Bannerlord roadmap please

Users who are viewing this thread

So I take it as 8 of them are dedicated to the campaign, and the rest are multiplayer and engine/core related stuff which of course also affects singleplayer. But still the level designers, game designers etc. Appears to be the ones struggling the most to be honest.

So I take it as 8 of them are dedicated to the campaign, and the rest are multiplayer and engine/core related stuff which of course also affects singleplayer. But still the level designers, game designers etc. Appears to be the ones struggling the most to be honest.

Well, just 30 are programmers, so 50 work as a non code related works as desing, support, marketing, accountability... pretty much everything.

And since people ask for content (like 95% of complains on forum), there are just 8 coders working on it, and atleast 2 and pretty sure more are working on balance, economy, bugs, moddings tools (non content related), I guess is pretty understandable this slow pace releasing new content.

The only solution I see is hire more devs.

Last edited:
During siege I visit only 20% of the castles and especially towns. I was reffering to interior which you do not see during siege at all.
There is no good reason to walk through the towns at all.
However I agree your definition of "settlment scene" in my case is just get up on the first wall. 90% of the interior is wasted atm.
Agreed, other than sieges they're completely pointless. I don't really know what they could add that would make you want to walk around though.

Agreed, other than sieges they're completely pointless. I don't really know what they could add that would make you want to walk around though.
My point was, the invested time into the amazing interior was a wasted time if there is no such reason.
Since I am well aware the capacity of the dev team it's useless to suggest any complex mechanism to change this.
However I am convinced that with simple additions it could be accomplished.

For example to introduce some dialog options which are available only by personal meeting. For example with blacksmith or armourer. Get better prices or custom forge. There are many options which would require only dialog addition.
Another example could be some benefits to talk with traders directly, better prices, quests which are only available via personal conversation.

I know some of the players would hate it (be forced to take the necesary walk), but if the advantage would be balanced rightly they could just ignore these opportunities and choose other path.

For example to introduce some dialog options which are available only by personal meeting. For example with blacksmith or armourer. Get better prices or custom forge. There are many options which would require only dialog addition.
Another example could be some benefits to talk with traders directly, better prices, quests which are only available via personal conversation.

I know some of the players would hate it (be forced to take the necesary walk), but if the advantage would be balanced rightly they could just ignore these opportunities and choose other path.

A haggling system similar to KCD would promote players to enter towns more frequently if they had to personally interact with the NPC.

Disagree on every point but the mod tools. Content shouldn't be TW focus until full launch, anyone can see it's a waste of what little productivity they can muster.
What we need is a for the game to approach a playable state through the refinement of core mechanics like AI path finding along with mod tools/map maker/ custom servers... and a roadmap like any other reasonable EA.

There are grease balls over at lovers lab that have written an enormous amount more dialogue into this game than the developers ever will.

Why would you want TW to develop more content first for a practically unplayable game when that has always been their weakest point and the modding community's strongest.
The game is perfectly playable performance-wise, some refinements could be made for Sieges though. And the balancing shouldn't take more than a week or two to fix, for people who understand balance.
Currently the major balance problems are; AI decision-making, terrible Sturgian geography, overpowered Khuzait culture buff, overpowered Cavalry autocalculation bonus. Fix those, and the performance issues in Sieges, and the only stuff remaining is core features.
Crashes and such need obviously to be fixed, this goes without saying..

heh made an account just to comment on this. I am new to mount and blade but was a long time Total war player. When Total war got rid of the family tree stuff it took away something special to the game that makes it more personal and re playable.Personally I like the immersion it gives and the sorta of different backstory each game has depending what happens to the family/generals. Based on what people have said about the total war games and family trees, I think there is a good portion of the fan base that wants these systems in the game.
You would be mistaken. These features have never been part of the Mount & Blade series, ever. And they're so poorly implemented that there's no chance the paltry sum of 8 developers working on Singleplayer Bannerlord could make this system function in any reasonable way within a reasonable amount of time while at the same time working on actual core features that are the hallmarks of the series that is sorely missing from Bannerlord.

I'm not sure what you are implying here, I think you're saying I'm a nordicist. That is completetly untrue as I am far from germanic.

Naval warfare and sailing in general was as much apart of medieval life (perhaps even moreso compared to modern life) That was so instrumental to trade and transporting as well as the new discorvery of trade and dialect to even more Scholastic pursuits (the Indian Zero and Arab mathematics)

I think you are some sort of idiot who thinks they can speak in volumes for the majority when the majority in fact disagrees with you, I withdraw my statements in agreeing with you and suggest you go back to 4chan or whatever place the vocal minority congregate.
What's your problem? Nordicist, 4chan, scholastic pursuits, what on earth are you rambling on about? Are you even reading what I'm writing?

I stated that the Bannerlord map was not made with naval transportation in mind, in a way that could be implemented that all factions could partake in it, and it would be balanced. The implementation of naval transportation would be unbalanced, not available to all factions (think of Battania, Western Empire and Khuzaits).

I'm not talking about how important naval transportation was in real life, of course it was important in real life (and presumably in the lore/history of Bannerlord aswell), but there's no feasible way for naval transportation to be implemented into Bannerlord in a timely manner that also ends up being fun, available to everyone, and balanced. There are much more important things for Taleworlds to focus on.

Last edited:
The amount of work to implement naval mechanics when the game obviously has no framework for it would be staggering for such a minimal benefit. I can think of no rationale to do so. Here, let me read into the parallel future where naval stuff is implemented, and show you the patch notes:
  • The player can now purchase boats at coastal towns
    • Not mentioned: the player can still purchase boats at landlocked towns. Doing so will crash the game.
    • Not mentioned: the player can still purchase boats in villages. Doing so will turn the village's prosperity negative.
    • Not mentioned: the player purchasing boats will cause the town to flip ownership.
    • Not mentioned: town prosperities broken again.
  • AI lords can now travel by sea.
    • Not mentioned: All land pathfinding has been deleted, AI on the worldmap now will not move.
    • Not mentioned: AI boats will inexplicably loop around islands until they starve.

Perhaps more importantly than begging TW for a roadmap, how about we as a community put together a list of the most important features? Whether TW believes they can start working on said feature immedaitely or a few weeks/months down the line, is up for them to decide, but atleast we could inform TW about what is most important for us to make the game fun and immersive?

In my personal opinion, the most important things are as follows, in no particular order of importance:
- Much more peacetime, with more content to do during peacetime, for example Feasts being one such example of content.
- Much improved field battle tactical AI.
- True Sandbox Mode (NO Main Quest).
- More dialogue interaction with important NPC's (Lords, Rulers, etc. .)
- Mod tools.
- Much better integrated minor factions (more dialogue, recruitable troops, never at war with 'parent' faction, non-randomly generated NPC's with unique dialogue, etc. .)
- More and better interaction with owned-settlements (be it villages, castles or towns).
- Completely overhauled and working perk tree.

Things that I really, really don't care about in the slightest:
- Dynasty system of having children, dying of old age, carrying on as my child etc. . Honestly I don't think ANYONE who plays Mount & Blade cares about these things.
- Boats. The map was clearly not designed to be navigated with boats, ignore the people asking for this bloat feature.
- Main Quest. I understand that this will remain in the game, but personally I have no interest in it and personally see it as low priority compared to core features for the game.
I actually really want the things you didn’t care about.

I actually really want the things you didn’t care about.
You should be glad TW is listening to you then, and the rest of us (the overwhelming majority), will continue to be mad because they are being distracted from focusing on the things that actually matter and would improve the long-term health of this game, which is being sacrificed to satisfy the likes of you instead.

The amount of work to implement naval mechanics when the game obviously has no framework for it would be staggering for such a minimal benefit. I can think of no rationale to do so. Here, let me read into the parallel future where naval stuff is implemented, and show you the patch notes:
  • The player can now purchase boats at coastal towns
    • Not mentioned: the player can still purchase boats at landlocked towns. Doing so will crash the game.
    • Not mentioned: the player can still purchase boats in villages. Doing so will turn the village's prosperity negative.
    • Not mentioned: the player purchasing boats will cause the town to flip ownership.
    • Not mentioned: town prosperities broken again.
  • AI lords can now travel by sea.
    • Not mentioned: All land pathfinding has been deleted, AI on the worldmap now will not move.
    • Not mentioned: AI boats will inexplicably loop around islands until they starve.
b-b-but m-muh boats! who cares about AI intelligence, balance, missing core features! i want MUH BOATS SO I CAN BE A VIKING RAIDER :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Guys, don´t ask for a roadmap, this game is feature complete. TW just tries to get all the broken stuff working. We won´t get sea battles or more immersion or whatever. We all felt for the scam.

They want their Call of Warband ready as soon as possible to release it again to get more money.

And they´ll need like 1 year from now on to get all this broken stuff working :smile:

What have they delivered after this huuuuge code refacocter? Nothing! Only more bugs which each hotfix according to all the threads I see...and didn´t they do the refacotring to have it easier? Where are the results? In Call of Bannerlord 3? If anyone is stupid enough to buy it in 2030? Or Placeholderlord 4 in 2040....of course for a tripple A price.

I really hope this will be their last game they can "develope". Some good company will take over and give us the game we deserve after that. This may take some years, but also TW needs some years to even get the stuff working that is right now in the game.

And yea...modding...it´s not like TW invented modding or that Bannerlord is the first game with mod support....that´s the only and last hope we can have. That TW at least releases some good mod tools so modders can fix the game for free....until then we get hotfixes like the one from yesterday....

Last edited:
Guys, don´t ask for a roadmap, this game is feature complete. TW just tries to get all the broken stuff working. We won´t get sea battles or more immersion or whatever. We all felt for the scam.

They want their Call of Warband ready as soon as possible to release it again to get more money.

And they´ll need like 1 year from now on to get all this broken stuff working :smile:

What have they delivered after this huuuuge code refacocter? Nothing! Only more bugs which each hotfix according to all the threads I see...and didn´t they do the refacotring to have it easier? Where are the results? In Call of Bannerlord 3? If anyone is stupid enough to buy it in 2030? Or Placeholderlord 4 in 2040....of course for a tripple A price.

I really hope this will be their last game they can "develope". Some good company will take over and give us the game we deserve after that. This may take some years, but also TW needs some years to even get the stuff working that is right now in the game.

And yea...modding...it´s not like TW invented modding or that Bannerlord is the first game with mod support....that´s the only and last hope we can have. That TW at least releases some good mod tools so modders can fix the game for free....until then we get hotfixes like the one from yesterday....
I don't get it. What's the point in keep re-posting these complaints?

To shame TW until they are worth existing. Maybe that is pointless. If they had any pride they'd never release such trash.
I don't think they care. They have good numbers in selling and rating. Steam player count stats looks also stable at 14k, so good testing player-base.
Don't get me wrong, I somewhat agree with the criticisms but I don't think re-posting it x100 will change this fact.

I don't think they care. They have good numbers in selling and rating. Steam player count stats looks also stable at 14k, so good testing player-base.
Don't get me wrong, I somewhat agree with the criticisms but I don't think re-posting it x100 will change this fact.
I don't disagree w that.

Back
Top Bottom