[Beta Patch] Is there absolutely no heavy Vlandian armor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Title says it all, i've been looking in Vlandia for a long time and fighting their troops for ever as a mercenary. I feel like getting the roguery skill will help push the envelope a little bit but right now I can't get anything past Leather Scale Armor. I haven't seen any closed helms, no plate gloves, nothing. So... am I wrong? Please tell me i'm wrong and just not finding it.

Tabard over chainmail. It's around the best you're going to get
That's actually exactly the armor I am looking for. Is that available in the game right now? Is it lootable? Do you purchase it? Does it randomly fall out of the Kings rear end? Seriously, looking everywhere and not seeing this. I am wholesale slaughtering Vlandian troops as a mercenary of the Western Empire and none of them are dropping it. What do I have to do to get this stuff? I know Roguery is going to be a factor but as I stated before, does Clan Tier have a say in it?

yep, weapons too
Holy cow. Pardon me while I get some windex and stuff to clean up all the brain bits across my screen with this absolutely mind blowing revelation. All this time I was thinking, man how is this stuff not in the beta yet, and it was. I am so sorry Talesworld. Thank you, friend. I would give you happiness and thumbs up, but unfortunately i can not. So here's a picture of a rabbit with a pancake on his head.

That's actually exactly the armor I am looking for. Is that available in the game right now? Is it lootable? Do you purchase it? Does it randomly fall out of the Kings rear end? Seriously, looking everywhere and not seeing this. I am wholesale slaughtering Vlandian troops as a mercenary of the Western Empire and none of them are dropping it. What do I have to do to get this stuff? I know Roguery is going to be a factor but as I stated before, does Clan Tier have a say in it?
I got it from winning Vlandian nobles. It's probably rare or nonexistent in towns

You will never see any tier 5 Vlandian armor that you can buy or loot. Some say the only way to get it is to marry a Vlandian noble and take it from them. There is of course a mod to fix this called Item Fixer. That mod actually makes the heaviest armor appear for sale.

You will never see any tier 5 Vlandian armor that you can buy or loot. Some say the only way to get it is to marry a Vlandian noble and take it from them. There is of course a mod to fix this called Item Fixer. That mod actually makes the heaviest armor appear for sale.

Incorrect.

I was able to purchase the 'red tabbard over mail' T6 armor in a town, while at clan rank 3.
I have also found legionaire armor in a former imp town, which is even better, but cost a cool 99k.

I am on the beta build.

If it is true, as people are saying, that you only see high-tier equipment at clan tier 5, then that is ridiculous. How are the Imperial cataphracts buying their armour if they aren't from Tier 5 clans?

In Warband, the best armour was in shops from the beginning of the game, but it wasn't unbalanced because you couldn't afford it until later. What's wrong with that system?

If it is true, as people are saying, that you only see high-tier equipment at clan tier 5, then that is ridiculous. How are the Imperial cataphracts buying their armour if they aren't from Tier 5 clans?

In Warband, the best armour was in shops from the beginning of the game, but it wasn't unbalanced because you couldn't afford it until later. What's wrong with that system?

Except, it isn't true. So no worries.

Clan Tier 3
12u72pV.jpg

Red Tabbard over Mail - bought from a town
q810TRr.jpg

Legionary Armor - avail in town
KOqC9g4.jpg

The best vlandian armor I have found is:
Coat of Plates Over Mail

Weight: 25.1
Armor Tier: 6
Type: Body Armor
Body Armor: 46
Leg Armor: 14
Arm Armor: 18

I've never seen it in a shop, but I married a vlandian lord and swapped armor with him.

Well. I am having an absolute blast with this Vlandian mercenary playthrough so I will keep you all posted. So far the best thing I found at Tier 3 was: Visored Helmet Over Padded Coif
Weight 2.5
Armor Tier : 6
Type : Head Armor
Head Armor : 35

As a Steppe Horseman, I'm finding a little T6 armor in the capital now. Clan Rank 3. I had just become a vassal when it showed up, not sure if that is important or not, just when I noticed it. Was not on the beta last night when this occurred.

Back
Top Bottom