Broken Companion

Users who are viewing this thread

Hawkerra

Recruit
So today I started a new game. In this new game, I eventually found one of those 'Save the kidnapped daughter' missions and figured I'd take it for some much needed money. After failing the dialogue, killing the boyfriend, and taking the girl back home, I discovered that she had become a new person I could talk to in the village. I talked to her and discovered that it was possible to recruit her. I asked her to join me and she said she would -- for more than 2000 denars.

I had the money and figured that this could be a good source of new recruits. Surely she had to have phenomenal abilities for that price, right?

Wrong. The character had 0 in every skill. 0 in every ability. and -199 skill points out of a necessary 5 to level her up. Now, according to her character screen, she wasn't actually CAPABLE of gaining skill points in anything. Her minimum was 0, but she seems to gain skill points just fine... If particularly slowly due to her being abysmal at literally everything.

This is her character screen right now:

FKJ4CZs.png

I'm fairly certain that the whole idea of recruiting her to begin with is PROBABLY unintended behavior... But it would be kind of neat to be able to recruit random named people from villages like this, with low skills who you had to train up from scratch... People who have reason to want to leave their life as villagers behind and just need an excuse to do it... just at a much lower cost than the astronomical 2k I paid for this broken one.

I'd also like the ability to marry companions if they happen to be of the opposite sex. I'm hoping this is already a feature that's planned but just not implemented.

Back
Top Bottom