Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 (updated July 15/2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm getting regular crashes in every large battle.
I get this with every Brytenwalda repolished game load in the RGL log:
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_medium
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_far
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_bullet_hit_body
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_player_hit_by_bullet
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_launch
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_dives_into_water
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_troop_upgrades_button_clicked
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_character_screen_requested

If I knew how, I would first look into "game-missile-launch" and "missile dives into water" and later the crossbow sounds. Rivers are present in most of the crashes.
None of the crashes have occurred out of battle so I would ignore the others for now.

The companions with spears and bows is an old sad issue.
I've been watching them not fire for years.
You can give them orders and they do start firing for maybe 2 shots then revert to spears.
I find "avoid melee" helps the most, but only a little.
I've noticed they improve a bit on horse, but they just stand there when attacked and do poorly in melee as the AI surrounds horses quickly.
I think the best solution is to give them decent armor and 2 shields plus the bow kit.

Brujoloco, is this the kind of village icon you were looking for?
uWjkG.jpg
It's 593 face compared to the 3 house village's 516, so not much more. Let me know if you want it changed, or if you have ideas for more icons you want. Found an unused pictish keep model, might see about making an icon out of it.

hko2006 said:
Few issues to report.

Invisible walls near trees, projectiles stopped mid air and stopped my horse.
t83D5BX.jpg

More invisible walls
ZgQ4tCv.jpg

X5Pt2Ts.jpg

Face backward when charging (both my troops and enemies)
aVwwm8n.jpg

e9rEobn.jpg

Brewery 932 profit a week, not sure if this is normal
SeKkDwf.jpg

Rest of the screenshots.
http://imgur.com/a/xrZdr

Hmm will have to hunt them down, without any specific location that will be quite a challenge. if they are battle scenes you can tell me where in the world you were, kinda hard sometimes to look just "around  :grin: . From what I gather looking at one of the scenes, it seems to have been a town? which town?. The battle scene where there´s this huge invisible wall with a lot of javelins happened where? would love to see if it has a strange non texturized mesh or purposefully placed invisi wall. hmmm

Also the brewery giving that is quite normal, sometimes it normalizes, if memory servers me well, there should be at least 2/3 towns where breweries are better than wineries.

kraggrim said:
Brujoloco, is this the kind of village icon you were looking for?
uWjkG.jpg

It's 593 face compared to the 3 house village's 516, so not much more. Let me know if you want it changed, or if you have ideas for more icons you want. Found an unused pictish keep model, might see about making an icon out of it.

Oh wow, those look nice indeed! Now we need better overland map icons for roamers! :smile:

gdwitt said:
I'm getting regular crashes in every large battle.
I get this with every Brytenwalda repolished game load in the RGL log:
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_medium
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_far
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_bullet_hit_body
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_player_hit_by_bullet
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_launch
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_dives_into_water
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_troop_upgrades_button_clicked
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_character_screen_requested
If I knew how, I would first look into "game-missile-launch" and "missile dives into water" and later the crossbow sounds. Rivers are present in most of the crashes.
None of the crashes have occurred out of battle so I would ignore the others for now.

The companions with spears and bows is an old sad issue.
I've been watching them not fire for years.
You can give them orders and they do start firing for maybe 2 shots then revert to spears.
I find "avoid melee" helps the most, but only a little.
I've noticed they improve a bit on horse, but they just stand there when attacked and do poorly in melee as the AI surrounds horses quickly.
I think the best solution is to give them decent armor and 2 shields plus the bow kit.

Yes the companion "issue" is indeed an ol´Brytenwalda leftover, AI sometimes goes kaput, but nothing too game breaking  :smile:

On the sound issue with bows/rivers I will have to look into that. Oddly enough I have never ever touched the original sound files, can it be a corrupted sound file issue on your side?. Will try to fight near rivers to try to replicate the issue thanks for the reports! Seems there´s a lot of work to do hehe!

Will add this strange code breakage/sound issue to the ToDo list to give it at least a glance!

This is an "ALWAYS HAPPENS" issue? Is this from a Non-Steam Install or a Steam Install? Have you tried replicating this in a different install of the mod? This will help me a ton trying to find the origin of the issue  :cool:

Edit: I am at a very "rivery" scene shooting arrows everywhere, splashing over and over , shooting at the sky, the ground and the sides. I can´t seem to replicate this issue you mention :sad:

Brujoloco said:
Oh wow, those look nice indeed! Now we need better overland map icons for roamers! :smile:

As in icons for different bandit parties, that kind of thing? I can try my hand at the static models, but rigging and animating would be down to someone else.

Here's that keep I talked about. I replaced the roof with a screenshot made in edit mode and added a few out-buildings.
_ZG1b.jpg
These are the two castles that should use it. Duin Baitte probably will need rotated slightly.
F6bni.jpg

kraggrim said:
Brujoloco said:

As in icons for different bandit parties, that kind of thing? I can try my hand at the static models, but rigging and animating would be down to someone else.

Here's that keep I talked about. I replaced the roof with a screenshot made in edit mode and added a few out-buildings.
_ZG1b.jpg
These are the two castles that should use it. Duin Baitte probably will need rotated slightly.
F6bni.jpg

Very nice! i never messed with the map editor and its icons beyond the trees. Is there a way to add a unique icon to each city/fort/village? That could really bring a lot of more uniqueness to the game!.

Since all cities/forts share common maps , it could be theoretically possible to add a representing icon for the map you will see upon a battle scene there! hmmm ... lots of possibilities!

When I mean the party icons yep. There could be a way to replace the texture while keeping the already integrated animations. No need to be fancy, just perhaps a couple different textures? I have always disliked the little split in half man, half light/half dark icon for traders for example.

Plenty of other mods have unique icons for cities and castles, we should be able to manage it :smile:. Working on an icon for the lake fort right now. Do you know where I can get water textures from the game files?

kraggrim said:
Plenty of other mods have unique icons for cities and castles, we should be able to manage it :smile:. Working on an icon for the lake fort right now. Do you know where I can get water textures from the game files?

Hmmm the only .dds files I have seen for water are the waterbumps, but they are used for FX not raw water drawing as far as I know, unless someone more savvy in water textures used by Warband corrects me ...

Used a river texture for now. This is the early draft, will add a path to the texture and try and put a fence in, find a better water texture.
OKeN8.jpg
Doesn't look too bad, batter than the hill fort that used to represent it.
GCmvM.jpg
Dun Chuile is a problem though (it uses that map).
1Rstn.jpg

Edit:Does anyone know what shader is applied to the actual main map grass? I want to replicate it to blend these in better.

If you still need help fixing any broken English I could take a look. It would be much easier if I had a large dialogue file to just read through instead of trying to look at every dialogue in game, but I will be playing tonight and be sure to note anything I see. Does anyone know where I can read all the dialogue if I were to do so? It must be stored somewhere.

Well i have not much to say... i am just always impressed how long this mod actually stays interesting for so many people, when i get back once in a while.
Vikings Conquest seems to be nice but still to many bugs, which makes me get back AGAIN for the 100000 time to Brytenwalda.
Actually i just wanna say a huge thank you to all modders here.  :mrgreen:

HI !

I'd love to test your submod compilation. I'm a big fan of what TML did, the only thing I dislike is the battle mechanics, no more formation fighting, only charging, damn my britons are getting wrecked ^^. SO I was wondering if it was possible to change it back to vanilla Brytenwalda, if you ever wanted to do it, or, better, if you had already done it ?

Thx for polishing this awesome mod :smile:

Kirsch27 said:
If you still need help fixing any broken English I could take a look. It would be much easier if I had a large dialogue file to just read through instead of trying to look at every dialogue in game, but I will be playing tonight and be sure to note anything I see. Does anyone know where I can read all the dialogue if I were to do so? It must be stored somewhere.
Conversation.txt in the module folder is what you want, it's not an easy read though.

Right, finished up (for now) the lake fort icon and got the new icons in game and assigned to specific castles/villages.
Here's the new version:
bO0UX.jpg
oFPy0.jpg
They're not perfect but better than what was representing them before:
LFRGW.jpg
The alternative is you carve actual lakes with causeways in the map and put a village icon in the middle :grin:. Does all water have to be the same level on the world map?
Dun Chuile will be the problem. Either we use the old icon, give it a different scene, or move it North-West a little bit.
hLsnZ.jpg

If people see interesting castles/towns in game to turn into new icons then please post the name and a couple of screenshots here. Also if you know a way to make the water texture shiny or replicate the main map grass shader drop me a line.
Also if anyone knows where the hell this little square at the player icon feet came from, or how to fix it, let me know.
cIuUt.jpg
Never mind it disappeared.

kraggrim said:
Kirsch27 said:
Conversation.txt in the module folder is what you want, it's not an easy read though.

Right, finished up (for now) the lake fort icon and got the new icons in game and assigned to specific castles/villages.
Here's the new version:
bO0UX.jpg
oFPy0.jpg
They're not perfect but better than what was representing them before:
LFRGW.jpg
The alternative is you carve actual lakes with causeways in the map and put a village icon in the middle :grin:. Does all water have to be the same level on the world map?
Dun Chuile will be the problem. Either we use the old icon, give it a different scene, or move it North-West a little bit.
hLsnZ.jpg

If people see interesting castles/towns in game to turn into new icons then please post the name and a couple of screenshots here. Also if you know a way to make the water texture shiny or replicate the main map grass shader drop me a line.
Also if anyone knows where the hell this little square at the player icon feet came from, or how to fix it, let me know.
cIuUt.jpg
Never mind it disappeared.

Awesome work as usual Kraggrim! I will be off for several days due to holidays/family, will go back in force for next update in January (just a couple weeks now, how time flies) But will try to keep an eye on the thread from abroad. :grin:

To Everybody have an awesome Merry Christmas and a Prosperous Happy New Year!!!

Cheers! Take care guys! Much love to all of you!

I think this one is a bug:
If you carry two same weapons and one breaks the other one is gone as well.
Carried two Balanced Dawn Rays, axe and a shield. When the first Dawn ray broke the other wasn't there anymore.
This happened repeatedly during one session.

Hi
It looks like a great mod and i have a question, is it mac compatible? I'd say please include the answer in ur description of the mod. Us mac owners have hearts too u know :smile:

and plus i guess freelancer mod is really missing in this epic mod :smile:

and a little issue: weekly wages in party window is in denars.

Thanks

magitsu said:
I think this one is a bug:
If you carry two same weapons and one breaks the other one is gone as well.
Carried two Balanced Dawn Rays, axe and a shield. When the first Dawn ray broke the other wasn't there anymore.
This happened repeatedly during one session.

Hmm, I doubt we can fix this, not without help. The credits says "Baron Conrad and Cruger – Weapon breaking", I'll see if I can track them down.

NeodymiumCarbide, freelancer appears to be working in my version:
EUl12.jpg
and weekly wages are in scilingas:
a24No.jpg
What version of Brytenwalda/repolished submod are you running?
(no idea about mac compatibility, sorry)

Oldtimer, if you could post screenshots or notes of the inconsistencies that you'd like looked at there's much more chance of them being adressed.

Updated map icon for Clochair + Caiseal + Dun Iasgach + Brycheiniog:
gjely.jpg

Again folks, if there's any locations you think could do with an updated icon please post it's name (and if possible screenshots).

Back
Top Bottom