) Patrol and it was no longer on my wage list. I only cough up around 600 denars total for all the bug patrols and I'm earning several 1000's so I'm OK. Hopefully, until the hotfix(?) is out, these patrols will slowly weaken and die off?

This is true. New patrols should correctly be assigned and not taken from the player's pay roll. So, this bug shouldn't be showing itself in new games, just continued savegames.

Hey,

just installed this mod and all banners+personal colors are just white..ive seen some people have the same error in here and its supposed to be fixed.
Not for me i guess :grin:

I used the basic 2.2 on my clean 1.134 version and followed the readme´s closely.
After getting in the game, my recent log shows me a bunch of error messages related to

cannot find std_banners_c,d,e,g,Kingdom and bandits
also something about a dragonshileld..

Sry when i beat on a dead horse here, but ive found no way to fix this myself.

thx

Also on the topic of patrols I have one with the literal name "Transfer to happy about". I think it was originally a Sargoth patrol that I willingly hired, but when I tried to disband it later it got all buggy and will not disband.
Untitled-3.png

I'm continuing a 2.1 savegame in 2.2 and luckily the Patrol (or is it?.. simply listed next, just under patrols) "Wages for Transfer to not at all happy about" (slightly different - and more ominous  :???:) is only costing me 18 denars :smile: ?? Who are these interlopers? .. these "Not at all happy abouts" ? I want shot of them surely..

Also, can't find any Claimants, and the Traveler has forgotten that I've met them all and is keeping schtum :sad: Just been round all cities halls and not one...

Still experiencing occasional glitches with the mini-map and a few of the Female merc's (definitely I3 Nurse) look glow-in-the-dark  :shock:

Also:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2330: Invalid Party ID: -1; LINE NO: 30:
At Simple trigger trigger no: 130.
At Simple trigger trigger no: 130.

Appeared whilst galloping across map..
.. what's a trigger trigger... :???: sounds dangerous.. or about to be..?

I have encountered a bug in my game.

I am using 1.34 Warband and 2.2 Expanded Version of the mod.  I am playing a new game and when I went to the tavern in Curaw, I encountered the troop I2 Dressed Up Woman.  Also in the tavern was the troop I4 Mercenary Doppelsoldner.  I spoke to I2 Dressed up Woman first and hired all 4 of them.  In my party screen I received 4 I4 Mercenary Doppelsoldners instead.  I went back to the tavern and the I2 Dressed Up Woman is still there, and I can continuously hire her and receive I4 Mercenary Doppelsoldners.  I actually managed to fill an entire army this way while I was testing it.

Edit:  I actually have continued looking at this and while in most taverns I see a male and female mercenary unit, when I hire either of them I only receive the male unit.  However I always can keep speaking to the female mercenary and hiring more male mercenaries, even if I leave the tavern and come back.

Deis said:
...snip...
Edit:  I actually have continued looking at this and while in most taverns I see a male and female mercenary unit, when I hire either of them I only receive the male unit.  However I always can keep speaking to the female mercenary and hiring more male mercenaries, even if I leave the tavern and come back.
Thanks for the great report.
Bug found. Squashed.

Hi,

Still the same problem with the 2.2 version with the Bandit's lair. Mountain bandit's lair is still invisible and quest is impossible. Could you fix it in the next version ? any solution to fix this bug now ?

samlenaik said:
Hi,

Still the same problem with the 2.2 version with the Bandit's lair. Mountain bandit's lair is still invisible and quest is impossible. Could you fix it in the next version ? any solution to fix this bug now ?

I noticed, too, that so far I haven't found a single bandit lair. I searched extensively even with CTRL-T on, but couldn't find one...

Caba`drin said:
Hornstrom said:
I have also encounterd the red error text bug when talking to a lord someone mention but thougt i could give a little context. The error message started appering after I joined the Nords. It only happens after I have been in battle with a enemy nation. The print out reads:

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2190: Invalid Faction ID: 4194305; Line NO: 20:
At script: get_relevant_comment_for_log_entry.

I'm running version 2.1 of Floris and Warband through steam so should be latest.
Thanks for the excellent bug report.

I believe...believe...that we've located and repaired this bug in 2.2, but it may only fix itself over time or with a new game as the erroneous value may be stuck in the savegame.

imgran said:
I checked Recent Messages in Notes after the log vanished and I saw a wall of error messages that stretched up to the top of the window and beyond, all mirroring the one in Hornstrom's bug report. 

Anyone notice that when you had a LOT of lords, like 30 or 40, and you do something that affects their happiness and there's a bit of a lag to the report showing up in the scrolling text log and even then it starts to fade as it shows up?  I strongly suspect that's what happened here, only times like 10.

Fix that little "cosmetic" thing Honrstrom is talking about and the other problem goes away, I 100% promise.
Thanks for the other great report and attempts to help trouble-shoot! (And thanks for reading the thread!)
Are you using 2.2? With a new game? (If yes to both, then we definitely haven't found the full source of the bug)

After upgrading to 2.2 the errormessage remained in my 2.1 saved game. I started a new game however and no new error messages even after joining a faction. Great work repairing the bug!

Duh said:
Its fixed, but you still need the hotfix.

It will be uploaded soon.

Just a question was this a reply to the person with the dragonshileld problem? If so what does this error do, and is it ok to play a game if you are getting that error?

The weirdest bug just hit me like lightning from a clear sky. It's so unbelievably awesome that I didn't know whether to report it or not. I had just started a new character (something I always do when a new version of a mod comes out), and this also was over a clean Warband installation.

I didn't even have time to look up my first roaming band of Looters to kill until a message popped up saying I had become king of Swadia. At first I thought "meh" and that it would resolve itself upon closing the message window. But sure enough. I got to name my kingdom, appoint a minister and everything! The only town in the Swadian kingdom that stayed "Swadian" was Praven.

Has this happened to someone else at all? Because I think it's just weird.

Oh, and I got the dragon_shield red text error as well. :smile:

myname said:
samlenaik said:
Hi,

I noticed, too, that so far I haven't found a single bandit lair. I searched extensively even with CTRL-T on, but couldn't find one...

I thing you need to use tracking and follow a bandit trail to the forest and the lair will spawn.

1. every tavern has dressed up women and doppelsoldner in it. Is this a bug or intended? not a big deal, but somehow expect more variety here.
2.  radeon 4850 - having some texture issues between command screens like party and the overhead map, only ever happened in this mod. i go to party, play around, go back to map, and textures are ripping everywhere.
3. way to many Timid horses imho.
4. when i encounter someone, a lord, or a village leader, as the screen loads there is a brief lag and the 3d render of the person i previously talked to appears before bouncing to the proper 3d model. not a big deal, but...odd.
5. whites are mega overbright on the mercenaries, the doppelsoldner looked like a glowing white light with a head and a 2 handed sword. I turned HDR to low and this helped, but hurt my overall HDR. indeed all the whites seemed overbright with HDR on high, even the clouds. the odd thing is this has never happened to me in vanilla or any other previous mod. dont know if this is a setting or a bug.

this mod is great. I hope the designers of warbands look to this mod and all the great features for the future games and patches they make. I cant even imagine going back to normal warbands after this. thanks so much for the hard work!

:smile:

I've also encountered a bug where the preferences option on the camp menu is empty, though i think that is the text refreshment mod's problem.

i have found a way to "disband" all the patrols that have suddenly appeared on the payroll. If you visit your constable, and select the "i wish to disband a patrol", the patrol will simply stop moving, and will be renamed to "transfer to all happy about", however, if you select the option that says "tell patrol to return to center" or something similar, and send all the extra patrols to a city that isn't yours, the patrols will resume moving and will head to the city you have selected, as well as being renamed to "transfer to (selected city)".

Though i haven't reached another payday yet, I'm pretty sure that the patrol will be removed from your payroll after they've reached the selected city because i can no longer see them as an option when i talk to my constable about disbanding a patrol.

On another note, i've been getting a bug where the screen would freeze, but if i resize my window (im playing in windowed mode), then it'll unfreeze. but sometimes this would lead to a black screen where id be forced to exit the game.

EDIT: i've also been getting the bug where if i hired a group of women mercenaries from a tavern, id get the male ones instead, and id also be able to continually hire the same mercenaries

There're lots of blank banner when I started a new character. It's kinda annoying. How can I fix that?

I currently have the bright green native flora decals instead of Polished Landscapes flora, the trees are fine it's just the grass that doesn't match the ground textures from PL.

Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

WhiteRice said:
myname said:
samlenaik said:
Hi,

I thing you need to use tracking and follow a bandit trail to the forest and the lair will spawn.

Hmm, are you sure? Have you found bandit lairs in 2.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom