Bannerlord Wishlist

Users who are viewing this thread

- Right to Rule

Bring back right to rule and maybe even the honor system. These were some great mechanics in warband. Right now I feel like you just get random amounts of fiefs for no reason in kingdoms. It would make sense that if you had a high right to rule, you would recieve more fiefs, or if you became king, you wouldn't have every faction declare war on you. And with high honor reputation, lords won't raid your villages as often, or will let you go if you are caught in battle.

This would also tie in so well with the education system, you woul actually have to educate your relative to be fit to rule, becuase otherwise your subjects wouldent accept them

- kingdom diplomacy

Alliances and civil wars and trade agreements would be nice. Could also prevent kingdom snowballing. Smaller kingdoms could form alliances against larger factions to fight against a common enemy. Confederations maybe.

- Siege and battle AI adjustments (considering that they are the staple advertisement of the game)

basically meaning better combat ai. More spacing in fighting, longer combat. smarter ai. Better pathfinding and AI can actually climb ladders. It would be really nice to actually have a say in what the AI do in siege. Especially on the attacking side. Also AI actually utilizing the entire siege map. For every siege there is a massive map that the developers made and NONE of it is used. It would be nice if there were multiple stages to a siege. for example, If the walls are successfully breached/ are overrun, The defending side will pull their soldiers back near the keep so that more soldiers can flee unharmed and eventually defend inside the castle. Also so that they don't just get cut down without doing anything about it at the gate like they do now. A siege where you fight through the city/castle would be ****ing sick.

-CUSTOM SERVERS FOR MULTIPLAYER

PLEASE. this would keep the game alive forever.

-More personality to characters and lords.

In warband, I felt a connection with most of the lords and knew their names and what they looked like. Even though they mostly are copy pasted characters, I remember fighting alongside characters and admitting them into my factions. Within Bannerlord, I know no ones names and don't know any characters by heart. Even getting married to a specific character was a magical moment. I would love there were more options to interact with lords and to gain a relationship with them. I notice that each lord has different characteristics, which can be taken advantage of. Each lord could have different attributes that affect what dialogue they give, or what options you can do with them. For example, if a lord has the attribute "gullible" he will have a higher chance of being persuaded to join your kingdom. Or if a character has a characteristic "weak", you will have the option to threaten them with your army strength.

-Battle formations and planning

I think it would be really nice to have battle plans before the battle actually starts. The battle seems to just become a huge mess once it starts. There's no real strategy. I feel that if there maybe was 2 or 3 infantry units (spearman, shock infantry, and swordsmen?), 2 cavalry units (light and heavy cavalry?), 2 ranged units (skirmishers and archers?) and a horse archer unit, it would make each battle interesting. If there were multiple front lines and multiple different "areas" of the battle, it could make for each battle to be unique. One example I like to give is the napoleonic wars commander battles (but with more control of the battle). These games turn out to be the most fun I ever have in any strategy game. It really really does feel like an actual battle with actual strategy.

-Battle targeting.

It would be very nice if units in formations could target other formations in charges. Makes it so that units when charging dont just walk off to another formation to attack and leave their fellow soldiers to die while charging. Also so that cavalry actually have effective charges and don't just turn around and ride away to a horse archer division 5 miles away.

-Combat AI

Typically in battles ai will collide with eachother because of how small their capsules are. On top of this their ai will push through eachother with all their might in order to get to an enemy. This causes ai in battles to blob up and make battles really hard to be involved in because you'll have to push through 20 dudes just to get to an enemy. I feel like it would be nice if units spaced out and gave eachother space in battles. That way you can actually get into the battle. Also a lot of units push too close together in combat for any polearms to actually be effective. This makes some units worthless, such as Pikemen or volgiers. When going into first person I noticed that the enemy is literally like centimeters away from my face.

-Gang systems and town drama

Would be a nice little touch to the game and would give it more character. Gang wars in towns, causing poverty or doing little tasks for you. This could actually be expanded. If you have a gang that likes you in an enemy town, you could ask them to do favors to sabotage parts of the town.

-Pre siege

I also think it would be cool to have more siege options. Such as sabotaging walls, Poisoning wells, or burning food supplies within a castle. I definitely liked how it was in Viking conquest.
that's all i got lol

- Right to Rule

Bring back right to rule and maybe even the honor system. These were some great mechanics in warband. Right now I feel like you just get random amounts of fiefs for no reason in kingdoms. It would make sense that if you had a high right to rule, you would recieve more fiefs, or if you became king, you wouldn't have every faction declare war on you. And with high honor reputation, lords won't raid your villages as often, or will let you go if you are caught in battle.

Please at least hide your explanations in spoiler tags, the thread will get messy otherwise. Keep it simple and overviewable so people don't get discouraged from reading through the list.

I doubt TW will be able to implement these within 2 years. Just the combat alone needs so much improvements. I mean AI are like zombies here.

1. They will clash into each other as if their lives don't matter. I'm sure IRL no matter what type of armor you use, you won't dare to throw your own body into another unless he's back is facing you and he's alone. What is he gonna do after he bull rushed you? get stab by everyone nearby? I mean I'm sure every enemies will feel threaten by you because you're so up close and targets you. Same as shield walls, no one will throw themselves at a shield wall like in the movies, unless they are zombies, and TW just makes AI throw their bodies in like zombies and clog up their weapon swings and thrust. If it were in real life, the amount of friendly fire would be absurd.

2. AI are zombies, they have no sense of getting surrounded and mindless continues to fight with the unit he targets. He gets surrounded and bashes to death.

3. Morale system has almost no effect in the game, no routing, no regrouping, no formation functions, no flanking, no ambushes etc. Probably our homo sapiens ancestors will have more organized fights than what we have in BL.

- kingdom diplomacy

Alliances and civil wars and trade agreements would be nice. Could also prevent kingdom snowballing. Smaller kingdoms could form alliances against larger factions to fight against a common enemy. Confederations maybe.

- Siege and battle AI adjustments (considering that they are the staple advertisement of the game)

basically meaning better combat ai. More spacing in fighting, longer combat. smarter ai. Better pathfinding and AI can actually climb ladders. It would be really nice to actually have a say in what the AI do in siege. Especially on the attacking side. Also AI actually utilizing the entire siege map. For every siege there is a massive map that the developers made and NONE of it is used. It would be nice if there were multiple stages to a siege. for example, If the walls are successfully breached/ are overrun, The defending side will pull their soldiers back near the keep so that more soldiers can flee unharmed and eventually defend inside the castle. Also so that they don't just get cut down without doing anything about it at the gate like they do now. A siege where you fight through the city/castle would be ****ing sick.

-CUSTOM SERVERS FOR MULTIPLAYER

PLEASE. this would keep the game alive forever.

-More personality to characters and lords.

In warband, I felt a connection with most of the lords and knew their names and what they looked like. Even though they mostly are copy pasted characters, I remember fighting alongside characters and admitting them into my factions. Within Bannerlord, I know no ones names and don't know any characters by heart. Even getting married to a specific character was a magical moment. I would love there were more options to interact with lords and to gain a relationship with them. I notice that each lord has different characteristics, which can be taken advantage of. Each lord could have different attributes that affect what dialogue they give, or what options you can do with them. For example, if a lord has the attribute "gullible" he will have a higher chance of being persuaded to join your kingdom. Or if a character has a characteristic "weak", you will have the option to threaten them with your army strength.

-Battle formations and planning

I think it would be really nice to have battle plans before the battle actually starts. The battle seems to just become a huge mess once it starts. There's no real strategy. I feel that if there maybe was 2 or 3 infantry units (spearman, shock infantry, and swordsmen?), 2 cavalry units (light and heavy cavalry?), 2 ranged units (skirmishers and archers?) and a horse archer unit, it would make each battle interesting. If there were multiple front lines and multiple different "areas" of the battle, it could make for each battle to be unique. One example I like to give is the napoleonic wars commander battles (but with more control of the battle). These games turn out to be the most fun I ever have in any strategy game. It really really does feel like an actual battle with actual strategy.

-Battle targeting.

It would be very nice if units in formations could target other formations in charges. Makes it so that units when charging dont just walk off to another formation to attack and leave their fellow soldiers to die while charging. Also so that cavalry actually have effective charges and don't just turn around and ride away to a horse archer division 5 miles away.

-Combat AI

Typically in battles ai will collide with eachother because of how small their capsules are. On top of this their ai will push through eachother with all their might in order to get to an enemy. This causes ai in battles to blob up and make battles really hard to be involved in because you'll have to push through 20 dudes just to get to an enemy. I feel like it would be nice if units spaced out and gave eachother space in battles. That way you can actually get into the battle. Also a lot of units push too close together in combat for any polearms to actually be effective. This makes some units worthless, such as Pikemen or volgiers. When going into first person I noticed that the enemy is literally like centimeters away from my face.

-Gang systems and town drama

Would be a nice little touch to the game and would give it more character. Gang wars in towns, causing poverty or doing little tasks for you. This could actually be expanded. If you have a gang that likes you in an enemy town, you could ask them to do favors to sabotage parts of the town.

-Pre siege

I also think it would be cool to have more siege options. Such as sabotaging walls, Poisoning wells, or burning food supplies within a castle. I definitely liked how it was in Viking conquest.
that's all i got lol

- Right to Rule

I decided to not make an extra list of the wishes, but instead just gather them in this thread in general. I sadly don't have enough time for keeping track of all the new posts and add them. However, if people abide my rules, this thread should be well ordered enough to call it a list itself, and give a pretty good overview for someone searching for wishes of the community, therefore making a seperated list kind of useless anyways. So keep adding wishes and have a great day, cheers!
DOOOOOOO IT.

Your word is your bond.

A more complex crafting system that goes beyond weapons, a system where player can engage in production of goods and invest in production chains.
Something along this line to improve a trader character and a deeper economics system would open up a lot of things in this game.

-When being attacked while you are sieging fight in the siege map, and have the garrison of the castle you are siege help and attack from the other side
-When you just took a castle and a large enemy army is outside they should siege it while you are weak instead of running away
-When creating an army while in a castle that is under siege, the reinforcements should be able to wait outside and when the siege starts attack in the back, or come inside to help there.
- When breaking or sallying out of the castle actually breaking out instead of a random battle on a weird map, so fight in the castle/siege map
- Faster experience gain, without mods it is just too slow and not fun at all
- Better garrison management, to be able to have garrisons recruit themselves, like garrison 3.0
- Steam workshop for mods
- Have siege weapons become more useful, instead of current strategy.
-Sieges should be more difficult, you are able to easily take an castle with less forces.
- Have sieges continue inside the keep, or at least add doors in between so the sieges are tiered
- Make some original castles with unique things, for example a side gate, a cave which can be entered to get into the castle underneath, or go out and attack the attackers in the back
- Ability to create better divisions in your army, in which you can specify upgrade path, so you dont have to manually click each unit and a bit of automatic recruitment, so that these divisions reinforce themselves when entering a town
- Ability to plan a field battle beforehand, this can be quite difficult to do on horseback because you really lack some overview, so a bit like the way in which you manage sieges
- Make garrisons a bit cheaper to have, or make castle give more, because it feels weird that you pay 3000 Denars for a decent garrison but only get 500 denars from that castle.

To bump this thread, here's a few more I idea i have, and they're specific for multiplayer... Granted, I can really only see it happening a few months after this game leaves Early Access:

Bandit faction

Exactly what it says on the tin. Looters, sea raiders, deserters, hillmen, forest bandits and steppe bandits banding together to fill out a multiplayer roster of classes for a new faction.

Classic Voice for Warband owners on Steam

Somehow, i think this would need to be available for male and female avatars. I know there is a proper female voice in Warband, but it's kind of lacking.

Complete rework of siege battles. As of right now they are really limited and all boil down to the same thing. We need options and castles and towns with personality so it really feels like a different battle. Tiered walls, burning oil, murder doors, and anything really.

Personally I’ve got a couple of ideas

1. Campaign story: Something I think we could all agree on is the severe lack of story in Bannerlord, and I think is one if not the main reason the world feels so “dead” that a lot of people talk about. Although it is a sandbox game, I think scripting a more meaningful campaign story could be done if cleverly implemented: Specifically a couple of ideas came to mind.

What if for each playable race there were optional story that you could select, like for example a Boudicca themed campaign where it resembles a Battanian female hero based off of history where you resist the encroaching empire invading Battania, where you could resist and unite Battania and fight off and save the land. At a certain point free campaign could take over and you could take the narrative over from there. Or you could choose a normal campaign

Just one race example but I think that this would add a lot more appeal to the game, if done correctly. You could have multiple story arks/options whenever you start a campaign for each race and could be as complicated or as simple (scripting wise) as you needed in order to implement so long as the story is engaging. Although I am kind of dreaming here it would still be cool

I suppose implementing the main campaign would be a start..

2. Proper campaign ai: for me there is nothing more frustrating than being in a small army where you are about to engage a larger force with another smaller ally army nearby that at the last moment takes off at the worst possible moment when the fight is about to start... really annoying. I heard however that some sort of control of armies is on the horizon, how far this is implemented is another story. Control of ai armies to stop all the stupidity on the campaign map and priority aka not going off to defend a far flung castle vs much needed bodies on the front etc is really needed. You all know what I am talking about, needs to be fixed and perhaps player control via influence can fix this

3. Petitions: Something that really lacks in this game is activities to do outside of war, aka peacetime activities, so why not add in some features? Something I thought would be cool is when stationed in your castle or city is the option to hold court, where you then enter your throne room, sit on the throne and take petitions from your peasants, vassals etc where you hear and deal with issues in your kingdom, / fiefdom and- include a kneeling animation for peasants and a bow for Nobles for maximum immersion!

This could have all sorts of interesting stories and effects, such as relations increases, bonuses to settlements, to companions, to yourself, trait increases or decreases, and as much as you can imagine, And have debuffs go these things if you make a poor decision, fail a dialogue check, whatever, with the more kinds of petitions and having lots and lots of varying petitions being better and would finally give us a reason to visit our Castles and throne rooms,

Anyway, yes this game is all about war but fleshing out the game for me would make it way more replay able and adding a lot more activity outside of war would be a bonus

3, Crowns, and banners for that matter, really.. it’s time

4.Way more interesting companions, similar to the mod on the nexus with their own backstories etc, something much better than what we currently have, I think following that mod as an example would be a great starting point.

5. The usual, better battle ai, way more involved diplomacy, more armours, more field battle maps, battania non royal archer line the usual stuff that should be implemented

Also Way better sieges as mentioned two posts above would be great as well,

My two cents

Last edited:
Body-sliding; optional controlling units after death/K.O.

Generic parties;
Deserters, Manhunters & Town patrol.

Deeper dialogue:
More dialogue similar to Warband; more lore

Negative/Positive reactions based on relations
More control over character, parties and factions

Events:
Feasts/ Feast @ Tourneys/Duels/Funerals
Weddings

Diplomacy!

Female troop tree; like the Sword sisters.

Special:
Custom Units/Knighthood Orders

Claimants; similar to Warband

Invasion; giant parties like in the Prophesy of Pendor & Perisno.

Last edited:
1. Remove trees from the middle of paths and roads.

First priority in making a usable path is removing obstacles or charting a course around them. Why are there some many trees in the middle of roads in all these Battanian villages??

2. Remove grass and shrubs from doorways, tents and houses.

If built a shelter the first thing I'd do is clear the area around it. If I have a entryway, I'm going to be using that to enter and exit my home regularly. Why are there shrubs and grass in the door? Why have you not reviewed the reports i submitted with photos etc showing this issue and fixed this after almost a year? ITS AN EAASY FIX.

3. Remove trees or relocate trees that are growing out of or into buildings.

So much sloppy work. Just fix the mess. Why are there so many trees growing out of buildings.

4. Get rid the dozens of floating objects I've submitted in bug reports. Most are still there.

Fix the sloppy work on nearly every scene before release. Just playtest them. Walk around in them. In nearly every scene I can find half dozen floating and clipping objects within 10-15 minutes. Quit acting like amateurs and have some pride.

5. NPC interaction, Diplomacy, random events, unique discoverable map locations, more immersive scenes, intelligent battle AI

Last edited:
One thing I never got about the game is the speed of in-game time.

If you play with dynasties and death enabled, time should move in a significantly faster pace than it does now. It's the only way I see to make dynasties actually matter. Otherwise, it just doesn't matter if you have tons of heirs waiting when you have already conquered the entire map by the time you're like what, 40?

Conquering the entire of Battania shouldn't be possible in just two years. It should be a man's life work. Crossing the entire map shouldn't be a matter of just days, it should be months. Making your precious time in life all the more precious. Of course leveling speed and many, many other aspects of the game would also have to be increased and altered. Just thinking out loud here.

Also: actual banners on the battlefield (available in more than 6 colours...) would also be a lovely addition. But one can only hope.

actual banners on the battlefield (available in more than 6 colours...) would also be a lovely addition. But one can only hope.
This mod is as clise as you will get to not only having 6 colours

Back
Top Bottom