BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Sticky posts

Ikea Knight
Concerning the cav glitch: The teams are allowed to delay their match until next week, since the devs are aware of the issue and hope to fix it. If both teams want to play this week we expect them to not abuse the glitch, however we won't punish it.
Show full message
Ikea Knight
Dear community,

I have exciting news for you. I talked to @AVRC and he said the devs will offer us badges for BEAST if we play it without restrictions. As you may know, the devs are looking for a competetive event to improve competetive play. BEAST is the best event there is for that currently. We have the most teams and the best players. We have established rules and divisions. We are a community where most players know each other. For me, there hasn't been a public match in ages where I don't recognize atleast one player or clan tag.
I know that some of you aren't looking forward to play without restrictions. And we won't force you. The vote stays up and the administration will stick to it's results. However, I do hope that I can change your mind. This may be our only and also the best chance to improve our competetiv community. We can show the devs what's wrong with the classes. We can show the devs why factions aren't as balanced as they seem in public play. And we can show the devs that we care about Bannerlord, our game. I strongly believe, that hosting the next season without limits is going to improve the game. The recent patches have shown that the devs care about multiplayer as much as we do. @NIN3 and @AVRC have been engaging with us almost daily. Our dear community manager @Callum streamed all matches Taleworlds played in during the tournament. I know how the game evolved since the closed beta. We had spearspamming, kickspamming, block delays. For a short time even shieldbashing was over powered. I have seen all the long, angry rants here on the forum and desperate trys to communicate with the developers. Back then the community was hunting bugs everywhere and we were rewarded with a badge. With BEAST #4 we will get another chance to earn a badge. A badge that may represent that you care about the game. A badge that may represent your involvement in improving the game for all our communties, not only in Europe but on the other continents, too.
Or you may just present your mad swagger and skill.
I am absolutly excited for this small cooperation with Taleworlds and I hope you vote against class restrictions for our next season.

If you haven't heard of BEAST before or you simply haven't signed up yet, you can do it here. Only votes by signed up teams will be counted.

Together we can improve our game.

Your Ikea (not affiliated in any way :wink: )
Show full message
  • Yagaya
Reactions: Roerich
View previous comments…
Hairless
Hairless
@AVRC is trying to buy your freedom. Don't let him do that. They had enough time to gather data, don't let them turn you into laboratory rats testing limitless gameplay that will most likely lead to another infantry nerf cuz it's definitely to strong.
mrArgentum
mrArgentum
If you want to collect data from competitive scene, you can make your own tournament with a prize pool. You have a recourses for. Tournament without restrictions will be a **** experience for sure. And devs wants us to suffer for badges?
Loyal2Odin
Loyal2Odin
TaleWorlds can simply collect data from matches in the clan matchmaking system.
Ikea Knight
Hey everybody! Big changes again! We're going back to the old "normal" system. So progression will be played like in Beast #2

That should stop the confusion. BEAST #4 will stay in dvisions of 8 teams.
We may want to reduce the division size. But probably after the next season.
Show full message
View previous comments…
Ikea Knight
Ikea Knight
That's our current plan.
Victorious
Victorious
And what with promotion matches?
Why the 2nd team from Division B have to play with the 7th team from Division A, and the 1st team from B will play with 8th? Shouldn't it be opposite way?
1st vs 7th
2nd vs 8th
It seems to have more sense, but maybe u have right, I just want to know why u made that decision ^^
View previous replies…
Victorious
Victorious
@Dark 🦁 hmm, I'm not sure if it is fairly, that the strongest team from div B fight with the weakest from div A, meanwhile the less strong team in div B - from 2nd place - fight with stronger team than 1st place.
IceNoVa
IceNoVa
@Victorious It's common practice to do it this way for the exact reason Dark stated. Ifthe challenger from the division wants to succeed in the higher division, they need to beat the bottom performer first. And having the "easier" opponent for the winner of the lower division is the reward for finishing in first place.
  • Yagaya
Reactions: Llaakkee
Victorious
Victorious
@IceNoVa Roger that, seems reasonable in that way. Thank u for answer!
Ikea Knight
Ikea Knight
What Dark said
Aeronwen
Ikea Knight
Hey everybody!
I have some rather big news for you. The discussion is still ongoing but the most important thing is already clear and I felt like we need to tell you before the progression matches start next week. The adminstration has decided to reduce the size of each division to 6 teams. That means next week's promotion matches will in fact be rather placement matches.
Next season's division will be formed by division from top to bottom by groups of 6.
I know that some of you may be frustrated since some of you won't get a chance to join a higher division this season but we honestly believe that it's better for the competetive scene to have more shorter tournaments than a few longer ones.
So BEAST #4 will be a 5 week tourney with +1 week for finals and other optional matches.

We are still discussing on how exactly we manage progression for the next season and we are thinking of ways to potentially add fast progression so that signifcant stronger teams can move through lower divisions faster.

Rest assured that it wasn't an easy decision for us and that we wouldn't make this change if we wouldn't believe it's better for our competetive scene.

I hope you all will come back for the next season and I wish you the best of luck for the coming matches.

Good Luck and Have Fun!
Show full message
Ikea Knight
Ikea Knight
Okay I apperantly I have to clarify something. Next weeks matches will still be handled the way they were supposed to. that means the ultimate (8th) place of one division will still play the first place of the visiosn immediatly below. So the matches of Beast #3 aren't touched. However the changes will make a difference in BEAST#4 after the sign up. So we will look at the placement of a team after the end of BEAST#3 and then, from top to bottom will form divisions of 6.
So next weeks progression matches still need to be played the way they were supposed.
Ikea Knight
A late happy new year to you all! 2021 can hardly be worse than 2020 :wink:

With the grand final coming up, we have a couple of announcements:

1. We're not accepting roster changes for teams that have already played all their regular matches. So for the promotional matches or the finals you have to stick to your veterans!

2. We're lightning fast this year and just announced BEAST#4. It might be the last BEAST and we might have to change the name if Taleworlds sticks to their release date this time :grin: You can sign up here:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/beast-4-sign-up-thread.437080/ Sign up ends 28th of January.

3. If you have already signed up, your team captain can particpate on the class restriction vote and tiebreaker vote.

Good luck for those of you that still have a match this week. I hope you sign up for Beast again.
Show full message
Ikea Knight
Division D is up and open.

With the holidays coming up we decided to give all teams 3 weeks to schedule two matches.

For that reason we had to prepare the fixtures for div D one week in advance - so both fixtures are based on the current table.
I want to stress that any win in the first match can not affect the table in regards to the fixtures of the next week.

To keep it short: Just play both matches and the table will only be updated after the 10th January.

Good Luck and (early) happy holidays to you.
Show full message
Ikea Knight
Hey everybody!
Don't forget that divisions A-C can play their matches ahead of our schedule.
Keep in mind that for a lot of the teams holidays are coming up, so you might want to sort out your matches earlier.
Show full message
Aeronwen
Week 4 tables are all up. As ever let me know if you spot any errors.
Show full message
Aeronwen
The tables are updated.

Please note the Div C table is provisional while we investigate an unknown player
Show full message
Ikea Knight
Effect
View previous comments…
Neyzen Tevfik
Neyzen Tevfik
Effect is sleeping and not here I am writing this as Effect. Tonight we tested this again with DM and Taleworlds Devoloper (NIN3) also talked about other exploitable ways with xml files etc. it seems does nothing and has only visual for the client and it was a Placebo effect.
Horatius
Horatius
The exploits are just client side, probably placebo effect. Same 'cheat' as Ctr+H bug.
Aeronwen
Aeronwen
please do not post in the news feed but leave it for tournament announcements. If you want to start a discussion make a post.
Ikea Knight
Hey everyone, we're are looking for a new addition for our adminstration team for the current and future BEAST tournaments.

If you are willing to put in some time to learn the various task a tournament admins does reguarly (such as checking and confirming matches, updating the roster thread or calculating Buchholz) please send a pm to both me and Aeronwen.

Adminstrating can be suprisingly time consuming so we're hoping to find someone that is willing to put in some work.

We are looking for someone that is polite, as impartial as possible and that can work fastidiously. Having knowledge about BBCode is great but not necessary.
Show full message
Aeronwen
Unfortunately Kingdom of Hordaland, div C, have withdrawn from the tournament. All their matches will be given as defaults. The scores and table in teh main div C thread have been amended accordingly.
Show full message
Aeronwen
Honestly thought this had been announced weeks ago but it seems it is just in the dates on the div threads (and the schedule)

Teams must play each match before the deadline shown but it can be any time before, so for instance for divs A,B & C they can play all remaining matches this week if they want...

The match deadlines for the remaining weeks of the ladder are

Week 4 - 13/12/20
Week 5 - 20/12/20
weeks6/7 - 10/1/20

for div d we will announce teh deadline when all week 6 matches are played and the table completed.
Show full message
Aeronwen
The Division tables are updated for week 2
Show full message
Aeronwen
The placeholder image for div D has been replaced by a the new BEAST symbol by Piconi
Show full message
The Last Vandal
The Last Vandal
Thx Piconi, new emblem looks great, as always.
But until the last moment I hoped that he can draw dangerous predator Penguin!!! Disappointed...
  • Yagaya
Reactions: NIN3
Black_Corsair
Black_Corsair
Wow, wow - is this a hint that div D players are rams?!? So offensive, I hope guys will file a class action lawsuit. Such a shameful event!
Aeronwen
Week 2 is live. Division D week " fixtures are now up.
@All Please schedule your matches asap and talk to the admins asap if there is any difficulty.
Show full message
Ikea Knight
Even though the beta multiplayer servers will be availlable over the weekend, for the sake of consitency the tournament will be played in the live version.
Show full message
Ikea Knight
As you may have noticed we placed aD into division A. I understand that this is a very controversial decision and we didn't decide that lightly. We had a free slot in division A and after all div B teams declined to take it, aD approached us and asked for that spot. We talked in great length about it with the team and we agreed to let them play under additional requirements.
Show full message
View previous comments…
Dark 🦁
Dark 🦁
good luck in Div A dude 👍
BaronDeMoroz
BaronDeMoroz
A ladder is a ladder for that, according to the results of the tournament, the teams are assigned a place (rating).
If someone dropped out of A. The rest simply had to move up one line.
It is not clear to me on what basis the team with rank "B1" refused to move to "A".
Varadin
Varadin
This is the best choice you could made aD_RaGe . Only from Div A you will learn to be better and you will be in time no matter if you lose in tournmanet. Its a well known rule , if you want to be the best you gotta play against the best.
Ikea Knight
We have posted the fixtures for the tournament. Division D is slightly bigger and won't be played as a round robin for that reason. So please don't be confused if their threads differ from div A-C.

Threads will be unlocked later today.
Show full message