[BoP: Interregnum] Main Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Orders are due in a week. As of now, I have 6 orders (although only one of those is significantly fleshed out), so I wanted to drop a reminder here. Please try to address any questions that you might have about the rules and your orders before next Friday.

Nope. Divide them into more armies if you want to do that. Obviously, they can all still perform those separate tasks in the same province, but having multiple armies constrained to one major task each makes my calculations a lot easier.

Actually, scratch that. Yes, a single army with the right units could perform all of that, provided that your intention is to set up an "Ambush" in a particular province. I read the stealth part wrong, since I assumed that would be a patrolling order, which is why I said no.

Grimmend said:
For Elisianthus' trade caravan, would that work like a general trade agreement in other BoPs'? Like I put XXX credits into the Rimmen trade caravan, or does it need to be goods?

Depends on how he wants to run trade caravans. Normally, you don't need to put any credits into trade (although you are free to put credits into a provinces' Development score to increase your potential trade). In fact, the opposite will occur. When you trade, you generate income based on the amount and type of goods being traded.

Trade is limited by your faction's maximum Development Score. For instance, if I have a faction Total Development score of 100, I could use that to trade Mooseland's 50 Ore[Iron] for Elktown's 50 Food per turn. If Elktown has a Development Score of 50, I could increase that trade to 75 Ore[Iron] for 75 Food, provided that Elktown is willing to use their Development to contribute. I could also use a third factions' Development Score to conduct trade if I don't have enough. Also, don't forget that transferring Income between factions requires the use of Development, such that 1 Development is necessary for every 100 Income. Paper or electronic currency has yet to be be developed in Tamriel.

Of course, there may be other options for trade. A faction could potentially use their Units to conduct trade, since Units can carry all sorts of Resources in their equipment. But in general, if you don't want to use your Units, you would be required to trade with your Development Score.

Hey guys, don't forget to allocate your population growth from last turn to a province(s) of your choice. For instance, if your Total Population is 1000 + 10, you can disperse 10 additional population any of your province(s) in any way that you see fit.

Guys, you are killing me - orders are due Friday night, and if diplomacy has been going on behind the scenes, I'm mostly in the dark about it. Please try to have them in on time.

Also, apparently Aust's posting ban prevents him from sending or receiving PM's too, and I haven't hear back from him, so consider him out of the game. I may or may not look for a replacement next turn, it would be nice to have House Indoril, but we will see how well I can manage the first actual report and play it by year.

Hey Moose, I'll go ahead and mention this now so that you don't panic quite as much: I rarely get my orders in before the due date. This is usually because I plot them out in my head a long time before I try putting them into writing, as otherwise I revise them over and over without making any progress. I'll try and get mine in early for the sake of making sure I get the order format down right, but don't sweat it if I'm a bit late in actually putting pen to paper. ^.^

Yeah, sorry. Been focused on other things, but I plan on sorting stuff out soon. Also, I sometimes forget about the game because nobody is talking to me about anything.  :mad:

To add onto Vieira, the thread has been pretty quiet lately, though I suppose there's not much to talk about yet. To spark an interesting conversation:

Skyrim > Morrowind

Since there's fair number of people who are in the newer generation of BoP players, I would say that the best way to get into the game is to go out and initiate some kind of diplomacy. The people you're talking to don't have to border you, and you dont need a purpose for talking to them. It's a good way to start building relationships and maybe get an ally or two. The main point of these games (and what makes them fun) is diplomacy, so going out and starting some will make the game a lot more interesting and comprehensible. Don't let the complex game rules scare you away from doing anything, ask Moose if you have questions, I know he'd be happy to answer.

Oh, got a question about this so I just wanted to clarify - mountain passes (the big thick lines between some provinces) are NOT passable. If you can't figure out the difference between a province border and a mountain pass, feel free to ask before hand (and also maybe get your eyes checked :razz:).

I'll update the section about land movement with that information. I've also added a short Geography Key, in case anyone is unsure of which color represents which type of terrain on the geography map.

Kenobi is out, although I still don't think I will contact potential replacement players until at least this first turn is over, since I originally wanted 20 (and we're now at 21). Quick reminder that orders are due tomorrow at midnight proper time (EST). That's about 28 hours from now. Please have something in!

Back
Top Bottom