{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Users who are viewing this thread

Greedalicious said:
Considering the literal second I joined an AU server to check it out I was bombarded by people telling me to fk off, the community dying was inevitable.

Hey man, it happens to me too, and I'm Australian.

But nah, everything was fine until NW was released, it split the playerbase right down the middle. Australia/NZ simply doesn't have the population to sustain a multiplayer community, in what is basically an indie game, for any sustained period when it's being chopped up into subcommunities. Toxicity isn't really a problem for the new players that replenish the community. It seems to be an unspoken rule even among the biggest griefers to leave the new players alone, all the toxicity is targeted between small groups of veteran players at each other and at people with high ping.

Honestly the community lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

TerrorBite said:
Here's a simple way to tell if au is dead:

Decent battle server ✗
Decent duel server ✗
Playerbase ✓ (kinda)

gg rip

I've been stuck in the Congo for the last two months so I haven't really been able to manage bjornia properly. The server it was on died just before I left and reverted to a backup config from about a year ago. I should have some days off when I get back, so I will try and spend some time making some interesting server configs. I know this is probably not enough to get any life going, but I dunno. Temporarily I have switched it to a duel config for now, which I assume will be fine because warbad will capture the dm players. Seeding battle is extremely difficult at the moment so I haven't switched it to a battle config, but I can at a moment's notice if you wish. I don't know what the state of duel servers is atm, but in a few days when I get back I will see what's what.

If anyone has any suggestions about what I could do to make the server more interesting, just message me on steam or respond in this thread. Also if you want the admin password you can also message me.

Hopefully bannerlord comes out in a few months, or at least some form of early access / beta.

In terms of generating interest, I don't know. There is a script being run on one of the NW servers that has MMR for duelling. Additionally the ludus has a lot of features that Australian duel servers lacks. I could try and convert the server in to something similar to that, but I doubt that would help, nor do I think that they would be willing to share the config files.

I could alternatively try to get a server in Singapore and hope that's in ping range of China, but I don't know if that would pan out, and this is only a solution for WA players.

If the last 6 years taught me anything, it is that anticipation for Bannerlord is pointless.

I expect the best option would be to have it set to duels and have many admins who change it to battle when over 8 or so players are on, opposed to relying on just 1 active admin.
However, this would involve ensuring there are no trollmins cos then it turns to cancer.

Then on top of this a rating system for duels (and maybe eventually for pub battle).
I know bg recorded k/d, it shouldn't be too much harder to take a kill/death against a given relative rating player, run an arbitrary modification, and replace the prior rating. They did this by alias, but it'd be nicer if we could base it on id, but display the most used alias (on a website which doesn't even exist yet).

I'm 90% sure someone will come along and say something 10x better than ^ so i wont expand it further yet...

yedrellow said:
Meevar is wrong on this specific issue. Spear + shield  is needed against any half-decent cav.

Pretty sure I know that matchup a lot better than you. :razz:

It's like if I told you "great maul is needed against any decent shield user". No, it's not. That sounds retarded if you know how the game works.

Sundeki said:
Hey man, it happens to me too, and I'm Australian.

But nah, everything was fine until NW was released, it split the playerbase right down the middle. Australia/NZ simply doesn't have the population to sustain a multiplayer community, in what is basically an indie game, for any sustained period when it's being chopped up into subcommunities. Toxicity isn't really a problem for the new players that replenish the community. It seems to be an unspoken rule even among the biggest griefers to leave the new players alone, all the toxicity is targeted between small groups of veteran players at each other and at people with high ping.

Honestly the community lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

Idk, there have been a few major griefers who actively and constantly tried to get newbies to stop playing, though everyone in this category that I remember was in mid-tier skill level and bitter about it, so beneath the notice of the average highly skilled player.

Agree on the NW thing though. Since release it's sopped up all of the new players, even though the combat is pretty bad in comparison to native WB.

Munby said:
it's not worth the effort terrorbite, and no one is going to do it.

Seaward has set up a system for recording scores on his servers, they're the DT ones. In his words, "The ASI (Approximated Score Indication) Rating system is currently in Beta and the algorithm may be subject to change as results come in. I want it to accurately portray players' melee skill."

I don't really understand how, but I think it's pretty cool.

http://dueling-theatre.com/forums/index.php

It's on both his Native and NW servers. As far as I am aware these are just duel servers, but I would be interested to see how it translated into battle, as currently I believe the intention is just to show melee score.

The game is rather dead at the moment and not looking like it will get any better. However despite this I plan to keep bjornia up indefinitely to account for the possibility that bannerlord is less than desirable as an alternative for warband.

Bjornia will remain up forever, even if it's the last server in the world.

yedrellow said:
The game is rather dead at the moment and not looking like it will get any better. However despite this I plan to keep bjornia up indefinitely to account for the possibility that bannerlord is less than desirable as an alternative for warband.

Should I reinstall... and play again?
Reason says, "No."
Heart says, "Yed...  :razz: I mean... Yes."

He, he...

Edit...
I hope everyone I played with on Warband is doing well. Looking forward to Bannerlord and being the go to kill on MP for that too... :oops:

One of the oldies from before my time it seems, bet your ID ~1?
Unless you want DM it's not so easy to find when others are on. I'll try to post during active times here https://discord.gg/UEsbCjD, otherwise you can still see when people are on through the discord.

Sir Bogan said:
yedrellow said:

Should I reinstall... and play again?
Reason says, "No."
Heart says, "Yed...  :razz: I mean... Yes."

He, he...

AU Warband is going through another one of it's lull phases, I thought the game outright died in 2013 which is why I stopped playing, but it bounced back a little bit and limped on until 2017. There's probably not much point in playing it again unless you like Deathmatch servers that cap out at 15 players on good nights.

I hope everyone I played with on Warband is doing well. Looking forward to Bannerlord and being the go to kill on MP for that too... :oops:

You too Bogan. Liver still intact?  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom