• Rhodoks

Votes: 35 9.9%
  • Vaegirs

Votes: 35 9.9%
  • Khergits

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Vaegirs. The Khergits learned this the hard way when they tried besieging Ichamur earlier. 400 horsemen brutally slain as they attempted to climb my ladder without the approval of my 20 Marksmen and Guards. Only one lancer made it in, and he took an axe to the skull for his efforts.

People who say "Swadia" are still playing original MnB. This is Warband thread. Try Mamlukes and you'll vote Sarranid as well.

I have a soft spot for Nord infantry and their throwing weapons. My favourite defensive maneuver is to have them hold position just behind the top of a hill(safe from enemy archers and such,) and once the enemy line gets close enough, have them get to the top of the hill. The enemy then receives an absolutely massive barrage of throwing axes, throwing spears, javelins and such. Unless the enemy has lots of heavily armoured horsemen on top, the screen is usually filled with green "xxx troop type x killed by Nord Veteran/Huscarl/whatever" in a bat of an eyelash. It's awesome.

Best combination of overpowered troops and faction position has to be Saranids; Swadia just has too many borders and tends to lose a lot early from the games I have played so far. Khergits are the easiest to play early on and Vaegirs can be rather nasty. The Nords (despite my personal love of them) are rather weak and the Rhodoks are just hopeless outside of sieges.

Khergits!

There second rank in training allows them to ride horses. 
Also you start out with 4 riding skill if you choose your father to to be a steppe wanderer and you to be a steppe child.

I'm glad to have a mamlukes
EAsy to get than manhunter and very havey armor with mace, sweet. Downside, it's might not good for take over town, since they won't kill them to keep a number low, but I glad I may get I need, I do need heavy cavory with mace.

Will go with Khergit, for the premium movement speed and because you don't have to rely on power of high tier unit to have an important impact on enemy force. But I admit there is a major disadvantage for siege assault with Khergit compared to other faction.

What is the vaegir major advantage? I have never figured that out, I mean swadians and sarranids have awesome knights, nords have awesome infantry, rhodoks have a lot of crossbowmen and sergeants, but vaegirs just have lancers and average infantry, what is their major advantage?

lifehole said:
What is the vaegir major advantage? I have never figured that out, I mean swadians and sarranids have awesome knights, nords have awesome infantry, rhodoks have a lot of crossbowmen and sergeants, but vaegirs just have lancers and average infantry, what is their major advantage?

Archers.  unmatched by anyone.  put even a moderate number of them on top of a hill/on the walls, give them a clear line of fire, and they can devastate even a large force with shields.

Back
Top Bottom