Beta Patch Notes e1.5.5

Users who are viewing this thread

What's the chance there's nothing they've broken in the process of fixing these? lol

No offence to the devs intended, honestly. This game is early access still after all, but everytime I start a new campaign with a new patch or fix, there's always some tiny thing that's game-breaking that hasn't been there before.

Man, it's always the same. Why can't there be one patch without a game-breaking bug?

Man, it's always the same. Why can't there be one patch without a game-breaking bug?
From playing and being on here since about 1.4.2, I get the impression that many of the issues aren't necessarily in development, but some flaws in code branching/version control/build & deployment processes.

I dont think I trust the education system. Will it result in the same spread of attributes that dont correspond to the job the person does and wasted skill points that the companions have. I think I would rather start my characters at level zero than get broken characters with a 1 in intelligence, 6 in Vigor, and 80 points in engineering.

Last edited:
I dont think I trust the education system. Will it result in the same spread of attributes that dont correspond to the job the person does and wasted skill points that the companions have. I think I would rather start my characters at level zero than get broken characters with a 1 in intelligence and 80 points in engineering.
Seems like it’s the same as the current character creation choices, but instead of choosing all at once it prompts you to choose once they hit that age. Sounds simple enough

Can we get some fix on this ridiculous marriage "interview" system? Having the same stupid conversation million times is not fun at all.
I used to save/reload in each campaign, but I tried to do it without save/load cheat now and got no success in 50 attempts. Not fun really. Actually I would appreciate if I could skip or disable these conversations for good.
Is there actaully anybody who enjoys this mechanic of the game? I would appreciate just one section on candidate detail in the keep, the % of probability of accepting marriage. With small failure chance if the percentage is high.

Can we get some fix on this ridiculous marriage "interview" system? Having the same stupid conversation million times is not fun at all.
I used to save/reload in each campaign, but I tried to do it without save/load cheat now and got no success in 50 attempts. Not fun really. Actually I would appreciate if I could skip or disable these conversations for good.
Is there actaully anybody who enjoys this mechanic of the game? I would appreciate just one section on candidate detail in the keep, the % of probability of accepting marriage. With small failure chance if the percentage is high.
se i preferd the Warband way of having to go out and find poets to teach you poetry to then try and impress the lady while now its a pot luck

however i wouldnt be surpised now thate death and marriage are working maybe it will be changed

Honestly I would just add magical shield radius like warband for SP and adjust so that shield unit could survive and have the shield HP/stats be the factor in how long they can last against ranged. Also let them move with shield up more freely (in SP) and not do the 'up-down shield pumping' thing they do as they move. If the human players want to out flank them and shoot them in the back(or feets) FINE, but when they approach head on they should covered and only lower tier infantry should get their shield blasted of easily, t4-6 should be reasonably able to close in...... of course as a human you can always out play this but it would be more then just sitting and shooting.

IMO ranged should mostly be effective against t1-4 units, punishing fodder units and clearing it up for the heavy hitters. I would have the armor/damage calculation works so heavy armored units could take a lot more shots. I would have heavy cav be the ultimate weapon but be offset with even more difficulty in obtaining them and maintaining them, but make them a devastating weapon that must be answered directly or they massacre lower tier troops with near invincibility.

As far as the offensive issues with Cav and Inf I really still don't understand why they miss their attacks or get hit enough to really say what should change.
I would absolutely make sure higher tier units can land a hit over lower tiers, other wise there's not much point in them. Also AI has no business swinging their weapons against other AI if it's not going to connect...... if it gest blocked of they get staggered that's fine but whiffing is stupid, AI doesn't dodge or anything like that so AI missing attacks shows a serious problem. If they want to simulate some incompetency with lower tier troops, fine, but t4+ has no business wiffing.

Yeah, magical shield radius could work for sure but it will not happen because of Multiplayer. I suppose that like a lot of singleplayers do not care much about balancing, the ones who care about it are not much prioritary here and we are in second place behind captain mode players.

I have read in the MP forum that TW is focusing on fixing and balancing Captain Mode and it looks like devs do not care if they break SP in order to balance Captain Mode. At least devs are also checking and fixing the cavalry AI because their lovely Captain Mode players are also complaining about it xD.

And you have brough a pretty relevant point here, it is ok if the player makes some work and manage to flank the AI, what bothers me more about the current archers vs infantry performance, is that archers are still wrecking infantry units in shield wall without flanking or doing anything (now it is even worse due to shield wall speed debuff), it is simply insane.

Good morning all,

Since the hotflix of 25/11, is the death of characters in combat imposed?
The option to deactivate it has disappeared and I just saw a notification saying that a lord had died in combat (although I had indeed deactivated it when creating the game).

It was initially visible in the campaign options, it is no longer.

Thank you in advance

The TW staff doesn't even give a damn to respond. How great?

If you get the 75 athletics perk "Having Going" you won't be able to fail the marriage dialogue, you're just too damn fit and sexy I guess.

Now you have to hurry up and find good wife. Otherwise, all good wifes will be taken by someone else. Hate this guy Seranor , married Ira before me. I'm curious though, if Seranor dies and Ira becomes a widow, can I marry her?

Now you have to hurry up and find good wife. Otherwise, all good wifes will be taken by someone else. Hate this guy Seranor , married Ira before me. I'm curious though, if Seranor dies and Ira becomes a widow, can I marry her?

Yep, this is annoying. I feel rushed, I am rushed in life already. :smile: Yes, if the husband dies you can re marry the widow, I did it.

Back
Top Bottom