BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Soarerv8
The Beast Administration team are currently planning and preparing for Beast 9. Due to time constraints pre-Christmas/New year and allowing another tournament to go ahead Beast 9.Sign ups will begin in Jan and a start date will be decided some time in Late Jan/ Early Feb. (While the name say's...
Read more…
Blue_Owl
Blue_Owl
Can we play Beast in C-RPG? It's more stable, better balanced and has new maps.

P.S. Also, Beast is an "early-access tournament". Andthe game is being released in 3 weeks.
  • Yagaya
Reactions: Black_Corsair
Aeronwen
Aeronwen
@Blue_Owl

The original name of the tournament does not prevent it continuing once the game is released.

Hopefully people who want to run tournaments will come up with more variation in tournament structures.
Namakan
Namakan
@Aeronwen Just rename to Bannerlord Eternal Alpha Skirmish Tournament, done!
TheBard
TheBard
Any info on the proper starting date yet? If not, fine, I'm just curious.
Soarerv8
Soarerv8
Not at the moment, just taking into consideration time for people to have a little break between BNL and the next Beast and ensuring we don't start too close to the holidays. but yeah some time in late jan or early feb.
DeathBG
DeathBG
It's January when is next tournament happening?
TheBard
TheBard
Any word when by now? Kinda wanna know too so I see if I have time for the tourney.
Soarerv8
Hello all, We have become aware of a lot of toxicity surrounding certain events within the tournament. We would like to remind players that the rules request for respect and maturity when communicating with other participants so please keep that in mind. Anyway Lets have a good week, with that...
Read more…
Aeronwen
The division E week 4 table is up *click here*

Would teams please check they think the results are correct.

If the table is correct the next fixtures will be :

[DR] [AV] v [BCNR][M]
TCM_ v [VW][V]
[VD] v [RdH]
[SofV] v no opponent
Read more…
View previous comments…
Sikkimoto
Sikkimoto
There is no explicit rule for sheduling with no opponent, but i would pair
VW3 - no opponent (VW3 ist the lowest ranked team with 4 games played)
GoW - Manticores
DoF2 - VD
SofV - RdH
Aeronwen
Aeronwen
@Sikkimoto

ye good call - I get the same

[DR] [AV] v [BCNR][M]
TCM_ v [VD]
[SofV v [RdH]
[VW][V]] v no opponent
Blue_Owl
Blue_Owl
Hmmm, I've noticed the results for first week gave the SofV 3 PTS for winning over HDG. But for next 3 weeks HDG defaults against everyone, and teams don't get PTS from default wins?
Check RdH after week 2, Manticores after week 3 and VD after week 4. They gained no points. But SofV gained 3 points in week 1.
Aeronwen
Aeronwen
Thanks for checking, it is always good to have a a second or third pair of eyes on the tables.

In this case, that is working as intended.

It always complictaes things when a team drops out but it is even worse when we are using the bucolz and no rematches. There is no perfect solution.
so HDG played in the first week, that match actually happened and is recorded.

in the following weeks hdg had dropped out so there is no match. Those teams who have the week out (no opponent) have one less match recorded and receive no points but they do receive 12 rounds won.

Awarding points for a match that did not happen wold mess up the bucholz system. Giving 12 rounds is a compromise.

If at the end of a season a team with one less match played might with the extra match have reached the promotion stage they will be given the opporuntiy to play for it.
Aeronwen
Thanks to all those teams that did manage to get their matches played for week 4.

However the difficulties caused by the servers being unavailable have made it necessary to extend week 4 into this week.

Therefore the new deadline are:

Week 4
Deadlines: Scheduling: 10/08/2022...
Read more…
Soarerv8
Due to difficulties with finding a server and issues that none of the teams can be blamed for, Matches from today can be carried on to next week but teams from Divisions A,B,C,D will need to try and play both their games from week 4 (If they haven't been played yet) and Week 5 within the next...
Read more…
Aeronwen
Aeronwen
Division E table updated. As this table is used to create the next weeks fixtures, teams are advised to check it asap.
Aeronwen
Division E table is up *click here*. could div E teams check their results are correct asap please
Aeronwen
We had a query about cav taking the perk with bow.

The rules as they stand are these:

tagClassRestrictions § 19 Class Restrictions
(1) There may be no more than 2 cav shown as alive on the ui in the team line up at any time during match play.
(2) There may be no more than 2 archers/crossbow...
Read more…
Aeronwen
Please check your teams entry in the rosters thread and let us know if there are any changes needed. Remember there will be no name changes allowed when the tournament has started.
Aeronwen
The map and faction randomisation has been done and is as follows
(note: Sharis is the tie breaker map)

Maps
Port at Omur
Trading post
Urikskalaar
Echerion
Zendyar
Town Outskirts
Xauna
Echerion
Trading post
Town Outskirts

Zendyar
Xauna
Port at Omur
Urikskalaar

Factions
Sturgia
Khuzait
Vlandia...
Read more…
Koso
Koso
What about let teams choose&bans their maps, then you can make a pool from remains then decide the tie-breaker map. @Aeronwen
Aeronwen
Aeronwen
Ye thanks for the suggestion

If you mean the KO stage that will be done as usual

If you mean the weekly matches, well you may have noticed, many teams cannot even schedule their matches on time. we really cant add map picking as well.
  • Yagaya
Reactions: Koso
Koso
Koso
@Aeronwen Yea I suggest for KO stages. If its going to be the same, its nice. (y)
Aeronwen
Will any team leaders signing up for Beast 8, who are not yet in teh Steam group Beast Matchmaking Chat
please join.
This greatly facilitates match & practice sheduling

Aeronwen
Note: The Grand Final for Beast 7 is indefinitely delayed due to Putin's invasion of Ukraine??
The teams may play at any time that both are available, provided they give the BEAST 7 admins (@Aeronwen @Ikea Knight) at least 24 hours notice.
IceNoVa
IceNoVa
MOD: Please refrain from snarky and pseudo-humoristic remarks. There's a war going on and some of the people participating in this event are affected by it. Have a little respect for them and yourself and keep the funny remarks out of the forums and focus on the events of this group.
LaPache
Immediate Resignation

Due to fundamental differences in the admin team I will be stepping down as administrator.
View previous comments…
Aeronwen
Aeronwen
Thank you for all your help in the tournay so far.
Tork789
Tork789
Is this now a meme?
  • Yagaya
Reactions: Hodor-
Blue_Owl
Blue_Owl
Looks like it was the last Beast... thanks DM.

LaPache thank you and all the admins for the job you've done. Thats sad that these bans created so much conflicts inside of admins team.
mrArgentum
mrArgentum
@Blue_Owl Bard and Roman literally left only coz of Aeronwen not coz of DM or other stuff what are you talking about. I wanted to make it clear.
Sral23
Sral23
Ikea Knight
Since I have been asked:

The factions for promos /semis week 1 will be Battania vs Aserai & Khuzait Battania

Factions for promo week 2 / final will be Battania vs Empire & Aserai vs Empire
Dextrus
How are is it possible that one factions gets chosen 2 times while others don’t get picked at all?
Tork789
Tork789
Whoever came up with double Battania must resign now.
Aeronwen
Aeronwen
the maps and factions for ALL weeks are radomised before the start of the tournament. The number of times a map or faction appears should be considered acroos the entire tournament not just one week.
TheBard
Immediate Resignation
Due to a multitude of reasons, mainly concerning the permanent accusation of bias for two tournaments now, I step down as Administrator effective immediately.
Read more…
View previous comments…
Einarcf
Einarcf
Thanks for all the memery and drama, Bestmin. But seriously, you did a good and fair job
Aeronwen
Aeronwen
You will be missed. You are a good admin and strive to be unbiased. Those who harrass & lie about the admins in the community cause far too much strain on those of us working for the benefit of the community.
James_Lindsay
James_Lindsay
Yeh biased... wait till u get admins like death :grin:
Ikea Knight
- We are not touching the suspensions or having a rematch. We could discuss removing the defaulted rounds in the RM vs DM match if RM agrees to it. But since Varadin cheated - not necessarily aware of it or intending to do so- he clearly broke our rules. By using the aim helper DM got an unfair...
Read more…
Aeronwen
Division tables for week 3 updated
any issues/typos/errors please notify me asap
Ikea Knight
The Division E thread for this week is now open.
Sorry for the delay.
Aeronwen
Week 2 tables are updated
Back
Top Bottom