Bug report and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

@Ambrush

An invading power might well accept local traitors as vassals. Divide et impera principle.The Portuguese were actually quite good at it. Congo and so on. But it`s not good game-play wise as implemented in Warband, you´re right abt. that.

But with so many factions we need less wars to have time to build up economy and relations. Perhaps a cool-down period so we`re not drawn into a war against someone we peaced out with yesterday. Alliance mechanics are the problem i suspect.

Rgds, Oldtimer

I am not sure how but I managed to hire a lord as my companion. I think I was freeing captured lords when this bloke decided to stay with me. I am not if it's bug or a feature  :lol:

BDCE01F46525D432BA83B7FB6372D2105DB85285

D5BEFC526168A09E50ED3166B7615151C3F08EC8

1024x768.resizedimage

Hi all,

after playing this excellent mod for something like 200-250 hrs I have some remarks:

- exiling happens way, way too often as also observed by others. It is really bad for immersion.

- full alliances feature results in a couple of factions balloning quickly and becoming dominant within something like 200-250 game days.
Some mods do not have this feature to increase immersion and discourage power-gaming. I suggest allowing defensive alliances only.

- it should not be possible to join fights between countries if neutral. Or at least give negative rep with the faction player fights against. Do it often enough and all parties of annoyed countries will hunt the player until he joins a country. And no missions, businesses in annoyed territory either, i e no admission to cities and castles. Villages might be OK.

- if player terminates a merc contract hesheit seems to loose not only basic +rep gotten on joining but also all +rep earned by missions and battles. IMO this is wrong.

- Lan Xang and Shan need more troop classes. If they had such historically ofc.

- Portuguese and Spanish might need more diverse cav. I miss jinetes and iberian light cav but OTOH I don`t know if they used those in S-E Asia historically or maybe recruited local substitutes.

- some specialized dealers met in taverns need more diversified stock and item qualities. Bow and firearm merchants come to mind. Horse merchant only has spirited mounts which frankly are not all that useful.

- equipment pricing, dam, protection, weight and strength requirements need reworking for consistency and balance. The extremely powerful tuned flintlock pistol is for all purposes a gift. Just one example. Though other items are ridiculously overpriced more often than not. Still, good money sinks to be sure.

- no matchlocks on horseback. BTW, in 1535 wheellocks were recently invented so perhaps not all that often seen in S-E Asia.
OTOH doglock, english lock and different snaphaunces came soon after so for more fun gameplay they may well be included too. The french flintlock was invented in 1610, so should not appear at all.

- smooth-bore accuracy is too high. But rifles are possible, oldest known rifle is dated 1497 IIRC. They should be very expensive and slow to load.

- no tournament joining for commoners until they reach a min rep threshold. And/or have some commoner disciplines as staff fighting, unarmed, diverse marksmanships, throwing.

That`s all from me atm. And yes, I like a very slow game.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Mosin-Nagant said:
Make sure to check if he is a copy or the real guy.

May be he is a clone, I am not sure. My companion is changing his title. Firstly he was Captain, then Le and now Phan. Like he is changing allegence...

Another thing - When I try to build a improvement to my fort which I constructed mtself, the construction won't complete. It always says there is one day left.

Also I got some loans from distant towns in the north. And sometimes when I go to various towns and visit the money landers I get random sums between 500 - 4000 gold. I don't have any enterprise or land. Not like I am complaining  :lol: but I am curious how this thing works.

Bug report: Money lenders negative owned land.

In my game there are 3 towns that the money lenders show a negative land owned and negative assets. It shows up that was on the financial report, I think the town of Loveuk shows -29 acres and around -5000 in assets. Going to that town's money lender will take that money from you but does not show the negative acres owned. I tried to get rid of the negative acres in one town which did take it down to 0 on the financial report, ~11 acres shown on the money lender screen but then it went back to negative after a few days.

Oh and great mod by the way, I'm really enjoying it.

Ok serious comment now...Kota Kuala Kedah fort's terrain code is messed up, th fort is covered in hills and i'm not sure but i think this happened since the update...unlucky for me I can't take the fort or rescue a lord to complete a mission.

peenerz said:
I think it would be cool to see China as a faction as well, I noticed the map has it blank where China is
Having China as a faction doesnt go well with the ideal of this mod. However, they should act as an invading force and it's your duty to beat their ass just like real life.

Ok so there's a bug (I think) and basically the Portuguese Colony destroyed the Malays but after 100 days none of their nobles have defected, even when some have -50 relation already. The bug part is that none of them have ever spawned again, like you know those annoying single lord parties which still raid villages? None of them have appeared ever

Another bug, Mesh for Brigantine also doesn't work (mesh not found), I talked to one and it showed a grey square with a darker X on it where the face is suppose to be

And another: When I rescue prisoners I also have to knock out my own companions as well o_O It's not too bad, I just have to unequipped all their stuff before I try to rescue one but It gets a little annoying

I think that mercenaries such as Spanish Musketeers and Japanese Mercenaries shouldnt really go into random faction's troop trees. Rather, I think it would be cool to have a separate option in towns to recruit mercenaries from, or just have them for hire in taverns, or something else.

I'd love to see Higher level Portuguese pikemen too, because the Conquistadors are almost never guaranteed a pike :sad: I also think pikes are a little OP at the moment, because they usually kill people before they can even reach them.

Carbines should be a little more accurate, like 80, because it's not as short as a pistol, rather more akin to the musket than a pistol in terms of length.

What would be so cool is to be able to make your own faction's troops, like select their equipment and stuff (but make limits on each level of soldiers so a recruit can't have 60 body armor or other high level items). Well I haven't actually made my own kingdom yet But I assume that this mod doesn't have that, as I never heard anyone talk about them.

I also can't find any woman's clothing anywhere, like the clothes some of the noble ladies wear

Two questions: I saw an elephant on the pictures of the mod, but I can't seem to find an elephant anywhere :sad:
Also, Is there any way to recruit troops from a destroyed faction?

Thanks, I got really into this mod

Yeah It would be cool to have a Chinese invasion, like in Perisno after around 100 days another faction suddenly appears and invades

Just had a weird bug which ruined my game.

So my character married a woman, and I used the mod option from the dialogue to put her in my warband. So far, so good.

Then, I rebelled against my king and formed my own country, based in Vientiane, which was my capital. I set up my wife as my minister.

I may have rebelled too soon, as a bit later my former king, the Mac dynasty, comes calling with 600 or so men. I lose the city, my wife gets knocked unconscious in the battle, and I am thrown in the dungeon.

I escape, and quickly gather forces from my castles, and I retake the city. My wife is nowhere to be found. My chancellor, financial, and military advisers are still there.

I do a companion look up and it says she is in Da Nang. I go to Da Nang and she is there, back in her original dress, not the armor I gave her. She is in the great hall right in front of the throne. Attempting to speak with her brings up a dialogue that goes like her saying something like "If you do not surrender I will attack" and then I reply "I am not afraid of you" (or something like that, not a normal dialogue for this part of the game). She stays there forever. She is still shown as my wife in the game, but she is neither my minister or my companion, and I cannot appoint anyone else to the minister role, and so therefore cannot appoint new nobles except when I conquer a new fief. I also cannot remarry, though there is no gameplay reason why I would need to do that.

As a result, my nobles all hate me, and I had to quit my game - far too soon.

Why she would go to Da Nang of all places is beyond me, as she was Mac dynasty and I met her in Don Kinh. Da Nang belonged to Le dynasty.

I don't know if this is a bug with the "wife as companion" mod, or a bug with the "minister in city that has been conquered and then retaken" event that I see some other posts of this forum relating to. It's a damn shame though, and now after putting 20+ hours into the mod I have to start from scratch and that makes me a sad panda. The game is so slow to get to where I was, ready to form a kingdom.

Anyway, it's too late to actually help me, but I wanted to see if anyone had a similar problem to this (I know other mods allow the wife to be a companion and a minister as well) as if I know precisely what caused it I can avoid it in the future.

Thanks!

-Marcus

Hello Shopperkimpy Mod developpers and everyone,I'm one who play this mod.I try hard to suggest my opinion about Mod in Suvanarbhumi Mahayuth facebook fanpage however,little is care or interest in my suggestions.Now I just see Suvanarbhumi Mahayuth page in Taleworlds forum.That's great,more people will know much more about this Mod.I think my suggestion would have more people interest than I post in facebook fanpage.The following topics are my suggestion that i need you to add in next version develop Mod.
    1.Add nationality system into a choice when create new character.Such as if I choose to born to be a Lanna people I will get a Lanna tattoo skin stick with my base skin ,or if i choose to born to be a Portuguese I got a some kinds of shorts or Portuguese uniforms.Because I feel jealous bot very much. :shifty:
    2.Add more equipment for custom units and can change their name.If you can make me to select equipment from Find Item Cheat and specify limit of unit to use item from their Strengh skill,its will very excellent.
    3.Fix ladies/lords faces.Most of Ladies have the same face and some of lords have the same face too such as Okya Srisurin-Okya Sannapa and more lords in Annam and Tonkin.Some ladies/lords have face not ralate with their age.Its look not important but I think it have an effect when played.
    4.Add more Musics. Modules/Suvanarbhumi Mahayuth 1.1 Standard Edition/Music/Burma and the other songs are very enjoyable but it doesn't play in 1.15,why?
    At last,I'm Thai and sorry for my mistake grammar.If my suggestions are in your interesting or useful for develop Mod,please reply me in this topic or in my facebook: Saggy Atiwat ,I would greatly appreciate. :grin:
    Thank you for this GREAT mod!!!

Thank you for the suggestions guy.

I have read all the comments, suggestion and gathered it to discuss with our team.
anyway, i'm sorry that i didn't reply all of the comments since my English isn't good enough.

:facepalm:

Hi guys, ladies

Awesome mod. I discovered it by chance in the Steam workshop and it has been one of the best surprises of the last times. Congratulations to the designers and thank you for the great work. I'll give you the bugs I have become aware of and then some feedback about the game:

1. Treasure hunting. Super bugged. I find the spot, but when I try to dig it the only thing that happened is a very weird conversation with myself. No options available. The mission cannot be finished and stays in the mission log.

2. Your lair. First of all you can recruit the captain to your party, and keep him like a companion, but who cannot level up (he can, but you cannot level up statistics, abilities, etc). You cannot "give him back" to the fort, and then the first trooper type garrisoned becomes "sort of" the new captain, and you cannot call them back to your party, which can be very annoying.
Second, you cannot build improvements to the forts: you pay the price, wait the time, and it gets stalled forever on the verge of construction (it never gets constructed, and always is 1 day away from construction).
Third, if you go to the marketplace options there are none, but if you go to the yard you can actually do commerce with the vendors. If there are vendors they should be accessed from the fort main screen like any other.
Fourth, the troops you station in the fort are for free, and the prisoners you keep there never escape. So you can accumulate an indefinite ammount of top tier troops and prisoners for free; which is kind of a cheating, because it allows you to amass a huge top quality army while still making a lot of money.
Fifth you can never access any chest, neither your counselors, in the fort, which make no sense since you can consult them in any other of your land possessions. They should be available here too.

3. Courtship issues. If you start visiting a lady, and you are not a lord of a faction, at a certain point the lady's father wants to set her with another noble and she says you should stop visiting, and there's nothing you can do. You cannot elope with her, cannot convince his father, and cannot challenge the noble. No matter how good is your relation with the characters (45 with the lady, 61 with the father in one of my games). The lady do not ask you to visit her any more, and if you actually do that she always repeat the same text, which does not allow you to elope. Her father and the new suitor do not have any special options whatsoever. After some time she actually gets married to the new suitor. The time and effort invested in the courtship is pretty high (and quite annoying actually), so throwing all out the window because of that is very frustrating.

4. Inventory issues. Sometimes the last items of your inventory will dissapear. Just vanish. Poof. I noticed it only affects the last two or three lines of your equipment. I normally avoid that by keeping all my items as high as possible in the inventory, but can still be an annoying bug.

5. Money lenders. Totally bugged. Even if I do not purchase any land or borrow money there are apparently random debts and revenues at different cities. Check your financial reports and there you will find that you owe money in some cities, but you have money available in some others. For no reason. This situation does not change if you buy some land or borrow some money, I've checked it. Also kind of a cheat to make money out of the blue by checking the money lenders of the cities where you have available funds...

6. Terrain modding issues. Some terrain is not very well defined. For example if I fall in the river passing in the middle of Ligor (or Ayutthaya, I cannot remember which one now) I cannot climb back (the terrain is too steep?). The worst I have found is the fortress of Kota Kuala, which is not a fortress: It is a wall in the side of a mountain, but inside there is nothing but sand dunes and rocky needles. You can find the roof of an almost completely buried house, but you cannot access any door or entrance.

7. Blacksmiths I can build blacksmiths in cities, but my troops and I run out of ammo. I am not sure if this is a bug. Do they really work?

8. Text bugs. There are a lot. I cannot put all of them here. For example some faction leaders say the players name when referring to claimants. Few dialogs are correctly expressed in gender when playing with a female, etc.

Now lets go into my personal feedback. Unless the bugs, which are spotted problems, this is my personal opinion, and is not suppossed to mean nothing else. Just ideas for the developpers consideration.

A. Gunpowder weapons. Gunpowder weapons are dramatically expensive and have huge reliability, range and accuracy. The price is historical, because those weapons were state-of-the-art military technology (european matchlock) or craftsmanship (tanegashima teppo) for the time, and were REAAALLY expensive. But historically there were highly inaccurate at medium ranges (totally useless at long ranges), and quite unreliable. This is why military tactics where conceived around massed volleys at short to medium distances, where the sheer number of bullets will cause moderate casualty rates.
I would nevertheless not change any of this in the mod. Because the price will make it hard for the player to equip companions with top gear, and this is one of the objectives. And the accuracy make the mod very fun to play! And this: THIS, MY FRIENDS, is what all that is about. Having fun playing the game. Besides it helps with the immersion, since it provides the feeling of the superiority of the gunpowder weapons at the time. M&B rules cannot achieve morale impact, that was a HUGE side effect for gunfire at the time, so this helps balancing it all.

B. Portuguese superiority. This is also an historical fact. Portuguese superior technology and military tactics at the time made Portugal a major World Power. And we have to consider that the game strips the portuguese from their bigger assets: naval superior technology and expertise, and overwhelmingly superior artillery firepower. Aside form that, it is absolutely historical that the spanish perfected pike-and-shot tactics dominated the XVI Century battlefields (yeah: it's a ***** to endure portuguese firepower until you face it's plated infantry. Clever tactic, isn't it?). Besides, I found only logical that the portuguese cannot field large numbers of cavalry, since it would have been very complicated and expensive to carry the horses and able riders from different operational theatres. Please consider SE Asia was a God forsaken, far, far away land from a XVI Century european point of view.
What all that mean is that you can "go for the easy way" and play the portuguese, or look for a more challenging game playing with khmer or laotian troops. Depends on what do you want, or are skilled enough, to do. I didn't hear a lot of complaint, but the Ming troops are pretty OP too: well plated, very good abilities and all around possibilities (shooters - infantry - cavalry). And that is historical too.

C. Item availability. I have noticed that a good number of the best items cannot be purchased anywhere. They can, however, be obtained by battlefield spoils of war. I'm talking about the european outdated full plate, the guerrero's superior armet, the black morrion, the european sergeant morrion, the best masked kabutos, some of the best golden plated armors of the game, japanese jinbaori, the best plated horses, etc. This is kind of frustrating, because it gives the impression that there is some stuff in the game that can (and WILL) be used against you, but that you can never acquire. ALL ITEMS should be acquirable from a vendor. The idea of the special vendors in the taverns is a very good one. Why don't give them access to all items? It takes some of the fun out of the game. Give them access to EVERYTHING. Make it very expensive if you want to: but at least the player can, eventually, acquire it. Because the spoils of war are a too random way to acquire those items. And even in case that you actually get them (very rare) the quality is usually poor (cracked, battered, etc).

D. Food. It would be good it food rations where bigger (like 100 bread, 60 cheese, etc), or at least the foraging ability were more useful. Because in late games it is very hard to keep feeding large armies (like 200).

That is all up to this point. I will come back if I stumble upon more issues. In the meantime feel free to comment this.
Thank you for reading this long post so far!

Update on the bugs:

9. Recruiting NPC. I have been able to make prisoner the pirate Simão de Andrade several times, but he keep respawning again and again. At one time there was four 'Simão de Andrade' waltzing around: One prisoner in my city, a second one prisoner in my fort, a third one as a troop in my party, and a fourth one in his army as the 'wild pirate' meant to be. You can stack multiple 'Simão de Andrade prisoners' in a location. Only one will be showed, but the game actually keeps record of the number there is (you can take him back many times, up to the number of times you dropped him in the location). No ransom is ever requested for him. He is treated as a trooper: there is nothing you can do with him except recruit him, kill him or free him.
It is curious that the game only has one 'entry' for the character. When I recruit him for my party he can be leveled up and you can change his equipment, like a companion. When you change his armor and weapons ALL OTHER 'Simão de Andrade' also change their equipment instantly. I also noticed that when someone defeats the 'wild Simão de Andrade' the one in my party become wounded, with his name in red. Even if he was not involved in any combat. Oddly he is not considered as a companion (he is not in the companion reports, neither in the companion lists of equipment, and cannot perform companion missions), but as a simple trooper.
I'll try to recruit all other special characters like López de Villalobos  :grin: , even if having multiple versions of the same NPC screw up the immersion pretty bad...  :meh:

Update on the feedback:

A. Gunpowder weapons. I forgot to mention that firearms shouldn't be reloaded while walking. It makes no sense and is extremely non-historical. Those weapons were very heavy and difficult to reload. They actually needed a gun rest to fire (non existant in game for logical programming problems, I assume) and a still spot to reload (which made the gunners very vulnerable, for obvious reasons). I have found that many troops, like portuguese sharpshooters and musketeers, and spanish musketeers, fire and reload while running backwards, which gives the gunners a very unfair advantage, totally unrealistic and taking out all historical immersion. As I exposed before, gunpowder weapons are already quite OP, this is not necessary, and is very unbalancing. The crossbows for example cannot be loaded while moving either.
A different approach may be done for pistols. Realistically they shouldn't be loaded on the move: loading a muzzle loader pistol is already a complicated issue being still (wrong loading may provoke the barrel to get blocked and a weapon explosion. Not to mention that you absolutely need a loading ramrod to load the weapon: if you lost the ramrod because it fell, because everything moves when doing something on the run, your weapon became a very expensive club), loading it on the move is quite a nightmare. But I souldn't press that further because you can load them on horseback, and is not easy neither. So I think that loading pistols while moving could give the pistols the 'edge' they need over large firearms on certain occasions.

E. Diplomatic issues It has already been said here: Please disable diplomatic 'pop-up' notifications UNLESS they refer to your current faction. The scroll notifications should always be there, precisely for notification purposes. But all those 'pop-up' notifications are quite annoying, and the result is that finally you scrap them all. Sometimes even the ones that could be interesting to you. Obviously that means that if you are not a vassal, or the leader, of any faction you shouldn't receive any 'pop-up' at all.
Also I think that the diplomatic treaties system should be perfected. The treaties should last longer. They only last some days. It is logical that something as disrupting ang traumatic as a war only lasts a few days, but a commercial treaty that last some few days has no sense. The caravans barely have the time to prepare and make the trip: Come on... When two nations have a truce signed they shouldn't be able to declare war on each other for whatever the cause. I'm talking about a peace truce, not a non-agression treaty. Now you can make peace with a nation, and if the said nation declares war on an ally you automatically declare war on the nation you just signed a truce with. The real diplomatic treaties works EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE way. Otherwise all truces in the world would have been just rubbish. However you should be able to break non-aggression treaties. IF you are willing to pay a huge price in reputation (in game terms I mean 'honor'), of course...

Thank you for your comments

in the next patch
- Treasure quest will be removed. however there are treasure chests hidden in the major towns which contained rare items.
- gunpowder price will be reduced
- all food will x2

:grin:

ผมลองโหลดม็อดเวอร์ชั่นล่าสุดในสตีมมาเล่นแล้วนะครับ คือพอเล่นไปได้ซักพักผมเจอปัญหาเกี่ยวกับ microsoft visual c++ runtime library และไอเท็มบางชิ้นบัคเป็นสีดำ มีวิธีแก้ปัญหาอย่างไรครับ

Back
Top Bottom