Battle of Bucharest 2017 - Team Qualifier Fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

5v5 is boring but if you want it to be even remotely exciting it should be played on a small closed map, open maps are just boring. AE vs FLT lasted 10 minutes and was so boring to watch, so much open space and the fights were so spread out.

>When you get the biggest warband tourny ever and you use completely unproven methods to run it

whew...  :lol:

5v5 can be very fun on maps that work for it. Very few of those exist and certainly maps like Reveran Village, Ruins and all existing open maps are not suitable for it. Even some closed maps are too big for 5v5. Really new maps made specifically with 5v5 in mind should have been used or those which are small enough that there won't be a problem.

Yeah seems like a lot of the stuff we've developed has been kinda trashed for this tournament. Obviously this is an excellent starting point for Warband though, things can only get better from here right?

I don't understand why ft3/bo5 has been replaced with a 4 round total system. I'm confident that the entire community agrees that ft3 is the superior round system, and the only reason its been replaced is because Lust doesn't like it for some reason?!?!? Also only playing 1 map is really weird, but we need more information to know if this is exclusive to qualifiers.

In addition, 8v8 and similar player numbers are entirely possible to achieve in LAN. Look at this 2015 LAN for WoT where they played 7v7:

https://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments/15993-world-cyber-arena-2015-wot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=judXeBeo8jk

It is fully understandable that this LAN would be 5v5, but I don't think people should start saying that 8v8 is just impossible to achieve...

The fact that only one map is played is the bigger distortion than 5v5 - especially when the LAN finals are going to be played with more maps, it's odd that the qualifiers are played by different rules to the finals. Anyway, disappointed my team got knocked out but very glad we participated and best of luck to everyone else tonight!

All these issue are probably because of guys over at Lithuania. They may have wanted the tournament go in certain way.

Gibby Jr said:
5v5 can be very fun on maps that work for it. Very few of those exist and certainly maps like Reveran Village, Ruins and all existing open maps are not suitable for it. Even some closed maps are too big for 5v5. Really new maps made specifically with 5v5 in mind should have been used or those which are small enough that there won't be a problem.

Apis Europae Yellow 1 - 7 Apis Europae Black

Played on BoB_Battle_2

73XaD7U.jpg

XiAtxUF.jpg
bHYJVoC.jpg

Prince Apollo said:
I agree with Gorlock. 5 v 5 is so boring. 8 v 8 is tested an proven to be much better (in future) :party: :party: :party:

8v8 would be much more expensive. Accomodation, tickets and all the organization stuff for this amount of players exceeds the total prize anyway.

We warband players should be really thankful that we can participate in an e-sports tournament.

JGT 7 - 1 MV

MV has left after 2nd round of 2nd set.

BOB_Battle_3

OR9Q3.jpg
o0DqG.jpg
G57CR.jpg

Aequalitas 8 - 0 NP4B

57B2135DBE74456C8BEB1134103FEC7269386F01
B8A86B159D0BA0B7719B0E71E23249D13E2D32BA
DB05818657EFA2B932F910A5EFE04A4350138F58

Played on BoB_Battle_1 scheduled for 21:30 EEST, last 3 rounds consisted of a 4v5. Good Game.

Castellans 8 - 0 Clash for Cash

ID's:
zKdNwXw.jpg

First Set:
LeGVBt8.jpg

Second Set:
C3tx1ko.jpg

The majority of the Clash for Cash team left after the first round of the second set.

Back
Top Bottom