Bloodpass Warband Map Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm, that should work. You're on Win 10?

I'll have to find a Windows machine to test on. In the mean time you can try starting it from a command line, there has to be SOME error showing up that we're missing.

Okay, there was some oddness where you get an error the first time you start. On the second run, it should start fine. Looks like it's related to some some dll files that get extracted at startup, for some reason they weren't extracted in time or something. Tested on Win 7. 

If it's still failing after the 2nd attempt, there must be some other error we're missing...

Hmm, and after that first run an lwjgl.dll file didn't appear in the folder... It's just looking for that dll file in the Map-Editor folder. (There may be a few others it needs too.)
Normally it's supposed to extract on its own, but I guess we could just package it there to be sure.

That's actually the issue I saw when I tried it on Windows, but what I saw was that the file was created on the first (failed) run attempt, so by the second run, everything worked fine. Strange that it didn't create the file for you on the first run.

I'll try packaging it differently this weekend. You could also try dropping the .dll files the old version of the application should have, although I'm not sure if they'd work since they're likely older.

Okay, let's try this until I figure out what's going on.

-Open Bloodpass.jar in a zip program like 7-zip (or temporarily rename it with a .zip extension).
-You'll see a bunch of files and folders listed. Some of those files have a .dll extension. You should see one named lwjgl64.dll (mentioned in the error).
-Extract all of those .dll files, and put them in the same folder as Bloodpass.jar.
-Then try running it again the same way you did in the screenshot above, or using any of the other methods I mentioned.

There could be some other issue, but that should prevent the error you've posted.

Regarding a faction editor - that's the same tool. It's probably a little generous calling it a "faction editor" (it never quite got there), but basically I'm referring to the ability to do things like move or rename faction settlements.

Or give this another shot, hopefully this latest version ("1.0.1a") will get things working correctly again. If not you know the drill, get the error(s) posted and I'll look for a cause.

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3051

Tried every single solution you wrote it didnt work. I downloaded last version and it didnt work either.
It keeps giving same error all the time  :dead:

Actually you dont need to fix settlement issue since i discovered that you can get coordinates through edit mode in game and paste them in module_parties.py but i really need to make those shorelines smoother and rotate whole map 180 degrees.

Very strange that the old version is doing the same. I wonder if this is some Windows 10 or security thing blocking it because it's a downloaded file? I haven't been able to test to Win 10 yet, just 7.

It's good you found a workaround but I do want to figure out what's going on. I'll keep looking into it, thanks for the error message posts.

Okay I've put up a 1.0.1b version. I don't know if it'll fix the issue for you, but hopefully it'll give us some more information in a log or in the console when you run (most likely console).

Also, I've now tested on both Win7 and Win10... both are working out of the box for me. :sad:

So if we're still seeing a problem after this and there's no more info in the log, I'm about out of ideas (at the moment).

One thing that might be going on, I guess, is some kind of interference from an over aggressive antivirus or other security program. But I'm not going to ask anyone to disable such a thing (it would be good to know if you have something like that running through). Hopefully this attempt will give us some more information to work with.

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3051

I dont know if its about my pc but now it says that lwjgl64.dll is already being used by another program  :neutral: (I dont have any antivirus on but dont know if there is something in system blocking the process)

That's a better error now. At least now I can see where it's failing. I can't read the error text language at all :lol: , but you say that it means "it's already being used by another program"?

I would suggest a reboot or putting it into its own directory, but it looks like you already did that. A reboot might help but I can't imagine what would have that file open when you just extracted the file, other than some security scanner or something.

If you right click Bloodpass.jar or lwjgl64.dll, in Properties, does it say anything about being a file downloaded from the Internet with a checkbox to allow it to run?

The really strange thing is that I can't reproduce it in any OS here.

Another test you can do, right after you see that error, is see if you can move the lwjgl64.dll file to another folder like your desktop (move it back after). If you can move it, then I don't think it's really locked by Windows, and that "file already being used" error is probably misleading us. That only increases the strangeness, but would make me think it's some Windows security or other security thing going on. Let's not give up yet and see if we can get to the bottom of this...

I think I see the problem. It's definitely either a bug in a supporting library, or maybe even Java itself (not my code..)...

It looks like since your PC is reporting the error in another language, a check for some specific English language text fails. A possible annoying "workaround" might be to change the language settings on your computer to be English (hopefully that takes effect without a reboot), launch the editor, and hopefully Java will report the error in English and handle it correctly.

You'd only have to do this when first starting the editor.

I have been using your map editor for a while and I think it is great! However, I have got a problem. I am currently working on a map that is larger than the native map and the camera restriction of the map editor does not allow me to work on some parts of the map. How can I change the camera restriction values of the editor?

There should be a file called config.ini the editor reads when it starts.

I thought I had already increased these, but change the X and Z range numbers so they're larger if you need to:

10                          #min Y camera range (low)
350                        #min Y camera range (high)
-320                        #min X camera range (left)
320                        #max X camera range (right)
-250                        #min Z camera range (forward)
300                        #max Z camera range (back)

Hi guys,

I have a few questions. I have troubles with opening Viking Conquest map in Bloodpass editor. Problem is mainly the module_parties.py, map with the default module_patries can be opened. Is it possible to open VC module_paties it with this tool? I tried to open Viking Conquest map and module_parties in it, but it keep crashing and I can´t manage to make it run. It gives me this eror:

Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Main,5,main]
OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Does anybody have any hint or solution?

Thanks

So, see your Bloodpass.bat. File contains one string:
Code:
java -Xmx1024m -jar Bloodpass.jar
Parameter -Xmx1024m means that java can use only 1024 MiB for heap. You can increase it replacing 1024m with your memory limit.
You can edit as:
Code:
java -Xmx8196m -jar Bloodpass.jar
Now, the Java machine are allowed to use 8196 MiB for heap.

Back
Top Bottom