BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[BEAST 5] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we already had an hours long talk about this.
So either you disbelieve me, in which case telling you again is pointless
or you simply think my time is less valuable than your time (and remember that I am dealing with many teams therefore its your seconds against my hours) in which case discussing with you is a further waste of my time.

we already had an hours long talk about this.
So either you disbelieve me, in which case telling you again is pointless
or you simply think my time is less valuable than your time (and remember that I am dealing with many teams therefore its your seconds against my hours) in which case discussing with you is a further waste of my time.
Yes we've had hours of discussion on it already and not once in those hours have you told how it helps you because you refused to disclose this information. With the information that was given there is still zero reason or added benefit for this tag to help you in any way.

I frankly think if having an extra tag even though teams are in different divisions makes your work so much easier then your system is not as good as it could be - read: inefficient.
As I said then and as I will say again now, without knowing how you use it exactly, I fully agree with what Namakan is saying here in that your system seems to be inefficient at best and I repeat my offer to help you improve upon it either technically or nontechnical.

We should already be grateful these admins are hosting a tournament for us to participate in.
If they then say a very simple rule to follow for us all will safe them time in doing so, then what's the point even discussing and questioning this?

Changing a tag takes you personally just a second, maybe a few if you're a slow typer, so I really don't see the problem in just obbeying this rule.

In the time you wrote down these posts you could have changed your tag 100's of times...

We should already be grateful these admins are hosting a tournament for us to participate in.
If they then say a very simple rule to follow for us all will safe them time in doing so, then what's the point even discussing and questioning this?

Changing a tag takes you personally just a second, maybe a few if you're a slow typer, so I really don't see the problem in just obbeying this rule.

In the time you wrote down these posts you could have changed your tag 100's of times...
Again coming from someone that isn't required to use one :grin:

Don't get me wrong I am grateful to all the things the admins do for this tournament but that is no reason not to be critical about things that appear to be entirely nonsensical and should be improved upon, this applies to both the choice of a BST timezone instead of the international GMT system which is hugely biased in favor of British people and makes zero sense to others and having to mandatorily use a team tag which seems to serve no actual purpose except for a reason which is for some reason a huge secret that nobody is allowed to know about.

I also offered my time and expertise to help out to improve both of those things if not more so that admins won't be burdened by applying those improvements.

Last edited:
What's the real deal in keeping a tag though? To see who you are fighting? Doesn't matter, since I could just have some div A guy change his name to my team and have him play for me. Unless you are controlling everyone who plays, its really pointless having a tag. Let the clans and people decide what name they want to use with/without tags. Enforcing it without an argument in support (eg. Yamis native scripts) is just a way for you admin to abuse your powers

Andrew is right, since we're obviously high on our power trip, for next season every player needs to send me a copy of his ID and a urine sample.
I don't agree with Andrew at all on his accusation, but the fact remains a good argument has yet to be provided. This can all easily be solved if you'd be more transparent on the issue and just tell us what you are using it for instead of this weird secrecy.

Andrew is right, since we're obviously high on our power trip, for next season every player needs to send me a copy of his ID and a urine sample.
Still not sure why you wanted a video of the sampling process, but we were happy to provide

(Just pretend he wrote this season so my joke makest sense please)

Very impressed by the admin team that somehow manages to **** over the team that offers to play entire weekend - including friday - instead of the team that offers to only play thursday. Especially given the context that it's not about gathering enough players to play the match.

Thought nothing could beat a competetive match that both teams want to lose, but here you go.
Superb display of incompetence.

Very impressed by the admin team that somehow manages to **** over the team that offers to play entire weekend - including friday - instead of the team that offers to only play thursday. Especially given the context that it's not about gathering enough players to play the match.

Thought nothing could beat a competetive match that both teams want to lose, but here you go.
Superb display of incompetence.

Honestly I think your case is strong enough with misrepresenting it.

VW offered Tues, Weds, Thurs
DoF offered Fri. Sat, Sun
The admin decided that given the intransigence of both teams the fair solution was to play one set on a day nominated by each team.

That DoF have decided they can play both sets on Thursday after all is down to Dof not to the admin team.

The alternative to allowing the teams to select a mutually convenient time is for the admins to set times from the start. This would always have been the preferred option for admins.

It is becoming increasingly common for some users of this forum to throw a tantrum and post an untrue version of events when everything does not go exactly as they want it to.

Admins already spend a great deal of time making the tournament for everyone. They should not have to, and do not have time to, correct every untrue, irrational, misleading statement posted here.

If you are tempted to post impugning the integrity of the admins, take the time instead to consider how differently you would feel if you were a member of the other team. And reflect that admins have to consider the tournament as a whole not one person's petty demands.

Last edited:
No I'm not actually throwing a tantrum I'm simply calling you out on your bull****.
First of all offering to play tuesday on tuesday doesn't even count what stupidity is that.

I'm always in for allowing teams to find the best time to play for both sides resulting in the best competition possible. But if one team is being straight up **** refusing to play the entire weekend, not because they're unable to field the number of players required to actually play the match, but the fact that they lack certain players it's crossing a line. Especially considering the way they communicated it. Given also the context that it's ****ing summer and european football cup running surely playing on the weekends should be considered the default option.

You're giving the team that tried to allow for a proper scheduling 2 completly stupid choices to pick from.
Playing the match on 2 days- one map each is so ridiculously stupid i won't even call this a choice.
So then why is our other option to play on the day they want to play on which is bad for us. How does this make any kind of sense.

If I was a member of the other team i'd tell my leaders to get their **** together and change their approach of communication. Either you ask nicely if you're very limited to playing on specific days which are not normal because of you wanting to field the best roster possible (which is fair) or you simply suck it up and accept the fact that you're the team thats being beyond unreasonable and agree to playing on a day where you can gather enough players to play.
Also considering they played last weeks match during the week too, if they're unable to play on the weekends troughout the tournament i would've simply not signed up with that roster.

I don't even care about the result I'm playing here for fun without any care about winning or losing, but this is such a clownshow that it needs to be pointed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does kind of defeat the point of having a large roster if you only play when you have your strongest. Not naming names but when I tried to enter as a free agent for a team that was struggling numbers wise to schedule matches, I got offers from 3 different teams who have massive rosters of like 20+ players. What is the point in having large rosters if you won't use them?

No I'm not actually throwing a tantrum I'm simply calling you out on your bull****.
First of all offering to play tuesday on tuesday doesn't even count what stupidity is that.

I'm always in for allowing teams to find the best time to play for both sides resulting in the best competition possible. But if one team is being straight up **** refusing to play the entire weekend, not because they're unable to field the number of players required to actually play the match, but the fact that they lack certain players it's crossing a line. Especially considering the way they communicated it. Given also the context that it's ****ing summer and european football cup running surely playing on the weekends should be considered the default option.

You're giving the team that tried to allow for a proper scheduling 2 completly stupid choices to pick from.
Playing the match on 2 days- one map each is so ridiculously stupid i won't even call this a choice.
So then why is our other option to play on the day they want to play on which is bad for us. How does this make any kind of sense.

If I was a member of the other team i'd tell my leaders to get their **** together and change their approach of communication. Either you ask nicely if you're very limited to playing on specific days which are not normal because of you wanting to field the best roster possible (which is fair) or you simply suck it up and accept the fact that you're the team thats being beyond unreasonable and agree to playing on a day where you can gather enough players to play.
Also considering they played last weeks match during the week too, if they're unable to play on the weekends troughout the tournament i would've simply not signed up with that roster.

I don't even care about the result I'm playing here for fun without any care about winning or losing, but this is such a clownshow that it needs to be pointed out.
Just so you know Europe cup 8th finals are this weekend on both Saturday and Sunday from 18:00 till 23:00 making the weekend less likely for people to be available not that that had anything to do with it as we don't have many football fans. Thursday/Friday are actually match free days so I don't understand your point there.

There's also no rule that matches must be played on the weekends so why are you hammering on this so much?

Last edited:
Just so you know Europe cup semi finals are this weekend on both Saturday and Sunday from 18:00 till 23:00 making the weekend less likely for people to be available not that that had anything to do with it as we don't have many football fans. Thursday/Friday are actually match free days so I don't understand your point there.

There's also no rule that matches must be played on the weekends so why are you hammering on this so much?
Just so you know people usually are busy in weekdays because of work, other commitmens and keep the week-end to do whatever they prefer, making it less likely for them to be available on weekdays.
Friday was also a day that was offered.
Next time if you have problems with your schedule, you let the opponents know right away and don't wait to be asked when you're free to play, that is common courtesy and respect for the opponent . Imagine offering tuesday as a day on tuesday morning...
I'm not going to bother on what the admins proposed as a solution, can't say i've ever seen it done, it literally speaks for itself...

Last edited:
Just so you know people usually are busy in weekdays because of work, other commitmens and keep the week-end to do whatever they prefer, making it less likely for them to be available on weekdays.
Friday was also a day that was offered.
Next time if you have problems with your schedule, you let the opponents know right away and don't wait to be asked when you're free to play, that is common courtesy and respect for the opponent . Imagine offering tuesday as a day on tuesday morning...
I'm not going to bother on what the admins proposed as a solution, can't say i've ever seen it done, it literally speaks for itself...
No, you are usually busy on weekdays cause of work etc. Some people work weekends or choose to schedule their other commitments differently, besides as long as you can make it work for both sides what the heck is the problem really. Nothing wrong with scheduling it for the same day either as long as both sides consent. You except people to schedule a month in advance?

All the scheduling is done on Monday to Wednesday, communicating availability on Tuesday so people have some time to talk to their team is entirely reasonable. Proposing to play on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday is also entirely reasonable. Hell as long as both sides agree you can even play at 4am.

Last edited:
Hello,

Just saw the messages about the scheduling.

Long story short : the rules don't set a precise day in the week or a fixed schedule, and let the teams find agreement within the whole week.
That is the point that lets those kind of situations happen.

Next beast, just define a precise schedule before start of the season and this won't happen again (like most "collective game" leagues do - for solo games it's less of a problem to leave the scheduling to the players).

Things about week-ends or week days are just a point a view within the rules, so we can talk about it for days and hundreds of messages, but in the end it doesn't matter because nobody is wrong, the rules say the match has to be played between monday and sunday.
You can think week-ends are an obvious choice, but for example for me it's not. I have more important stuff to do most of week-ends, and I find it normal to play BL on week day evenings like many other people have hobbies on those days and reserve their week-ends for family or more demanding activities.
But it's just my point of view, and again both are acceptable regarding the rules.

You can't complain about people playing within the rules.
And it's a mistake to complain against the people that make them.

But you can complain about the rules, suggest changes and make them improve towards your point of view.

Kwen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom