Bannerlord roadmap please

Users who are viewing this thread

Inappropriate content
Would be nice to see a broad (not in-depth) roadmap of what is going to get done in the upcoming months, because what you say you focus on and what you actually do, are apparently two different things.

Banners will be making a return at a later date after some changes and improvements, but right now they are low-priority for us.
What is high priority? Sorry if I sound like a pest but I keep hearing low priority every time someone asks about a feature, or at least it seems like it.
Stability, performance, and missing mechanics and features. Banners are something that look pretty but don't currently affect gameplay, so for us, that is low-priority.

vagphVa.jpg

hf3NjUg.jpg

(censored so moderator doesn't get another hissy fit and gives me another warning)

Last edited:
I guess the people who worked on the emotes had such niche skillset that they couldn't have been put to work on something else that would be more important... /s

:razz:

Maybe player emotes are a low priority as well but they happened to be ready. Just because something has a low priority it doesn't mean people aren't allowed to work on it.

Maybe player emotes are a low priority as well but they happened to be ready. Just because something has a low priority it doesn't mean people aren't allowed to work on it.
Indeed. It's what you would call an easy win. Clearly there are higher priorities but the Emote system was simple, doesn't mess with any other game functions and is a nice tagline to draw peoples attention. I promise you it would not have taken any dev-time away from important features... and hell it's nice! Can't wait to see it in MP.

to me everything they're working on is a minor fix/update that should take minimal effort to actually do. some other ea games come out with patches once a month that bring so much more quality of life than it appears taleworlds has any plans for before release.

Perhaps more importantly than begging TW for a roadmap, how about we as a community put together a list of the most important features? Whether TW believes they can start working on said feature immedaitely or a few weeks/months down the line, is up for them to decide, but atleast we could inform TW about what is most important for us to make the game fun and immersive?

In my personal opinion, the most important things are as follows, in no particular order of importance:
- Much more peacetime, with more content to do during peacetime, for example Feasts being one such example of content.
- Much improved field battle tactical AI.
- True Sandbox Mode (NO Main Quest).
- More dialogue interaction with important NPC's (Lords, Rulers, etc. .)
- Mod tools.
- Much better integrated minor factions (more dialogue, recruitable troops, never at war with 'parent' faction, non-randomly generated NPC's with unique dialogue, etc. .)
- More and better interaction with owned-settlements (be it villages, castles or towns).
- Completely overhauled and working perk tree.

Things that I really, really don't care about in the slightest:
- Dynasty system of having children, dying of old age, carrying on as my child etc. . Honestly I don't think ANYONE who plays Mount & Blade cares about these things.
- Boats. The map was clearly not designed to be navigated with boats, ignore the people asking for this bloat feature.
- Main Quest. I understand that this will remain in the game, but personally I have no interest in it and personally see it as low priority compared to core features for the game.

Perhaps more importantly than begging TW for a roadmap, how about we as a community put together a list of the most important features? Whether TW believes they can start working on said feature immedaitely or a few weeks/months down the line, is up for them to decide, but atleast we could inform TW about what is most important for us to make the game fun and immersive?

In my personal opinion, the most important things are as follows, in no particular order of importance:
- Much more peacetime, with more content to do during peacetime, for example Feasts being one such example of content.
- Mod tools.
- Much better integrated minor factions (more dialogue, recruitable troops, never at war with 'parent' faction, non-randomly generated NPC's with unique dialogue, etc. .)
- More and better interaction with owned-settlements (be it villages, castles or towns).

- Dynasty system of having children, dying of old age, carrying on as my child etc. . Honestly I don't think ANYONE who plays Mount & Blade cares about these things.
- Boats. The map was clearly not designed to be navigated with boats, ignore the people asking for this bloat feature.
- Main Quest. I understand that this will remain in the game, but personally I have no interest in it and personally see it as low priority compared to core features for the game.
+1, except the dynasty system would be nice to see lords remarry if their spouses die and i havent gotten far enough yet, but it would be cool to see everyone's children get married and start the next dynasty.

disregarding OP's cheeky comment about emotes, I would also really like to see an updated roadmap, since the other roadmap seems to be almost complete.

I asked for this like 2 months ago anticipating ofc the situation we're in now. And ofc i had to deal with fanboys and i...ppl with comprehension issues.
Now it feels good getting back on the forum and having the "i told you so" feeling moment.

Wow really? So I guess all the coastal settlements and large bodies of water/rivers or even the fact that there are many points in the map where at least a ferry of some sort should exist or a land bridge.

You obviously haven't played Viking Conquest or many Over-haul mods that have boats and a PLETHORA of immersive mechanics that help make the game alot more enjoyable/interesting.

To even suggest that Boats is some "Bloat" Future makes you sound like a fool.
Also we should be ignored? Really man?

However I agree with most of what you said.

- Mod tools.

I would like dynasty mode to be a priority as I have stated many times. To state you do not believe anyone would want that is a bit presumptuous.

- Mod tools.
-Unique scenes for every settlement + more field battle scenes.

It's a lot of work but I can't stress enough how massive this is for the campaign experience.

Don´t waste your time, it´s complete. It´s just bug fixing. But have fun talking about stuff that will never make into the game unless modders do it :smile:

Sure they will add some armor/weapon here, some scene (they claim unigque scenes for all castels/towns/villages) there, but that´s it.

Wow really? So I guess all the coastal settlements and large bodies of water/rivers or even the fact that there are many points in the map where at least a ferry of some sort should exist or a land bridge.

You obviously haven't played Viking Conquest or many Over-haul mods that have boats and a PLETHORA of immersive mechanics that help make the game alot more enjoyable/interesting.

To even suggest that Boats is some "Bloat" Future makes you sound like a fool.
Also we should be ignored? Really man?

However I agree with most of what you said.
This is why I ask of Taleworlds to ignore people asking for boats. You're clearly only motivated by some sort of vague "muh viking" fantasy rather than thinking of an interesting addition to the game that will be fun for everyone who prefers all the factions to enjoy.
First of all, the introduction of a sailing mechanic would require said feature to be somewhat balanced, this is impossible to balance considering the geographical features of Calradia. The mere existence of rivers is not "proof" that the map was made with sailing in mind, it clearly was not.

And yes, it is a 'bloat' feature because it is absolutely not necessary, would not add much to the game, would take an incredible amount of time. And EVEN IF it was conceivable to work on a sailing feature in the future, it is by NO means anything that even comes close to resembling what should be a priority for Taleworlds right now.

As for your comments regarding Viking Conquest, you're not taking geography into consideration when bringing that game up as an argument 'for' sailing. I love Viking Conquest, it's probably the best mod for Warband out there. But there's two things to take into consideration here: 1) The geography of Viking Conquest is based on real life geography, which naturally allows for sailing to be an easier feature to integrate into the game. 2) The factions are not meant to be 'balanced', as they are meant to be in vanilla Warband/Bannerlord.

Well I do care.
As a matter of fact once you are the strongest kingdom, with highest clan rank, with no dangerous oponents there's nothing much to do in the game. Training a skillful heir to ensure continuation of strong kingdom would be a fantastic quest. Weak heir could cause crash of the kingdom. With permanent death on battlefield it could be even better.
Edit: the funny thing is that the mechanism is already in the game. It just does not work.

Last edited:
This is why I ask of Taleworlds to ignore people asking for boats. You're clearly only motivated by some sort of vague "muh viking" fantasy rather than thinking of an interesting addition to the game that will be fun for everyone who prefers all the factions to enjoy.
First of all, the introduction of a sailing mechanic would require said feature to be somewhat balanced, this is impossible to balance considering the geographical features of Calradia. The mere existence of rivers is not "proof" that the map was made with sailing in mind, it clearly was not.

And yes, it is a 'bloat' feature because it is absolutely not necessary, would not add much to the game, would take an incredible amount of time. And EVEN IF it was conceivable to work on a sailing feature in the future, it is by NO means anything that even comes close to resembling what should be a priority for Taleworlds right now.

As for your comments regarding Viking Conquest, you're not taking geography into consideration when bringing that game up as an argument 'for' sailing. I love Viking Conquest, it's probably the best mod for Warband out there. But there's two things to take into consideration here: 1) The geography of Viking Conquest is based on real life geography, which naturally allows for sailing to be an easier feature to integrate into the game. 2) The factions are not meant to be 'balanced', as they are meant to be in vanilla Warband/Bannerlord.
Boats would actually be interesting in the game, but more as a trader option. If you look at the map, you can see the amount of trade routes that would open up due to this. With Sea Raiders already in the game it would make sense to include trader ships at least.

Edit: You seem to have a notion that you know what everyone who plays this game wants. Earlier you stated that nobody wants a dynasty system in the game, you have been proven wrong over this, now you say you have told TW that they should not add boats. This shows a complete arrogance and disregard for other people's views. Please stop telling TW what the community wants because you are not the community.

Last edited:

- Mod tools.

Disagree on every point but the mod tools. Content shouldn't be TW focus until full launch, anyone can see it's a waste of what little productivity they can muster.
What we need is a for the game to approach a playable state through the refinement of core mechanics like AI path finding along with mod tools/map maker/ custom servers... and a roadmap like any other reasonable EA.

There are grease balls over at lovers lab that have written an enormous amount more dialogue into this game than the developers ever will.

Why would you want TW to develop more content first for a practically unplayable game when that has always been their weakest point and the modding community's strongest.

Back
Top Bottom