Users who are viewing this thread

It's the auto-block people who are consistently using hateful and aggressive language towards others. Things like calling people "crap human beings", using foul language and swearing (such as piss, bastard, etc). It's actually making my experience on the forum really uncomfortable. I'm under attack for simply expressing my opinions. Very concerning.
I've been called trash about 8 times for saying that manual block in single player isn't fun and that I shouldn't be forced to use it since an automatic option existed in every previous title. I don't really give a **** what these people think. I just want the developers to know that I think they're ****ting on their own game. And that's in like the last 3 pages.

Let me explain something to all of you antagonists.

1. Directional auto blocking was in all installments before

2. Not all of us have 12 hours or even 24 hours to play the game

3. Directional auto blocking does not affect you - it helps those who want it in SINGLE player

4. Mount&Blade was never skill based game - it was for fun - playing with auto block gave me fun and means for relief from stressfull day at work.

5. I dont care about playing multiplayer

6. I dont care about mastering game mechanics including manual block.

7. I dont care about shields or bows and crossbows. Sword and board playstyle is boring.

8. Be more empathetic to others, no one had anything against forcing manual block in multiplayer, be a human and do the same for us.

I must admit that I am quite surprised at the amount of people who want autoblock.

There are many options to circumvent that problem :
-use a shield
-grab a bow, a crossbow, some throwing weapons
-use a horse
-trade, blacksmith or lead your troops instead of fighting alone
-if you don't know how to block, just spam the attack button, it will allow you to kill most things up to level 25
-uninstall the game

With all those options available, I absolutely do not understand why this debate is still a thing.

It also really bothers me that the title of this subject is in capital letters, highlighting the real rage of that part of the community. When most people try to take the debate seriously.

Anyway, this matter reminds me of a truly interesting statement : "use your brain to circumvent what you cannot face, or grind all your life for a worthless goal".

Concerning disabled, I am pretty sure that moving their mouse right and left isn't that much of a deal since they do that anyway to wander around the campaign map. So I think most """disabled""" here are just trying to blame taleworlds using the generally-working card of minorities.

All The Best

Because they're literally triggered by the thought that others might be having fun in a way they don't personally understand and approve of.

I dont need to put words into people's mouths. Direct quotes are doing the trick, you massive sealioning troll.

I'm glad you are mad over this. Kudos to Taleworlds for making this fascist fool foam with rage. Imagine attacking people for voicing their opinions. :grin:

I've been called trash about 8 times for saying that manual block in single player isn't fun and that I shouldn't be forced to use it since an automatic option existed in every previous title. I don't really give a **** what these people think. I just want the developers to know that I think they're ****ting on their own game. And that's in like the last 3 pages.
That's basically it :

- I don't find manual direction blocking fun I want auto direction blocking back.
- stfu nuub just git gud.

Yeah he's straight up sealioning at this point and it's so obvious it's almost painful. "I'm not being rude by telling people to git gud, those people are being rude by telling me that saying git gud is rude!" It's pathetic.

I must admit that I am quite surprised at the amount of people who want autoblock.

There are many options to circumvent that problem :
-use a shield
-grab a bow, a crossbow, some throwing weapons
-use a horse
-trade, blacksmith or lead your troops instead of fighting alone
-if you don't know how to block, just spam the attack button, it will allow you to kill most things up to level 25
-uninstall the game

With all those options available, I absolutely do not understand why this debate is still a thing.

It also really bothers me that the title of this subject is in capital letters, highlighting the real rage of that part of the community. When most people try to take the debate seriously.

Anyway, this matter reminds me of a truly interesting statement : "use your brain to circumvent what you cannot face, or grind all your life for a worthless goal".

Concerning disabled, I am pretty sure that moving their mouse right and left isn't that much of a deal since they do that anyway to wander around the campaign map. So I think most """disabled""" here are just trying to blame taleworlds using the generally-working card of minorities.

All The Best
For the last time, I don't want to hear about the playstyles that circumvent the new ****ty blocking mechanic. I know how to use a shield. I know how to ride a horse and kite the enemy with a bow. I know how to stay out of combay entirely. All of those strategies are just as viable as they were in previous titles. They are also just as boring as they were in previous titles. The game is perfectly playable, it's just not fun.

I want to be able to join the fight. I want to be able to fight with the weapon of my choosing. I don't want my decision to not constantly carry a shield to basically guarantee that I get knocked out 100% of the time.

Again, I bought Mount and Blade -- not Hiding Behind a Shield Simulator.

Folks, let’s try and calm down please, I am one of the players that would like the OPTION for automatic blocking in Single Player. The forum is to discuss not start an argument XD

I'm glad you are mad over this. Kudos to Taleworlds for making this fascist fool foam with rage. Imagine attacking people for voicing their opinions. :grin:
We've got 20 pages of people throwing insults at those who dared ask for an autoblock option. You have no moral high ground here. Imagine attacking people for asking for a simple game option that doesn't effect you in any way. Although, don't have to imagine it, it's happening here, Steam, Reddit... a lot of tryhard trolls coming out of the woodwork to gatekeep.

Yeah he's straight up sealioning at this point and it's so obvious it's almost painful. "I'm not being rude by telling people to git gud, those people are being rude by telling me that saying git gud is rude!" It's pathetic.

Do you even know who are you talking about at this point? You've been harrassing people left and right for their opinions for a while, and I think you're losing your target. :grin: No wonder why you want auto-block if you do the same in game. :grin:

Honestly, I don't understand why some people hate auto-blocking that much.

It is an option in single-player for god's sake, if you don't want it, just turn it off, it won't affect you if someone at the other side of the world use it.

Same thing with cheating : Who cares if you are cheating in a single-player game.

I strongly hope that all of the "auto block" trolls will be put aside quite quickly, as they are clearly beginners that are really annoying and toxic. Even if that is a limited part of the community, they are harassing people in private messages and insult whenever we make a point.

Honestly, I don't understand why some people hate auto-blocking that much.

It is an option in single-player for god's sake, if you don't want it, just turn it off, it won't affect you if someone at the other side of the world use it.

Same thing with cheating : Who cares if you are cheating in a single-player game.
THIS. If I can just cheat in money and teleport around the map, buy all the best armor in the game, etc... why can't I switch to easier blocking controls?

Half the people telling us to get good are probably using cheats themselves.

I played with those options as well, except the death one.
What make you think that those option make you a better player ?
It just mean that you get killed in 2 shot if you can't block and take your sweet-ass time to get somewhere.
You are not supposed to be one man army lol. And high map movement speed means you can farm exp on low tier enemies, because they are much slower than you. Low map movement speed makes you think before you go somewhere. You have to use your brain instead of sitting there "playing" it in a constant state of numbness.

I strongly hope that all of the "auto block" trolls will be put aside quite quickly, as they are clearly beginners that are really annoying and toxic. Even if that is a limited part of the community, they are harassing people in private messages and insult whenever we make a point.
If you're arguing against adding an auto-block option to the game, you haven't made any valid points. It always just boils down to "git gud" no matter how you word it.

When someone says "Hey, can we have this option back in the game in a way that would literally effect no-one else" and your response is "No", it's really very obvious who the trolls are.

I am doing the best thing a true player would do.

There's no such thing. So go and stuff your "My Way Is The Only Way" attitude up your @#$.

Just because someone plays a game that you don't, or plays the same game a different way, doesn't make one any more of a "true" player. Case in point, the MMO air-combat simulator Aces High: Some players like to fly fighters. Some like bombers. Some like ground vehicles. Some players do all three. Some players like to focus on one aircraft. Some players fly many different aircraft. Some players fly solo. Some players fly with a wingman or squadron. Some like Energy Fighting. Some like close-quarters turning fights. Some players only fly in the Dueling arena. Some players only fly in the Main Arena. Some players only log in for scenarios and special events. Many many many many many many MANY different play styles, and every single one of them is as equally valid as another.

Back
Top Bottom