Bannerlord Captain Mode Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

You also shouldn't get salty if I decide to ignore your advises.
I don't my friend. I encourage team work but that's it.

When someone seems to be trying to go in the opposite direction to the whole army, it does make you wonder what they are thinking. I've played with plenty of trolls who try to throw a match, so it's sometimes hard to tell a troll from a solo player who suicides almost immediately in each round. Most people join captain with the intention to try to work together. If someone actively tries to ignore what the team is trying to do, that's fine, but it's a bit odd to want to work against your team. I mean surely anyone can agree with that.

Last edited:
Just follow logic and speak if it important.

I hate someone try to boss me in casual servers. Shut up ?

This is a captain mode, my friend. Captains of the each unit has to cooperate to achieve victory. If you hate to do what you told then go play skirmish or other gamemodes else. I suspect that you don't frequently play captain mode like me otherwise you'd be more angrier than I am right now. Seeing people suiciding, picking units they don't know how to lead would make you mad. Plus, I have 250 EA wins badge and I got this these wins only through playing captain mode. If there's someone to tell there's something wrong with this game mode, it is me.

I don't my friend. I encourage team work but that's it.

When someone seems to be trying to go in the opposite direction to the whole army, it does make you wonder what they are thinking. I've played with plenty of trolls who try to throw a match, so it's sometimes hard to tell a troll from a solo player who suicides almost immediately in each round. Most people join captain with the intention to try to work together. If someone actively tries to ignore what the team is trying to do, that's fine, but it's a bit odd to want to work against your team. I mean surely anyone can agree with that.

This is what I'm exactly trying to say.

You also shouldn't get salty if I decide to ignore your advises.

I nearly played 700+ games in captain mode. I was able to win only 250 because people like you didn't listen and did as they like. If you feel humiliated when a teammate humbly tells you what to do then go play skirmish mode this is not a place for you.

I nearly played 700+ games in captain mode. I was able to win only 250 because people like you didn't listen and did as they like. If you feel humiliated when a teammate humbly tells you what to do then go play skirmish mode this is not a place for you.
Why you so salty? It's a game, not a competition for your life

Ranking system would be nice, but would probably divide an already small playerbase.

Way too often i see people not even capable of making a shield wall, let alone charging.

Maybe a 5-minute forced tutorial so people "Know the ropes" when getting in actual matches would help with the potatoness.
Blackwake (A pirate-game heavily reliant on teamworking) did that with great success.
I think a ranking System would be nice but for randoms I would perefer it in a way that there is a balance between the teams.

Statsitically people not listening and generally playing bad happens on both sides equally often and should thus work in your favor just as often as it works against you. The one constant in every of your matches is your own performance as fighter, commander and teamplayer.
I've done some math and the chance that an average player has a win rate of 250/700 over such a sample size is about 1.8*10^(-14). Maybe your tactics are not as good as you think and that's why people are not listening.

In general I still agree that the game is very sensitive to a single player underperforming and some way to mitigate that would be very appreciated. I think that's also the reason why extremely simple tactics like the 2hand fullrush are prevelant in random matchups.

Maybe it would work to let players vote on their comrade's performance after each round and distribute ressources accoringly.

Maybe your tactics are not as good as you think and that's why people are not listening.
Most players in captain mode who are bossy say the dumbest **** like "lets bring one archer." I don't know TheWesterlander but until they add VC then nobody will listen so there is no point in trying to coordinate randoms.

Most players in captain mode who are bossy say the dumbest **** like "lets bring one archer." I don't know TheWesterlander but until they add VC then nobody will listen so there is no point in trying to coordinate randoms.
There is a point and when we co-ordinate we win. Some people want to go against the direction of the army, that's ok. People can choose or suggest whatever they want, it's up to the army to look at their unit makeup and strategise based on that. Not based on what they wish people chose.

Some fights it's clear the army is moving as a unit, and generally no one says much besides a heads up on enemy position. when you have people going on random directions or rushing miles ahead, a bit of communication goes a long way to at least meet in the same area to fight

I think a ranking System would be nice but for randoms I would perefer it in a way that there is a balance between the teams.
That's what i meant, totally agree. I'd rather have some balancing on teams instead of first-timers being pitched in with 3k hour sweaties.
Sorry if it came out wrong

You have the right to tell people what to do, and they have the right to ignore you.
Agree with that 100% The question is, once the person who ignores has personally lost the match for the team twice in a row 2-0 do they bear any responsibility to the other team members to try to work together.. they are hurting the whole team not just the person who is talking.

Captain mode is a crap shoot -- you may get a good team, you may not. It is best to communicate some plan (ideally, politely) but equally important for people to be able to do what they think is best in the situation (your plan might be ****). If you want people to follow your advice then explain your reasoning and they will be more likely to heed it (e.g., "More inf pls, or we will be vastly out numbered"). There is too small a player base right now to be too picky; there are players of all levels in the matches, so just try to enjoy the game and understand the limitations and you will be less frustrated.

What is not acceptable is to play "Champion mode" (usually cavalry) where you park your troops out of the way and go Rambo with one at a time and prolong the game inordinately. If that's what you want, go play TDM.

This is just an influx of new players at the same time as the new patch. Old strategies are not working, shieldwall/square is unusable/broken/not-sure-what-the-****-is-happening-there.

It'll even out.

Add people to your friends list if you like the way they play.

Don't expect people to listen to you if they don't know you.

If people are sitting out of melees on your team, just take skirmisher and stand behind them.

Last edited:
Kick system is coming so this will make some players learn their lesson when they "play what they want" and dont communicate with the team. It is ok to be bad at the game, but it is not ok to be ignorant and stupid. Bad players need to be punished so they know they are doing something wrong.

Kick system is coming so this will make some players learn their lesson when they "play what they want" and dont communicate with the team. It is ok to be bad at the game, but it is not ok to be ignorant and stupid. Bad players need to be punished so they know they are doing something wrong.
No/Bad communication should not be a reason to kick someone, being a douche and ruining the fun for others on purpose is.

No/Bad communication should not be a reason to kick someone, being a douche and ruining the fun for others on purpose is.
If i lose because of a person like that, which i do in most cases, why wouldnt it be a reason for kick?

As i said before, bad players need to be punished. They will never learn if they dont get punished.

Back
Top Bottom