Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody installing their favorite mods and going off to play their own private versions of the game isn't going to help make the base game any better. The whole point of early access is to get player feedback, otherwise they could've just kept on developing it behind closed doors and not have to listen to our complaints. Don't worry, they're grownups. They can handle it.
This, 100%. I think we all sense the game's long-term appeal will come from amazing full-conversion mods like Prophesy of Pendor or ACOK was for Warband. The point of Early Access should be to get the game's core systems and features to a much better place, so those eventual mods can build on strong foundations. It's one of the reasons why I stick, for now, to unmodded playthroughs.
Yes and yes

About economy:

- Caravans feel right to me after the last hotfix. I am getting 300-600 daily from each one.
- Workshops have been a bit overnerfed. I am just getting +-50 daily from most of them (Sturgia towns). I am just getting +150 from a Smithy in Seonon. Workshops should give between 100-300 IMO (300 just the better ones).
- All equipment is overpriced so I can still become rich without problems just selling loot. I do not even need to exploit smithing like people are reporting. Please reduce all item cost, even T1 equipment is overpriced and I can get 1K killing small looters parties.

Anyway, It is starting to look good and It is not as easy as before to become rich in the first 200 days. Thanks.

Same. I cannot rely on caravan and workshop as in 1.3 patch. Caravan get around 500 and workshop around 50+. Only selling loot is the most reliable source of income in this patch. Now, passive income is not enough to pay daily cost.

Same. I cannot rely on caravan and workshop as in 1.3 patch. Caravan get around 500 and workshop around 50+. Only selling loot is the most reliable source of income in this patch. Now, passive income is not enough to pay daily cost.

I was able to get two workshops up making jewelry and oil in different cities and was making 200 each a day. In this play through I do feel like I have to go to war basically. And spend time selling crafted items to buy said workshops.

I didn’t have time to stop chasing looters, doing tournaments, and selling crafted items until I had one party making money, a castle, and 2 workshops, to keep up a stack of 120 and stay in the green.

Can we give all 2h weapons the ability to cleave trough multiple opponents. I find it weird that this is only for axes and nod swords and maces.

Shouldn't prices for goods be better in the villages than in the town those villages are attached too? That's how it was in Warband and earlier versions of Bannerlord but the latest patch has the villages about 5 denars more expensive than the town, on average.

Caravans are giving me a good amount of money and sometimes I have got +1000 daily from one of my caravans, but most of the times I get 300-600. I find the current income from caravans ok to be honest.

Concerning workshops, I have found some of them giving a good amount of money like Smithy in Seonon (250-300 daily). And I am now getting +100 from most of my workshops but I am still getting 50 from some others. I think the workshops have been just slightly overnerfed, but the current situation is much better IMO and makes more sense.

I just hope that equipment costs get fixed because the do not make sense at all currently, especially high tier equipment which is insanely inflated.

Caravans are giving me a good amount of money and sometimes I have got +1000 daily from one of my caravans, but most of the times I get 300-600. I find the current income from caravans ok to be honest.

Concerning workshops, I have found some of them giving a good amount of money like Smithy in Seonon (250-300 daily). And I am now getting +100 from most of my workshops but I am still getting 50 from some others. I think the workshops have been just slightly overnerfed, but the current situation is much better IMO and makes more sense.

I just hope that equipment costs get fixed because the do not make sense at all currently, especially high tier equipment which is insanely inflated.

I'm wondering if they'll nerf smithies soon. You can still get 300 plus from smithies in the right cities line Epicrotea, Maranuth, and Seonon.

Hopefully they won't, but every time I think I have workshops figured out they nerf whatever it is that I'm doing.

Found another crash, picked bandits near village from Lantharis. Cave is south of the village on the mountain. When i go there on the map game crashes.

Why is this such a huge recurring theme on the forums? We know there are mods out there but we’ve seen how the best mods are limited by the base game and now is the time to put our two cents in...
because this is a BETA EARLY Access thread and some ppl complain like the game is released and the devs let them down
i 100% agree that critc is a good thing but bashing is totally uncalled

Tanneries are broken since the last patch. In the clan/other screen it is now said that they consume leather as input instead of hides. This would explain the bug?

Tanneries are broken since the last patch. In the clan/other screen it is now said that they consume leather as input instead of hides. This would explain the bug?
lol yes the first time i tried tanneries in 500 hours because everyone said they are OP and now they make me 15g

Thanks! I think I understand that. If the party's money supply is less than 5000, then their wages and income are separated, but over 5000, they're combined?
Yeah, kind of. Below the lower threshold (which is actually 5000 + Caravan Wages) the player pays the caravan's wages out of pocket. Then between the lower threshold of (5000 + Caravan Wages) and the upper threshold of 10000, your caravan is not providing you any income, but is still paying for their own wages from their gold on hand. Above 10k gold is when they begin paying the player income. The player is paid 10% of the gold the caravan has above the 10k threshold per day, then the caravan also pays its own wages on top of that. Income is only generated if the caravan has >10k gold though.

Everybody installing their favorite mods and going off to play their own private versions of the game isn't going to help make the base game any better. The whole point of early access is to get player feedback, otherwise they could've just kept on developing it behind closed doors and not have to listen to our complaints. Don't worry, they're grownups. They can handle it.
Exactly, that is why I give my feedback on many issues whether it is popular or not. I figure if it is good they might use it if not they just ignore it. I am happy that I actually get input into the game and I try my best to give as much as possible. Every crash I fill out a detailed TWcrash message. I hope they can take some of my suggestions and use them, if not at least my voice was hear, I can't ask for more.
I am waiting a bit but have a great idea for children in the game and their abilities when they grow up and hope like crazy they will listen since I think the idea is amazing, however I know they are real busy and I don't want to bombard them. As long as it is stable, fun to play and they are making a good effort to keep improving I am totally happy.

Okay, so there's something of a gold duplicating exploit with caravans right now because of the apparent bug where the gold that you exchange with your caravan when buying and selling items is not kept or lost by the caravan. If you sell items, including loot, to your caravan you get to keep all of the money that you gain during the transaction, but your caravan's gold reverts back to the previous amount it had once you hit done. Well, your caravan will now go sell those same items during its trading runs. Since this gold is eventually transfered to you as profits, you're essentially double dipping on all item sales over time. You can easily get your caravan up to some pretty high income levels if you sell medium value equipment to them. Seems to work best with high trade skill companions.

Caravan-Exploit.png

Can we give all 2h weapons the ability to cleave trough multiple opponents. I find it weird that this is only for axes and nod swords and maces.
As @Bob The Mexican notes, 2H maces can cleave.

I have wondered why swords don't. Some thoughts as to why this might be intentional:

Swords can thrust while the other types can't (some blunts can thrust, but its still blunt damage not pierce). While thrust attacks are not very exciting at the moment, presumably that will be balanced and the additional tactical flexibility of thrust attacks can be important.

Are there hand and a half maces and axes? Swords can be crafted or bought in this format (Bastard Swords). There is potential for technical complications and balance questions about a hand and a half weapon being able to cleave.

Swords usually have longer range than axe and blunt weapons.

I agree it feels odd intuitively that 2H swords don't cleave when the other types do, but there are logical arguments for why it might be better that they don't.

This, 100%. I think we all sense the game's long-term appeal will come from amazing full-conversion mods like Prophesy of Pendor or ACOK was for Warband. The point of Early Access should be to get the game's core systems and features to a much better place, so those eventual mods can build on strong foundations. It's one of the reasons why I stick, for now, to unmodded playthroughs.
This doesn't make any sense to me, the mods so far have been fantastic at helping solve a lot of issues. I doubt they are unaware of the popular mods on the game and i have seen a dev on the forums say they will take a look at a mod before to see how they solved an issue. The modding tools not being out right now means a majority of mods are adding in needed fixes or basic nice content that they can look at and hopefully implement in their own, more thought out way. I am not saying that modders should be fixing in place of the devs but I don't see why you shouldn't enjoy the game to its fullest right now and help improve the popularity of mods that solve core issues and amazing basic features, giving them more attention doesn't really have a downside unless the devs decide that they are gonna let mods fix issues and leave them in the game.

Right now there are tons of mods that have really interesting ways of fixing some of the games issues and its great for inspiration, it would be nice if they would credit some of the people pouring time into fixing the game if they use their methods for fixes or use them as a foundation to implement in a more thorough way. The modding community has been the backbone for why SP warband was so good for so long why shun that?

There will be developments about lord defections from player kingdom in next version probably 1.4.3, lords will not defect easily. However it is interesting what you said even for 1.4.1. Did a clan leave you even you have 100 relation with them and they have settlements? Can you upload your save game?

I can, but I am not sure how to do that. Should I send you a DM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom