Bloodpass Warband Map Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

Well started doing map work again, and tried my (probably too large map) on your editor. The map opens with no issues I can look around and do everything, but as soon as I try and use my parties.py it crashes. I have edited all the icons to use vanilla MnB icons and it still has the same error.

error message:
Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Main,5,main]
OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Well that's an unexpected error. Try editing Bloodpass.bat so it looks like this:

java -Xmx1024m -jar Bloodpass.jar > clog.log

The 1024 is memory (1 gig in that case). Assuming it's not some bug causing too much memory to be taken up, increasing the amount available should fix that.. you may have to tweak the number (add/subtract amounts around 512 or 256). Depending on the RAM available on your PC there should be a maximum you can go up to, but it's hard to know what that is.

Cool, hope it goes well.

Ryantheskinny said:
Well started doing map work again, and tried my (probably too large map) on your editor. The map opens with no issues I can look around and do everything, but as soon as I try and use my parties.py it crashes. I have edited all the icons to use vanilla MnB icons and it still has the same error.

error message:
OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

I may need to add some logging or try reproducing this problem here somehow. What's special about the parties.py causing a crash? It's hard to imagine why you'd have a memory issue when importing one of those small files, unless I have some kind of code defect going haywire. If you use a vanilla map and import your custom parties.py, does it still crash?

Also, did modifying the startup parameters suggested above help?

I tried to move a settlement from one place to another but whenever i clicked to place settlement program crashed and gave me that error message:

NumberFormatException: For input string: "-23,67"

Hmm, so that's the entire message? If so some logging improvements could be made. I might still be able to figure out what's going on from that, but if you see any other logs, do check those for more info.

On the error, are you outside of the US or in some region where "," is used in place of "." for numbers?

Something like this:
€100,25 (with a comma as a decimal separator) in most European countries
€100.25 (with a dot as a decimal separator) in the UK, US, and Australia

Edit: I see - that was from a dialog. Check in the editor's folder to see if you see files like clog.log or log.txt. If there's anything there, post the contents here and I might be able to pinpoint the issue.

Here is clog.log:

Creating 1200x900 window
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.editor.UserInterfaceState
Attaching state class mb.bme.navigation.BmeCamera
Initializing UI
2019-07-10 18:34:39 INFO  GuiGlobals:124 - Initializing GuiGlobals with:com.simsilica.lemur.GuiGlobals@2338e773
2019-07-10 18:34:39 INFO  GuiGlobals:196 - Lemur build date:20171014
2019-07-10 18:34:39 INFO  BaseStyles:70 - loadStyleResource(Interface/style.groovy)
2019-07-10 18:34:39 INFO  BaseStyles:77 - Loading base resource:jar:file:/C:/Users/USER/Desktop/Map%20editor/Bloodpass.jar!/Interface/style.groovy
2019-07-10 18:34:40 INFO  BaseStyles:80 - Loading extension resources for:Interface/style.groovy
2019-07-10 18:34:40 INFO  BaseStyles:88 - Loading extension resource:jar:file:/C:/Users/USER/Desktop/Map%20editor/lib/assets.jar!/Interface/style.groovy
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.editor.misc.ViewNavigateState
Loaded 40921 vertices and 81000 faces
ib 243000 vb 729000 cb 972000 tcb 972000
ib 243000 vb 131892 cb 175856 tcb 87928
Detaching state class mb.bme.state.editor.misc.ViewNavigateState
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.render.MountAndBladeRenderState
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.bool.ShowShadowsState
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.bool.ShowSettlementsState
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.bool.ShowWireframeState
Detaching state class mb.bme.state.bool.ShowWireframeState
Detaching state class mb.bme.state.bool.ShowShadowsState
Detaching state class mb.bme.state.render.MountAndBladeRenderState
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.render.SimpleTextureRenderState
Detaching state class mb.bme.state.render.SimpleTextureRenderState
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.render.NonBlendedTerrainRenderState
Detaching state class mb.bme.state.render.NonBlendedTerrainRenderState
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.editor.misc.TerrainTypeState

And log.txt:

Creating 1200x900 window
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.editor.UserInterfaceState
Attaching state class mb.bme.navigation.BmeCamera
Initializing UI
Loaded 40921 vertices and 81000 faces
ib 243000 vb 729000 cb 972000 tcb 972000
ib 243000 vb 131892 cb 175856 tcb 87928
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.bool.ShowShadowsState
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.bool.ShowSettlementsState
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.bool.ShowWireframeState
Detaching state class mb.bme.state.bool.ShowWireframeState
Detaching state class mb.bme.state.bool.ShowShadowsState
Detaching state class mb.bme.state.render.NonBlendedTerrainRenderState
Attaching state class mb.bme.state.editor.misc.TerrainTypeState

Im living in Turkey by the way but dont know if it has anything to do with measurements :/

Okay, logs still suck but I'm pretty sure I found the issue. Localization, some countries use "," instead of a period. I think I can do an update to fix.

Ok sounds great! Are you trying to do something like different versions for different regions? Such as US edition, Australia edition, Europe edition and Asia edition?
It would be great if you can do something like this so people wont get any arbitrary errors like i did :mrgreen:

Edit: I reported a bug and you fixed it in same day. You are breathtaking sir!

I'm not doing anything special like that really, it's just something that the development platform I'm using does automatically, which hadn't occurred to me as being a problem.

But I think I've fixed the issue for you - try the new version up now. You will likely need to update to Java 11 or higher (unless you already have that up to date). Here's a link to do that for Windows (also on the file repo page):

https://github.com/AdoptOpenJDK/openjdk11-binaries/releases/download/jdk-11.0.3%2B7/OpenJDK11U-jre_x64_windows_hotspot_11.0.3_7.msi

This version is a little less tested than 1.0, but I did package the old version in a folder just in case. If there is some issue with the new version it's probably something big and easily found, like it won't start at all or something. Main problem is, I use Linux, so I don't have an easy way to test in Win.

Sweet Smile Of Pain said:
Edit: I reported a bug and you fixed it in same day. You are breathtaking sir!

I know, this was some lucky stuff. I've been checking regularly lately, not daily, but you were JUST about an hour before I happened to look today. Hopefully it's working now!

Maybe an issue with the increased memory settings. How about if you run this at a command prompt ("cmd" from Windows run menu)?

If that gives trouble, try these:
java -Xmx1024m -jar Bloodpass.jar
java -jar Bloodpass.jar

Bloodpass said:
Maybe an issue with the increased memory settings. How about if you run this at a command prompt ("cmd" from Windows run menu)?

If that gives trouble, try these:
java -Xmx1024m -jar Bloodpass.jar
java -jar Bloodpass.jar
I tried to do both solution from windows cmd and it said unable to access.
Then i created a .bat file in map editor folder and it printed some long text then immediatly disappeared.
Both of them didnt work  :sad:

What was the actual message that it said about access? Maybe it couldn't find the java runtime.

(Also try "java -version" from the command line, or "java --version", I forget which.)

You need to be in a command prompt window. You can get one by typing cmd in the Start/run menu. (Or you might be able to search for "command prompt".)

From there you can also switch to the editor's directory and run the commands I put above. It sounds like maybe you didn't run them from the folder which has the Bloodpass.jar file.

I'll have to try starting up a Windows VM here so I can see what happens when we run the normal .bat file, I didn't think I changed that really, but it's been a while since I was working on it.

Edit: It seems to "work" on Windows for me, of course since it's a VM it runs into graphics problems (M&B won't even run from a VM like this), but I didn't see any obvious issue.

If you're on Windows 10, maybe you need to...
-Right click Bloodpass.jar and select properties
-The General tab may have a Security: section after it where you can check "Unblock"

You can also try running Bloodpass.jar directly (just type "Bloodpass.jar" without the quotes on a command line, from the editor's folder). If you installed the OpenJDK11 JRE the repository site has a link to, you might even be able to just double click that Bloodpass.jar file directly and have it just run.

Back
Top Bottom