[B] OSP Warband Item Variants 1.6 RELEASED (New Screens)

Users who are viewing this thread

Last time i had something like that happen it was becaue the order in which i had installed the coding lines was different to how i previously had it. The game (propper modder correct me if i'm wrong) seems to load items from the items1.txt in the order presented. For example if you put the items above the line for plate boots one time and bellow it another time your savegame will have totally different eqipment.
However, i have yet to buy any of the new items so i can't be sure.

Ohhh the guy this was intended for removed his post lol never mind

Yea, I made a mistake on my own. Wasn't to do with his mod.

The gloves are in now. They don't look too bad in game. Only comment I have is that the wrist guard doesn't quite match the gloves. It's too smooth and shiny compared to the hand. Otherwise quite nice.

You need to put the resource file for the gauntlets into your commonres folder. Back up the file it overwrites.
Then put the texture for it into the texture folder of your main Warband folder (not the module).

To the creator: Would it be too much to ask for an update in the gloves? The wrist really does look far too smooth and shiny to match the hand.

Ahh i see.... So how would one give them a unique code so that they don't? I'm looking into it because i've seen lots of mods that could do with being combined in my game and they just won't. For example this one won't add with 15th Century Unfortunately :sad: and i'd love to borrow some swords from 1275ad improved (personal use only you understand).

Ah okay, yeah i had changed all the metallic textures in my game to be the same so the gauntlets match in mine. Would you all prefer that I release my metal textures for vaegir, sarranid, and other armors which all are exactly alike, or would you rather i just change the gauntlet wrist guard to match the native texture?

On the matter of making a unique code for the gauntlets, you would have to go to the brf and rename all the gauntlets to say, iron_gauntlets. Then do this to all items pertaining to them such as wristguards and LODS. Then copy the original gauntlets items_kind line, and repaste it at the bottom and change the item name to match the new name you gave it on the brf.

As long as you can find a way to use them without overwritting common res files and textures i'll be happy lol

Hmm thanks for the advice on renaming, i'll look into it but it sounds a little out of my league to be honest :s

Personally, I'd prefer the gauntlets changed. I'm sure not everyone would want to change all the metal textures in their game.

If you want to fix the flickering great_helmet_new that swadian knights wear I'm thinking the fix would be removing the great_helmet_new duplicates from the thick_helmets.brf. I have not tested the fix yet though.

The difference between the haubergeons and the byrnies in the brf is that they have no animations, not sure how this happened or how to fix it yet, but I think this is whats causing the male women armor.

Not sure what you mean, i checked the RAR and the armors all had the animations cheering, walking and such. As for the flickering helmet, i havent had the issue since i updated the brf. If there were duplicate meshes it would have likely combined them, thus doubling the vertices count, and it still has remained the same as a normal great helm + the mail for the neck. As for the gauntlets, I have reloaded the modpack with the texture: gauntlets_newc and given it its own item_kinds line on the installation document. so there are now 42 items! Remember to adjust that accordingly. So the gauntlets will now no longer override the originals. and they will have the proper greenish metallic texture.

If I scrolled through the different armors in openbrf, the byrnies and the haubergeons had no PLAY button for the animations, which was the only difference I could tell between them.  I recopied the original meshes and they then had the play button for animations, I'm testing it now.

thick1988 said:
I have reloaded the modpack with the texture: gauntlets_newc and given it its own item_kinds line on the installation document. so there are now 42 items! Remember to adjust that accordingly. So the gauntlets will now no longer override the originals. and they will have the proper greenish metallic texture.
Thankyou for this edition. I was just reading up on item modding on old forum posts and it was swiss cheesing my brain a little lol

Thick if you want to include the fix here it is,
http://www.mediafire.com/?tdhhimchymw
that fixes the men female thing.
Tested on my game, so far all the byrnies and haubers now show my figure as a woman.

Ailan said:
Thick if you want to include the fix here it is,
http://www.mediafire.com/?tdhhimchymw
that fixes the men female thing.
Tested on my game, so far all the byrnies and haubers now show my figure as a woman.

Thanks, ill copy your brf and put it on the next release.  :smile: Did you change the text for the item kinds too or is that the same?

Back
Top Bottom