Blocking a great lance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Schiester

Recruit
This is severely unrealistic and it needs to be fixed. A lancer riding at nigh full speed with a great lance can have his great lance parried with a sword. Unrealistic and bad game design.

The quality of game design is not based on realism, it based upon how well it fits within the game. This sort of advantage for a cavalry player over an infantry would make the game unbearable.

1) They're not going to change the game now, you might have better luck posting Bannerlord suggestions.
2) Realism is not a good argument if it would make the game worse. It definitely would for infantry players, assuming a simple "make lollance unblockable" change without anything else.

Orion said:
Bubs said:
Ebdanian Admiral said:
Press X to couch, couches are unblockable.

You can chamber a couched lance.
Don't you still need a shield, though? The only purpose it serves is to reduce damage done to your shield from the couch.
Twohander or Poleweapon work without shield aswell I sink

Realistically, it is not possible to stab from horseback with a great lance, but this would severely nerf its user. I feel it is fine just as it is.

Schubertt said:
The quality of game design is not based on realism, it based upon how well it fits within the game. This sort of advantage for a cavalry player over an infantry would make the game unbearable.

Pikes and spears, ever heard of it? If the devs merely had replaced the "parry" action against a charging knight for a "bracing" position, that would be tremendously realistic and far better in game play aspects. Besides, depending on your position, a shield COULD block against a lance, so there is that, and I don't believe the OP is asking that you make even shields useless against lances.

Bracing mechanics don't feel right in warband. They encourage defensive play and usually boil down to "you touched this spearman at speed, suffer arbitrary damage x50" since that's about as far as you can go with the code.

Couching is fairly easy to circumvent by other means unless you're in a confined area. Even from a realism perspective, a single spearman bracing against a single horsemen (a la multiplayer) is a bit silly, especially for a pike, although those nevrr make much of an appearance in warband.

On a side note, I've heard of a guy who said he chambered aa guy's lance with a club four times in a row, then died to the lance because he was laughing so much.

Too be honest, in real life could you block a big heavy lance with a small sharp edged sword? Like for real? No you could not so I think it is rather realistic :razz:

You could also argue that they should take Archers/Crossbowman out the game because they are largely hard to defend against. But no because they play a big role in the game singe-player/multiplayer and the countless great mods out there. They also play a big role in history and during the medieval times which this game is based :razz:

Back
Top Bottom