[BoP: Interregnum] Recruitment Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting concept, and so far it looks well prepared.
Sadly, due to private uncertainties I cannot sign up at the moment.
For now I do howesever wish to sign up on the replacement list though.

Two more slots available! I'd love to see another Great House, at least one power in Hammerfell, and/or the Colovian Estates, but if those don't interest you there are lots of others available still!

Yeah I'm totally sure those small Imperial states in the corner there can fix that jolly well.

That's all she wrote, all the spots are filled. If you didn't get the chance to get in, send me a PM and let me know who you'd like to play as or if you want to be a replacement. I may or may not accept a few more applicants after I get a couple of turns under my belt. My goal is to have CC's out and the main thread up by the 15th, although I have a wedding that weekend so I may have to postpone it to the 22nd.

Grimmend said:
Question.  Will our heroes have levels/gear and whatnot? Say one person send his hero to fight another, how will that work?

Heroes will start with gear that is appropriate to their class and faction. Heroes do not have levels; instead, they have various combat (ambush, battle, hunt, patrol, pillage, sabotage, and siege), magick (alteration, conjuration, destruction, enchantment, illusion, mysticism, and restoration), and stealth (acrobatics, mercantile, pickpocket, security, short blade, sneak, and speechcraft) skills. At the start of the game, these skills are determined by their race and class. Different races have a bonus or penalty for each skill, just as different classes have a bonus or penalty for certain skills (i.e. Warrior units or Heroes don't have a bonus or a penalty for magick or stealth skills because they can't perform the actions that would require those skills at the start of the game, most stealth units can't assist in battle, but some can assist in sabotage or ambush or siege, etc.).

Unlike units, who will remain static, heroes have the potential to increase their skills through practice (i.e. a Warrior Hero could spend a turn studying at the Mages Guild and maybe increase their destruction skill). Additionally, heroes have the potential to improve or enchant their gear by using special resources, or they can obtain magical artifacts by killing baddies, going on quests, exploring different provinces, summoning Daedra, etc. Sometimes gear has a specific function (maybe it adds a modifier to a skill, maybe it makes it harder to wound your hero), but other gear can be used more creatively, provided that I think it is balanced and appropriate.

As far as Hero fighting Hero, that all depends on the means of fighting. Heroes must always be attached to another a unit or group of units, and the Heroes skill usually provides a bonus modifier to the unit depending on the task. So if my Warrior Hero meets your Barbarian Hero on the field of open battle, either might win depending on a number of factors, including the units they are attached to and random chance. But let's say one hero wants to assassinate another hero - that too would depend on the units they are working with. Are they working with a unit of assassins? Nightblades? Acrobats? Agents? A combination? Have they done enough prep work for the assassination to know where the target is? Who is guarding the target? Is it a unit of knights? Is it an entire army? It's not as cut and dry as my dad can beat up your dad (although I suppose that duels could be arranged).

L18Vr.jpg

Little player map I whipped up in paint because I was bored. Nothing fancy, apologies if I've misplaced someone - give me a pm and I'll fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom