Best sensitivity for duelists

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all decent duelists
Since warband, I find it it's easier to block with low sens (450 dpi, 30% in bannerlord) but it sacrifices attacking complexity. And my blocking gets unreliable as sens goes up. Trying to balance it but it's quite hard to find the ideal sens for me.

What mouse setting u guys are using? Wanna find out the popular one and I'll try it out / adjust it as I play

My horizontal sensitivity is around 65. I forgot about the vertical sensitivity. If you're having problems with unreliable blocks don't forget to tweak the vertical one, as that option didn't exist in Warband.

My horizontal sensitivity is around 65. I forgot about the vertical sensitivity. If you're having problems with unreliable blocks don't forget to tweak the vertical one, as that option didn't exist in Warband.
Is that the one named vetical movement scale for direction gestures? I only see one setting for mouse sensitivity

Is that the one named vetical movement scale for direction gestures? I only see one setting for mouse sensitivity
Yeah, that changes the sensitivity for up/down blocks and attacks, I believe. It was quite handy for me fine-tuning that.

I don't think it changes your actual mouse sensitivity in terms of mouse movement, but how much you have to move the mouse to register as going up or down.

Yeah, that changes the sensitivity for up/down blocks and attacks, I believe. It was quite handy for me fine-tuning that.
I changed it from 1.5 default setting to 0.25, the lowest one, but nothing changes. It also says that it does not affect camera movement. Don't know why this setting exists

I changed it from 1.5 default setting to 0.25, the lowest one, but nothing changes. It also says that it does not affect camera movement. Don't know why this setting exists
So there's no difference in when it's registering up/down blocks? For me I found it useful because when I'd go to block side-ways, if the mouse moved even slightly upwards it would block up instead of side-ways. It should make it so you have to move the mouse further vertically to register as an up/down block/attack.

Lowering the sensitivity seemed to help for me unless I was just placebo'ing out.

Vertical movement scale changes how much you look up/down relative to the same camera movement. Best example to test this is with cav - the lance will angle more or less depending on the scale while keeping the same camera travel distance.

Lowering the sensitivity seemed to help for me unless I was just placebo'ing out.
No you're not placebo-ing it out. That setting does work. OP simply doesn't specify the kind of unreliability he's having. It doesn't seem to be vertical blocking by accident. If it's unreliable horizontal blocking, I have no idea. I guess just get used to it.

BL rewards slightly higher sens compared to Warband due to the further back swing positions (need to turn more for quick attack) and lack of turncap (so you are encouraged to turn harder into attacks). The movement speed also requires a bit higher sens in my experience, at 400dpi/50% I found people spamming while strafing around me a little difficult to keep tracking, at 700 dpi it's fine. In Warband at 400dpi/40% can easily keep everyone in the centre and am at no disadvantage for ease of quick attacks.

BL rewards slightly higher sens compared to Warband due to the further back swing positions (need to turn more for quick attack) and lack of turncap (so you are encouraged to turn harder into attacks). The movement speed also requires a bit higher sens in my experience, at 400dpi/50% I found people spamming while strafing around me a little difficult to keep tracking, at 700 dpi it's fine. In Warband at 400dpi/40% can easily keep everyone in the centre and am at no disadvantage for ease of quick attacks.
don't believe whatever this man is saying, he can't even block basic attacks

Inverse players should be banned for cheating
41P7w+2sv-L.jpg

are you proud of your absolutely broken inverse feints?
Yes. with exception that they're not broken, you haven't seen any good feitns in warband, if you think mine is broken lol. all I do is basic inverse feints that would be blockable by literally ANYONE in warband since there's no block delay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom