[B] OSP Warband Item Variants 1.6 RELEASED (New Screens)

Currently viewing this thread:

thick1988

Master Knight
WBWF&SNW
Best answers
Yes, merchants will sell it. It is all purchasable through them. No troops will be equipped with it yet, but you may do that yourself using a troop editor.

DONT FORGET TO DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION WHICH SHOULD BE ERROR FREE.

Cassial

Veteran
Best answers
The installation text didn't have the new gauntlets included.

They don't seem to have overidden the old ones, either.

thick1988

Master Knight
WBWF&SNW
Best answers
Its not the text that overrides it. You have to put "gauntlets_new.brf" into your module's resource folder first. Then after that you need to make sure you add "load_module_resource = gauntlets_new" The gauntlets i added wristguards to are not named different from the Native ones, and therefore all you need to do is place the brf in the folder and add the line i said to the module.ini.  That should work.

caprera

Squire
Best answers
Is definitely necessary to start a new game to have them around or just some patience in going around for markets ?

zaldir

Regular
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Please note that my fix is no longer necessary, as the mod has been updated with a fix. :smile:

caprera

Squire
Best answers
I got the latest version, and the gauntlets error....

EDIT:

2 more errors entering Armour merchant:

Unable to find: mesh_haubergeon_g
Unable to find: mesh_byrnie_b_new

zaldir

Regular
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
When you get an error message, just follow the procedure I posted, just change the name of the file to remove from the brf file..

i.e change "byrnie_g" to "haubergeon_g"...

caprera

Squire
Best answers
Thanks but i just wanted to report a bug. I don't want to start messing with files of another game.  :mrgreen:

I prefer to wait for another fix and nothing else. I'm already doing my modding part in AA2 & SH5......

zaldir

Regular
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
but by the way, does the message appear when starting the game, or just when talking to a merchant?

Askorti

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
Hi! How can I just change colour of old brigantines/surcoats instead off adding new ones?

Askorti

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
caprera said:
Open the corresponding .dds files in the main texture folder in photoshop......
Will it work when I just overwrite new ones (from that mod) on old ones?

caprera

Squire
Best answers
I open them in my photoshop and then save them over. No problems as now...

I did this many times to tone down many armours in particular because i think too many of them have bright colors...

zaldir

Regular
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
What is it exactly that doesn't work?
Do you get a message or something when launching the game?

Count Scipio

Recruit
Best answers
zaldir said:
What is it exactly that doesn't work?
Do you get a message or something when launching the game?
I get error when it launching. Even that error wouldn't tell, where/which file have wrong. Only say that game won't start because is spotted wrong file, but not tell.  :oops: All this started, when I put this mod.

thick1988

Master Knight
WBWF&SNW
Best answers
Im not sure why you are getting errors. I tested it again this morning and installed it on a brand new native file in a totally new MB Warband folder just to be sure. I had no errors, there is something wrong with the way you have installed it. The Haubergon mesh g is in the resource folder with proper texture and so it shouldnt have that error. I havent tested this with other mods, but as it is only adding new items it should be fine, as long as you add them properly. You may need to start a new game after reinstalling the new version. Also make sure these are going in your module folder, and that you are typing load_module_resource and not load_resource. Remember, put this in you module's folder. Not in the Warband main folder's textures and resources.