• Rhodoks

Votes: 35 9.9%
  • Vaegirs

Votes: 35 9.9%
  • Khergits

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I dont think swadia is good due to their position, they are in the middle of everything, have 5 different chokepoints in their territory and all the factions strive to destroy them....

Sarranid Sultanate all the way.
Vaegir/Swadia tied for second.
Huscarls are awsome but are slow and I only use them when besieging towns and castles.
Khergist are weak and flimsey and make field battles long for no reason.
Rhodok's get last place because their Sharpshooters and board shields piss me off.

de Worth said:
Sarranid Sultanate all the way.
Vaegir/Swadia tied for second.
Huscarls are awsome but are slow and I only use them when besieging towns and castles.
Khergist are weak and flimsey and make field battles long for no reason.
Rhodok's get last place because their Sharpshooters and board shields piss me off.

So far an army of 90 nord huscarls with a bit of tactics has killed anything in my way, so-so far I am going for them as best, I've played sarranids but they have disadvantages in territory (not amount but location) and lack of armor...

Rhodoks seem to be incredibly resistant...So far I`ve had no problems with swadians,nords,vaegirs and sarranids drop like flies when you take down the marm`s  :mrgreen:

Rhodoks have 1 big city left,and they still have about 2000 soldiers....so I can`t exacly rush the bastards xD

Rhodoks get my vote

+1 for Sarranids.
Sarranids definitely have some of the best horseman Calradia has to offer. 30-40 Sarranid Mamlukes can easily cripple an army of more then a hundred with minimal casualties, on an open battle field, that is.

I do admit though, Sarranids are pure crap when it comes to sieges. :cry: The AI lords bearly ever have archers, and the mamlukes get nailed with arrows and bolts with their small shields.

Colonel Greed said:
Rhodoks seem to be incredibly resistant...So far I`ve had no problems with swadians,nords,vaegirs and sarranids drop like flies when you take down the marm`s  :mrgreen:

Rhodoks have 1 big city left,and they still have about 2000 soldiers....so I can`t exacly rush the bastards xD

Rhodoks get my vote

Unless I play as the Rhodoks... they simply piss me off. Their castles and towns are near impenetrable, even though they get mauled on open battlefields.

Yeah the crossbows tear down my units before they even reach the ladders,and when you actually get up there,the bastards still have shields xD

On the battlefield I just run them down

I'm trying to make a neutral army of Sword Sisters + Manhunters with small detachments of Mamelukes, SKnights, and KVHArchers.  Instead of going for a battle badass, I'm trying to make a high Leadership/Persuasion/Slaver kind of guy.  I'm planning on running around trading and slaving until all my companions are geared to death or with very high party skills before I piss off any of the other factions (hurts trading when I can't go to some cities).

Position wise sarranids just got shoved into the back of the map so nobody can really get to them. The rhodoks new lands are quite awesome because of the hills of confusion

barcibus said:
I'm trying to make a neutral army of Sword Sisters + Manhunters with small detachments of Mamelukes, SKnights, and KVHArchers.  Instead of going for a battle badass, I'm trying to make a high Leadership/Persuasion/Slaver kind of guy.  I'm planning on running around trading and slaving until all my companions are geared to death or with very high party skills before I piss off any of the other factions (hurts trading when I can't go to some cities).

I tried that, but after a while(In my case, about 200 game days) you become bored with cow-herding and merchant runs. There aren't enough quests I think. And chasing bandits doesn't earn you the xp/renown that beeing in an army does - so it will take a long while to become powerful.
However I do stick to the Charismatic character thing I set out for, with Leadership the main focus.
I stopped at 15 in both strenght and dexterity - should that be enough?

Edit: Forgot topic :p I think Nord are the better one, due to the geographical advantage of not having to bother with one border(water), and having those  Huscarls at the top of the ladder when defending a siege. Nevermind them having one city less initially - if they get a new one they are bound to keep it. And they are fun to be a vassal of too, beeing all aggresive and giving you lots to do.

Swadians or Nords, with the Sarranids close behind.
Rhodoks sucks, their Lords tend to get owned even if they got more and better troops than they opponents..
Had a game as Rhodoks where we was at war with the Swadians, and they only had Praven left, they still kicked Rhodoks Lords a**

Full party of huscarls, massed three ranks deep. Just pick a hill and watch them slaughter everyone. Really, with 60 huscarls even the parties of the Kings (200+) are easy slaughter.

Besides that, they own sieges. With the mentioned 60 huscarls, castle garrisons of 130-150 are easy pickings.

So, Nords.

Nords! they can kick the but of any cavalry that charges them because its pretty stinking hard to move a horse when you are surrounded by hurscals and the hurscal IS the best infantry unit it was designed to be like that and it is and heck I've gotten scared myself when they all start using throwing axes.

This is a very tough choice, all the factions are incredibly balanced.

Swadian and Sarranid cavalry are both great, but the Swadians have better archers and infantry.

Rhodoks have AMAZING archers, far better than Vaegir archers.

On the other hand Vaegir have a good mix of cavalry and archers.

And finally Nord infantry kicks serious ass.

If I had to choose... Swadians.

This is a very tough choice, all the factions are incredibly balanced.

Are you seriously serious? :smile:

Try playing with Mamluks and Rhodok sharpshooters. Mamluk are way better. Sharpshooters are excellent in ideal conditions, yea BUT

Player controlling Mameluks will do better than player controlling sharpshooters. And that's how SP balance is measured. Not what would happen if Sharpshooters had nice steep hill every time.

Back
Top Bottom