[B] OSP Warband Item Variants 1.6 RELEASED (New Screens)

Users who are viewing this thread

About the gauntlets.

The line is in my module.ini and the resource file IS in my resources. I'm still not seeing them.

Been pimping my companions with all the sweet gear, and noticed a few of the items don't match the female bodies when worn. They are:

All the Byrnies (except the vanilla one)
All the Haburgreons (whatever the spelling, except the vanilla one)
the red Padded Leather

All the rest look great! Just a minor touch up you may wish to address. By the way, when the game gets to 'loading textures" I see a few error messages, something to the effect of 'unable to retexture great_helm_new, mesh will be ignored'. But, all the great helms look fine and work, and most importantly, don't crash my game......so, I guess I don't care. Great stuff.

When it says that about the great_helm_new, its just saying that it has the same texture already in the main WB textures folder, so it will ignore the texture in the module folder. Its not really an error. As for the women wearing the armor, I'm not sure how to fix that, i didnt put it on any women so i didnt know it would do that, you might want to post that as a question in the module development area.

As for the gauntlets, try overwriting your original gauntlets text in the item kinds with this:

itm_gauntlets Gauntlets Gauntlets 2  gauntlets_L 0  gauntlets_L 134217728  65551 0 1040 704643236 1.000000 100 0 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Im pretty sure that it shouldnt change anything. Just remember that the gauntlets_new.brf goes in your module's resource folder.

Well, the funny thing is that your new bringandines, coats of plate, and surcoats fit the womenfolk just fine....and I'm assuming you simply duplicated meshes, textures, etc. and changed the colors a bit...so it makes sense that they would work fine with either gender. Got no clue why the game insists on making Ymira more manly looking after I get ther a nice Byrnie.....

Anway, for the tourney helms, five colors are already done for you....just copy the arean tourney helms and rename them to like "great plumed helm" or something, and make them available in stores. But you probably knew that....... :grin:

caprera said:
Is there a possibility these errors are caused by the use of this mod with another one ? I'm using it with Litus ATM....

Yeah...Litus module seems to have a hell of a time with new armor....Try browsing this thread for ways to modify the item_kinds file (like page 2)

Thick, the items.txt line you dropped me was the same as what was in my file already. Still not seeing those gloves... I'll keep looking into it.

Well I'm not sure what's causing the problem. I know it works on mine so I'll just give you the rundown on how mine is set up. I have a (updated)gauntlets_new.brf in my common_res folder as well as my modules Resource folder. I also have the gauntlets_new.dds texture in both my Modules Texture folder, and my main Texture folder. Are you atleast getting the armors and helms to appear properly?

The rest of the armors are good to go. Even added them to my troops.
The only problem is with the original red-colored helmet. It flashes like the unit is wearing two helmets, but this is not a big issue.

Also, I don't have a Gauntlets_new texture. Wasn't in the .rar file I downloaded.

I was just about to say the same thing i'm getting cannot load texture gauntletsnewb and i check the download and low and behold they where never in it to begin with. my other problem is that i have overwritten the commonres version as suggested so now none of my versions of wb will load.... ooops (Note to self, must make backups of those....doh!) lol

Edit* Just to clarify it is the actual coding lines as well as the gauntlets_new.dds that seem to be absent from the latest download. The new gauntlets are definately missing from the readme in the version i have anyway. Pretty sure i did a copy paste not a cut as the other parts of the readme are intact.

Thanks! Anywho, yes I realized I forgot to add gauntlets_newb.dds to the RAR. This has been fixed and gauntlets should now work without any problems. As for the great_helm issue, I messed around with it but couldn't find a single thing different from the way the other helms were installed and added apart from the absence of the common texture (helmets_new_f) in the .brf file. I have added it to the brf now though. I have also updated the download so feel free to try it. Just overwrite your existing files with this. Feedback is, as always, encouraged and appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :s but the current download is corrupt or incomplete. there isn't even a textures folder this time, so still no .DDS file for the gauntlets.

It could however just be my download that didn't work as i just hit peaktime and my service is lousy around then. I'll let you know for sure when i've had a chance to try again.
It was just my ISP playing up. Not to worry.

Back
Top Bottom