Bannerlord Captain Mode Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey people, I normally don't use the forums but I'm fed up with a problem so I put aside my laziness decided to type. In captain mode, you may recognize me by these nicknames "Donald Trump, Garios Comnos, Monchug Khan" In captain mode I'm telling people what to do (Not in a egoistic way but someone has to lead the team) I'm telling them which banner to capture and which enemy group to ambush and etc. some don't listen but we're doing a great game with the people who actually listens and enjoys the teamplay (Listeners are generally veteran players) but sometimes people are mean and don't listen. Like, this is a team game you gotta stick with the team and help them by any means necessary. I'm tired of people AFK'ing, I'm tired of people picking cavalry and rushing around randomly, I'm tired of people don't listen to teammates and do as they like, I'm tired of players waiting in the back watching the massacre and joining when entire unit gets wiped out.

I made my complaint. Now it's time for the suggestion: Ranking system.
Veteran people will listen to eachother and enjoy the game. TaleWorlds cannot let random newbies to ruin an entire game for veterans.

Point of the captain mode is, enjoying as a team. If you enjoy this game as an individual you will ruin the fun for others, much respect to veterans reading this post. I decided not to play Bannerlord Multiplayer until someone fixes that problem. I'll be playing on single player until that time. Cheers! :smile:

I agree that people should stay to tactics and such but if you solo que you gotta understand it's casual and people play for fun and training. You cant tell people what to play and expect them to do that. I am level 120 and I still understand this when I solo que.

The only thing that annoys be are people who play cav and such and extends every round with like 10 minutes wich sometimes equals to like 30-40 minutes. I mean I dont feel like watching you run around for 10 minutes extra every single round. But if people just play as a team and do their best I have no problem in what they pick.

I agree 100% people sometimes just don't think of the team at all or purposefully go out of their way to do the opposite of the plan.

Moton is right though a lot of people are just kicking around doing their own thing having fun. It would be great for people to realise any form of communication in captain is extremely useful! 3 words "archers at B" could be the deciding piece of information to win a fight. By just updating everyone on what they see, I think they would feel much more part of the plan.

Maybe people don't communicate much because they are worried if they say something and we do it and lose everyone will hate them? I know that feeling washed over me when I first started getting a bit more vocal. And surely I did cause our armies death on plenty of occasions with bad strategy, made some team mates upset from time to time, but learnt a lot on the way!

I believe if your a vet and still stay silent in captain, you should be at least advocating others to follow. If you want to object you should speak up. I wont get angry at anyone for not fighting the same fight, but I will continue to try to encourage them to do so and try to offer advice when I see a big mistake somewhere..

But man whenever a disjointed team has finally rallied together for a win it is a great feeling! everyone is enjoying themselves much more as opposed to suiciding into the enemy alone early and spectating the rest of the fight

I'm trying to get a thread on captain mode reddit a bit more active, I'm hoping people will submit their own strategies and advice. it's info for new players on some common strategies... if we can get some more people contributing, critiquing that would be great. Trying to explain some common strategies and get people thinking about captain differently. Especially regarding thinking about what your team is doing and why.

As long as the ranking doesn't pitch a team of newbies against vets all the time. That would be brutal

Last edited:
I mean u solo q don’t expect much, u want strategic team play join the one of the 5 dying clans

Ranking system would be nice, but would probably divide an already small playerbase.

Way too often i see people not even capable of making a shield wall, let alone charging.

Maybe a 5-minute forced tutorial so people "Know the ropes" when getting in actual matches would help with the potatoness.
Blackwake (A pirate-game heavily reliant on teamworking) did that with great success.

I agree that people should stay to tactics and such but if you solo que you gotta understand it's casual and people play for fun and training. You cant tell people what to play and expect them to do that. I am level 120 and I still understand this when I solo que.

The only thing that annoys be are people who play cav and such and extends every round with like 10 minutes wich sometimes equals to like 30-40 minutes. I mean I dont feel like watching you run around for 10 minutes extra every single round. But if people just play as a team and do their best I have no problem in what they pick.

I don't mind those cav players if:
  • They actually have a chance
  • They know what they're doing
  • They're entertaining at least
The ones that tilt me are the ones who ride around for the sake of riding around, with 30 enemies still alive.

I think most of you has misunderstood me. I have no problem with people picking cavalry, archer or infanry because it's their right to choose whatever they want. My problem is, sometimes cavalry and horse archer units requires EXPERIENCE to lead but newbies picking them and rushes into the pikes and spears. That is ruining fun for everyone because now we have to play with one less unit (We generally lose because enemy infantry blob is too large to stop) Also, I'm also having problem with people suiciding. They're doing a solo game and rushing right into the enemy blob and dying and please don't advise me how to talk to these people, they don't listen.

I think most of you has misunderstood me. I have no problem with people picking cavalry, archer or infanry because it's their right to choose whatever they want. My problem is, sometimes cavalry and horse archer units requires EXPERIENCE to lead but newbies picking them and rushes into the pikes and spears. That is ruining fun for everyone because now we have to play with one less unit (We generally lose because enemy infantry blob is too large to stop) Also, I'm also having problem with people suiciding. They're doing a solo game and rushing right into the enemy blob and dying and please don't advise me how to talk to these people, they don't listen.
I hear ya, "we have 10 minutes to work, lets slow it down and not rush to die this time" is a really common phrase I use haha

works pretty well actually after the first round is a write off.

In my write up I tried to explain that if you choose the second Archer unit or second cavalry unit in your army, you have probably changed the way the fight will go down, so you will likely have to really play a strategy with your team to make your unit effective.

I think there is an hole in your logic here, because you said player need "experience" to take cavalry, but how do you think they will make it if they never take it?

In my opinion you can't play with 5 strangers (maybe some new player) and expect they will follow every your command (why should they? how can they know your tactics is effective if they don't have experience?), they are probably playing a casual match just for fun, maybe the voice chat will solve some of this problem or maybe not we will see.
I suggest you to play with a clan or some other group of people you can talk with, in that case your experience and tactics would be listen (you could also learn new ones) and will be more fun.

I think the current meta (5 shoock + 1 shield/cavalry), is giving a bad example to new players, as what you see is just two infantry blob charging each others and this is why most people will just charge in the moment they see enemy in front of them.

The way i see it,
Disagreements and angry team chats Are more annoying
Just follow logic and speak if it important.
Like: ( enemy flanking or morale losing)

I hate someone try to boss me in casual servers. Shut up ?

I don't mind those cav players if:
  • They actually have a chance
  • They know what they're doing
  • They're entertaining at least
The ones that tilt me are the ones who ride around for the sake of riding around, with 30 enemies still alive.

Yeah that's the ones I mean ofcourse, the one who's only running away indefinitely.

I hate someone try to boss me in casual servers. Shut up ?
This sums it up. In pub cap games fancy strats and tactics are already thrown out of the window and win chance is 50/50 if both teams are pubs (factions play also a huge difference). If you want to play with fancy tactics, you better stack up and play against other stacks.

This sums it up. In pub cap games fancy strats and tactics are already thrown out of the window and win chance is 50/50 if both teams are pubs (factions play also a huge difference). If you want to play with fancy tactics, you better stack up and play against other stacks.
Fancy tactics or not, the mode is about working together, which greatly benefits from communication. People shouldn't get salty if someone is trying to at least be a voice amongst unorganised silence, as long as it's respectful.

If the enemy is organised and your team is not, you get decimated in the first round as your team runs in one at a time and fights in shield wall... It's time for someone to speak up and encourage co-op play.

Fancy tactics or not, the mode is about working together, which greatly benefits from communication. People shouldn't get salty if someone is trying to at least be a voice amongst unorganised silence, as long as it's respectful.

If the enemy is organised and your team is not, you get decimated in the first round as your team runs in one at a time and fights in shield wall... It's time for someone to speak up and encourage co-op play.
Like Kripaz suggest, if you want to work together, commicate and deploy some tactics you should stack up with other like minded player, you will not find people who follow you or listen to your command on the random matchmaking if you go solo

I think the current meta (5 shoock + 1 shield/cavalry), is giving a bad example to new players, as what you see is just two infantry blob charging each others and this is why most people will just charge in the moment they see enemy in front of them.
If they even know how to charge, that is.
Seen so many shield walls just standing there while the owner RPs the last week

I agree. Playing with random on team can go both ways. But, anything can happen really. When I am in que alone for a random game, that is what I am telling myself. You gotta work with what you have, and try to have fun anyway, or just quit the match.

I think TW will implement a ranking system. And I think it's a good idea, just not now, its too soon, the player base is too low. And I fear super long ques and waiting time.

Back
Top Bottom