Bannerlord Captain Mode Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

If i lose because of a person like that, which i do in most cases, why wouldnt it be a reason for kick?

As i said before, bad players need to be punished. They will never learn if they dont get punished.
Let me quess:
1. You are a Captain player
2. You are the one who always tells people what to do
3. No matter if team listens your advises, you blame your team if you fail
4. If you win, you think you are the mastermind behind it
5. I've most likely already muted you after 2. point

Let me quess:
1. You are a Captain player
2. You are the one who always tells people what to do
3. No matter if team listens your advises, you blame your team if you fail
4. If you win, you think you are the mastermind behind it
5. I've most likely already muted you after 2. point
1. no
2. mostly yes
3. no
4. no
5. no

Cant come up with valid agruments so you write this? Really? Either i hit a nerve with my post or you just dont understand how to have a discussion.

If i lose because of a person like that, which i do in most cases, why wouldnt it be a reason for kick?

As i said before, bad players need to be punished. They will never learn if they dont get punished.
If you lose, you lose. Don't expect people to lick your feet because you think you're better then them. Join a clan if you want that, but leave random people alone. You're only making the game more toxic with your behavior towards people

What is the threshold for some people regarding too much communication. Let's say 1st captain round your team gets crushed, no one is together, everyone runs randomly hardly anyone breaks double digits kills. What is the threshold for communication now? Am I allowed to say "let's stay together, charge them, shields first, ignore the cav"

If 5 out of six players stay together and form a decent charge but one player using savages is still sitting at spawn... Am I able to say, "savages at spawn, you with us? Keep up"

Is that too much?

How about if someone does the old silent flanking move where they split off from the army say nothing take the long way around and end up missing the fight because no one knew they were gone.. is it ok to say "that flank would have been good but let's communicate it, otherwise it is hard to co ordinate"

People get very offended by the last one, there is no malice in my words, just trying to better the team for the next round.

Rarely do I have someone flip out when we are trying to communicate in an unorganised team, I think I am pretty careful with my words, I used to be a little more "shouty"... Learnt that doesn't get you far, realised how it sounds in text based communication and that's fair, apologised for it and now try to communicate better

Honest opinions about the tone of my words above... Is this to much for some people?

Sorry but I dont follow any order of bossy players =D
That's what I am trying to understand... From the perspective of a player like yourself who feels things get bossy at times... Is my post above bossy? Is it acceptable communication in your eyes, based on the context I gave. Genuinely interested

That's what I am trying to understand... From the perspective of a player like yourself who feels things get bossy at times... Is my post above bossy? Is it acceptable communication in your eyes, based on the context I gave. Genuinely interested
sorry, i should explaing a little bit further, when i say bossy, im refering to the guy who "knows" how everyone should play to "win", you know, the guy who complains you because you "dont know" how to use archers/inf/cav or the perks you use in your army(i even get teamkilled once because i choose to play as i wanted to) that is what i mean about being bossy, and someone like that only encourages me to play as i wanted to.
Also i understood that you can have miscomunication with everyone or even a good advice to a player could be misunderstood.
I dont know why, but i found this kind of player more in bannerlords than warbands, is rare to find someone like that in Napoleonics wars commanders battle

Ok, i see some people dont understand the basic of this game mode. So lets explain that. Captain mode is a game mode in which you play with other players to be the team who wins 3 rounds first. You can win a round by either wining by morale, which means letting the enemy morale run out while your doesnt or you can kill the whole enemy team. The first method is complicated and most random games never see this method. Why ? Because you need very good team coordination and communication to pull it off which solo random queue will in most cases not provide. The other method is simpler but its still "hard". You need to coorperate with your team to kill the enemy team. How do you do that? You pick the right troops. In the first first round you cant rally counterpick because you dont know what the other team is going to pick but after you have seen their composition, in other rounds you can counterpick. The important thing is you need your teammates more then in lets say skrimish. You cant just pick 2handers and kill 6 enemy units even if you catch them one by one. In skrmish you can pull it off because you play solo and can catch them one by one. Its hard, but you can do it, in captain you just cant. So why would it be a problem to tell others who are lets say clueless what to do ? You have a game in which you lets say play on the forest map which is the smallest map. Most games are won there just attacking the enemy team at B. The enemy team is playing khuzaits who are the worst in this kind of situations. Why? Because the dont have shock troops in the form of infantry. They do have lancers but they cant kill a lot of melee inf. So this team is going full rabble spam. Thats is actually the best tactics they can use. Your team has 6 players in which you have 4 who understand the situation and know what to pick to win the round and 2 who are completly clueless and pick cav/bows. You will lose every single round by a little margin even if you have 4 2handers and 2 bows because you will get swarmed and cant kill them all. Bows are more or less useless in this situation. Why? Its a small map, they dont have enough time and space to fire their arrows if the enemy is just charging you. Why would it be bad to tell the 2 players what to do ? I need them to win, i cant win it alone. 4 players with the right pick cant beat 6 players with the right pick. You need your teammates and its not fair someone comes and takes a useless and selfish pick like cavarly which will do nothing against full rabble spam. If you dont want to play like a team or coorperate with others, just leave and go back to singleplayer. If you have personal frustrations and insecurities when someone other tells you what to do, fix your mentality.

We all know how toothless kick-polls were in Waband and even if they were effective I don't think it will work on it's own to improve the enjoyability of team experiences.
Better communications Systems might work, e.g. voice chat or an elected Commander role that can give ingame commands to other players. And once again, how about letting players rate their mates after each round and adapting troop counts to that.

Good question that leads to an even better one: What is a good communication style for captain mode?

When I join a captain match the first messages I type are usually
1. "Hi all" to start on friendly terms and to check who reads and answers the chat.
2. "tactics?" to give others the opportunity to come up with something first and make clear that I'm on board to follow and I usually agree to the first reasonable plan that comes up.

When noone makes a (viable) plan I look what most people are doing and call for that in order to get everyone on the same page. When the group seems undecided I call for what I think best based on our teams troop composition.
Also don't forget to keep your eyes open for threats and opportunities and to give intel to your mates for better decisionmaking.
When there is one person who seems deaf on both ears sadly there is often only the option to adapt to the person who won't adapt to the rest. When there's two persons who don't listen, then we're screwed.

Overall when playing with randoms it's not that important to coume up with the perfect plan as long as we are at least following the same plan. Adaptations can still be made once the first round has ended in catastrophy and thats the point when people are most susceptible to suggestions.
Also it's less important to get everyone to follow than to observe what people around you are doing and adapt to that.

So now my question to you all: Whats your favoured communication style in captain mode?

Edit: I also agree that uncooperative teammates are frustrating on your side but if we are perfectly honest with ourselves (and even Sun Zu postulates in his "Art of War") our greates successes were only possible because the enemy team messed up.
I got my 250 badge mostly in captain mode specifically because it is not as clan infested as skirmish and the challange of setting up a functionung strategy with randoms in the first 30 seconds makes the times when it succeeds so much more satisfying.

Last edited:
Guys hi! I`ve decided to refresh this topic and add a discussion to a Steam Bannerlord tech-support forum. Some of the players already speak up in a thread . Please share and comment my topic related to Captain Mode in Bannerlord here:

as a new user my link is not visible so search for it in Steam:

Topic: Multiplayer Captain mode - ranking and matchmaking
Section: [EN] Technical Support
in
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Back
Top Bottom