Please FIX the Couched Lance Animation

Users who are viewing this thread

bbaydogdu

Sergeant
-------Update-------
This issue is solved by bestmods168. You can download his Realistic Couch Lance mod and get rid of the vanilla animation. I tried it on 1.2.4 and didn't have any problem. So far it only works with strapped shields. I also recommend using Long Couch Lance and this together.
------------------------------

The couched lance animation is so dumb. Who ever did that thing must've been on drugs or something. Look at this nonsense.

WtGlocd.jpg

Now look how this was in the Warband. I don't understand this sloppiness. How can you make things even worse than previous game?

8kk3mzT.jpg

You might wanna ask why someone bothers with such small detail. It actually affects gameplay. Besides looking extremely ugly, this stupid wrong animation greatly reduces the lance's reach which is the sole purpose of having a lance. Also in the previous game character covers himself with the shield while couching the lance and as you can guess this is not the case in Bannerlord hahahah.

Last edited:
Bumping this for two reasons: It's absolutely absurd that the lance wobbles about like crazy when couched given yknow... Everything about couching is done to stabilize and deliver a devastating blow. In Warbanner? Yeah there is no stability. That lance will flop everywhere like a pool noodle, oftentimes making you miss the shot you lined up... If you aren't stopped dead in your tracks because somebody with a pitchfork somehow hit your horse before you had the chance to hit them with your fancy 250-ish smithed lance!. Secondly, the shield is literally unused aside protecting the horses neck. As OP said, you actually used it to protect yourself in Warband. How do you take such a dramatic step back?

Couching was quite good in Warband and in this game you will get beat out by any spearman stabbing the horse even if your lance has 20+ more range on it... Because screw you I guess. Don't get me started on the fact thrusts are more viable for the horse tactics than the actual historically accurate couching... And don't get me started on that perk for a THIRTY PERCENT chance to not lift up after you somehow luck into a hit. If it kills, it should stay couched. You cannot change my mind and no "Oh but game balance" will make up for it.

Even if the Devs add this to their backlog, their throughput is so slow that it would be years before you'd see this change.

Even with the assumption that Devs are incredibly well intentioned and listen to feedback, the speed is so slow that only modders matter for this game.

Once again a talented modder fixed the TW's mess. Kudos to bestmods168, he released his new Realistic Couched Lance mod to save us from disgusting native animation. It only works with the strapped shields. Here's the link
Yes, I totally agree. In fact, many users, including myself, highlighted this a long time ago, bringing it to the eyes of the devs.

Funny enough, that "rEaLiStIc CoUcH"animation is Native; surprise! we also provided feedback in the past... but it fell on deaf ears... like hundreds of other contributions that could enrich the experience of the base game.

Unbelievable! So it was already there the whole time and they gave us the sh*tty one anyways. I haven't seen that post before. These people must be f'ing with us 🤬

Yes, I totally agree. In fact, many users, including myself, highlighted this a long time ago, bringing it to the eyes of the devs.

Funny enough, that "rEaLiStIc CoUcH"animation is Native; surprise! we also provided feedback in the past... but it fell on deaf ears... like hundreds of other contributions that could enrich the experience of the base game.
maybe they had some weird difficulty along the lines of such: (I mean this in good humor)
1:"hey is the guy on the horse.. do we know if the saddle has stirrups?"
2:"the saddle itself doesn't even know if it has stirrups unless you want to go into the specs of the model/skeleton/rigging"
1:"hmm.. do you think we could add it in? like it might need to be a boolean or whatever we attach to the horse armor class.."
2:" yeah but do you know how many bugs and balance issues that might cause?"
[the conversation turns into one of those old religious-fundimentalist comics/pamphlets/morality play where the 'salvation' from a similar fate is Embracing Test Driven Development, or having a certified SCRUM master]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom