Votes: 18 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im completely with you on this. There are many people who are new to the game they dont even know how to play the game properly. Thats not the purpose of a Beta, its the old players who should be testing the game because they know when something doesnt work or needs rework. Yet it seems taleworlds only aim to draw new competetive players. They don't seem to care those who contributed to Warband in the first place, they could have at least shown a little gratitude to them.

I'm a long-time warband player and was invited from the start along with other competitive Warband clans who've excelled and made an impact throughout the years, if you were to scroll through the beta forums from once it began, you'll see LOADS of threads where we criticised the combat and other features. Most of those threads have got lost as the beta forum became saturated with the same and new feedback after gamescom when keys were sent out and the beta forum was made public. We've been arguing what everyone else was arguing from the start, you'll be surprised the impact of long-time warband players made at the start of the beta, the combat has completely changed from what it was from old and new player feedback.

Last edited:
The first wave was very much cared for, that's a fact.

Does not change the fact the following waves have been filled with mostly people who clearly don't give a damn about the beta.

Honestly, they said what? 5000 keys were given at gamescom? I hardly see 100 people participating in the beta section. Its just most likely a long term fan would contribute more to the beta then someone who gives no flying ****.

Of course there are plenty of old Warband players invited to the Beta. What I'm saying is there are still many players like myself who played old M&B versions and Warband from the start that didnt get any invitations for months and still waiting. That can discourage a lot of fans like myself because some of us want a little recognition from them as people who helped Warband grow and not getting a beta key while seeing many new players discourages us. For example I'm a M&B player since the early versions of the game when Armagan was still working on the game, bought warband twice, one from steam when it first came out and second as a CD because the case included a Calradia map as a poster. Released 2 mods which I'm sure made a lot of people buy the game since some fans of my mods said "I bought the game during the sale just to play this mod" etc etc. Yet the current attitude of Taleworlds towards people like us hurts the community and discourages us because I saw on reddit a while ago that they gave away more keys to the people and we are still waiting. I dont have a problem with not playing the Beta, my problem is about their dismissive attitude (although I'm not saying deliberate) towards some of the remaining old fans.

Last edited:
I really hope you're going to a support group for that.

I had my reasons. I never ever going to explain why and the most important... HOW i get it.

Let's clear this up right now. The first waves of invites for closed testing went to long-established competitive MP Warband teams. I should know, as I assembled the initial list of North American teams to invite. After the initial waves went out, some other people were invited on an individual basis before the sign-up waves went out. The sign-ups have been open to everyone, and many people who never even participated on the forum before got in via the sign-up. That's just luck of the draw, not a deliberate attempt by TaleWorlds to ignore and discourage long-time fans of the game. The fact of the matter is there was special consideration given to long-time Warband players, and anyone who says otherwise is lying to push their own pity-party narrative.

Yeah that is the first wave.
And all the others?? I know peopple who never played the game and never ever visited a forum get a key. What testing source is that? A guy who never before played the game. What can he possibly know about it?. And like him, there is really a lot. Most of them just sell it on Ebay/Amazon or whatever.
Call it how you want, but it was really poorly managed.

Yeah I agree with Aruda. I have played M&B since 2010, starting with the original. I was super excited when they announced Bannerlord in 2012 and when the beta signup leaked before announcement, I immidiately went with it. Would have liked to be able to join the beta, Mount & Blade is one of my favorite games of all time. It's Taleworlds right to choose who gets invited, but still, it's pretty annoying to see people who don't even care about M&B get invited.

And all the others?? I know peopple who never played the game and never ever visited a forum get a key. What testing source is that? A guy who never before played the game. What can he possibly know about it?. And like him, there is really a lot. Most of them just sell it on Ebay/Amazon or whatever.
Call it how you want, but it was really poorly managed

I understand the frustration, but how can they tell who is who? They said they try to screen applicants the best they can, and still got burned. But despite their mistakes, they select some people who stick around. I for one signed up ages ago. Forgot about it entirely. Checked in about every three months to see if Bannerlord was even still in development. I got a key four months ago, and my hype meter when from 0 to 10,000. I only had 350 hours in Warband. No multiplayer exp never had the original game, nor DLC, nothing. I've put 50 hours into the Beta but had the same old complaints as every wave before me had. Never even found any bugs aside from the obvious documented ones. As to people's questions about where have all the people with keys gone. The reason why the servers are quiet is that the multiplayer is quite dull, non-rewarding, repetitive, and not really representative of what Mount and Blade is. Issues with people's complaints about the combat aside. It's just deathmatch upon deathmatch. Captains mode is alright, but you can only take so much of it. There is no variety like the custom battles of Warband. Only a select few can take the punishment of playing the same thing day in and day out. So basically current waves of people aren't really doing much other than stress testing the servers, which struggle with more than thirty people. So all the valuable input from experienced veterans has been given. But was my key a waste? Probably. But I've stuck around. So you can never tell how the dice will land when you send keys out.

Call it how you want, but it was really poorly managed.

It was more than the first wave, there were many smaller waves where veterans were invited. The majority (if not all) of these waves were managed and teams/players were hand picked (and the reason they were picked is self explanatory, they're MP veterans). There wasn't a lot of players during the alpha and it didnt last particularly long (a couple of months?) and then gamescom came around and people were given keys there. Straight after that, that's when everyone could sign up to the beta and waves of keys were handed out.

Unfortunately there were many long-time members that didn't get invited, the point was that it needed to be smaller to ensure base mechanics and bugs were fixed before everyone could have a chance. It was pot luck if you get a key or not after gamescom, since Taleworlds probably wanted a lot of people in a short amount of time, hand picking long-time members wouldn't really make sense at that point and just let everyone have the same chance. I think people don't entirely understand that there's thousands of veterans and it's really hard to pick them and include them all.

For game developers, getting input from people who've never played the series before is just as important and vital as veterans (veterans cause bias), you want to make the game enjoyable for the many and not the few.

Last edited:
Of course there are plenty of old Warband players invited to the Beta. What I'm saying is there are still many players like myself who played old M&B versions and Warband from the start that didnt get any invitations for months and still waiting. That can discourage a lot of fans like myself because some of us want a little recognition from them as people who helped Warband grow and not getting a beta key while seeing many new players discourages us. For example I'm a M&B player since the early versions of the game when Armagan was still working on the game, bought warband twice, one from steam when it first came out and second as a CD because the case included a Calradia map as a poster. Released 2 mods which I'm sure made a lot of people buy the game since some fans of my mods said "I bought the game during the sale just to play this mod" etc etc. Yet the current attitude of Taleworlds towards people like us hurts the community and discourages us because I saw on reddit a while ago that they gave away more keys to the people and we are still waiting. I dont have a problem with not playing the Beta, my problem is about their dismissive attitude (although I'm not saying deliberate) towards some of the remaining old fans.

With all due respect to Tale Worlds, I'l have to agree on this one.

People who got the beta key legit never play the game (we only see around like 20-40 people online when 1000+ keys were sent out)

Plus Veterans are able to give a better constructive criticism since they are familar with the old mechanics.

Im not bashing TW as I am grateful to recieve the first or second wave of the beta key.

Sorry but no, no matter how you ppl want to call it, the beta signin process was a total failure. Just the fact of letting anyone who probably never ever played the game, doesnt own Warband or doesnt even have Steam account it should be a big fail.
They should spend some time on planning and making a system for that. Not just a basic html form. If they "waste" at least 2 weeks on a system that integrate the Steam usser to the form, for example, MANY of the BETA KEY SELLING /total ilegal thing/ could be avoided.

And no, developers dont need peopple who never played the game to test the combat. They need the most experienced ones.
Newbies will be usefull in the Early Access. They can learn how to play there, and then mark what they think is wrong with it.
But in the Beta, that is just a waste of time and resources.

Personally, i was waiting for one key to test.. I have done testing before in other games, i have some knowledge of game development... So i think i should be helpful for them, and like me, there are a lot of peopple, outside the beta.. In our place, ppl who never test anything, never play Warband and other who dont even use the key (sell it).

So well, i will try to do whatever i should i ve done in the beta, in the Early Access and make a lot of reports about bugs and things that i consider wrong. Detailed posts, replicated problems and so. No problem. But i had to say it... The beta management was a failure.

Sorry but no, no matter how you ppl want to call it, the beta signin process was a total failure. Just the fact of letting anyone who probably never ever played the game, doesnt own Warband or doesnt even have Steam account it should be a big fail.
They should spend some time on planning and making a system for that. Not just a basic html form. If they "waste" at least 2 weeks on a system that integrate the Steam usser to the form, for example, MANY of the BETA KEY SELLING /total ilegal thing/ could be avoided.

And no, developers dont need peopple who never played the game to test the combat. They need the most experienced ones.
Newbies will be usefull in the Early Access. They can learn how to play there, and then mark what they think is wrong with it.
But in the Beta, that is just a waste of time and resources.

Personally, i was waiting for one key to test.. I have done testing before in other games, i have some knowledge of game development... So i think i should be helpful for them, and like me, there are a lot of peopple, outside the beta.. In our place, ppl who never test anything, never play Warband and other who dont even use the key (sell it).

So well, i will try to do whatever i should i ve done in the beta, in the Early Access and make a lot of reports about bugs and things that i consider wrong. Detailed posts, replicated problems and so. No problem. But i had to say it... The beta management was a failure.

Yeah, people are selling the key on the market as of currently.

Controlling who gets the key is the best way to avoid these problems

As the title says, just seeing if anyone might have a key they might share. If not so be it, wait tell the end of the month I've been waiting this long so what is two more weeks to 8 years. But it would be cool to try the multiplayer if possible. Anyways like everyone else just counting the days to jump back into the world of Calradia. The old Mount&Blade games were some of the best overlooked gems of there time IMHO.

Take care all.

6 more days to wait , Kinda boring, so was wondering if any of you have any spare beta key, to kill time while waiting.?
I did app for one but nothing so far :smile:
Tnx guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom