{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Users who are viewing this thread

BL matchmaking will be good for the aus community 2bh  :idea:

tired of noobs ****ting up the game  :cool:

Greicha said:

Maybe, but here's the problem. Look at queue times for grandmasters in overwatch in OCE. People literally have to smurf on accounts 500 SR lower than their real rank just to get a game. Bannerlord matchmaking will not be anywhere near as popular as overwatch is, even currently. Therefore the queues will be literally broken in OCE due to low population.

yedrellow said:
Greicha said:

Maybe, but here's the problem. Look at queue times for grandmasters in overwatch in OCE. People literally have to smurf on accounts 500 SR lower than their real rank just to get a game. Bannerlord matchmaking will not be anywhere near as popular as overwatch is, even currently. Therefore the queues will be literally broken in OCE due to low population.

i could see matchmaking working really well for duel with the small population, you are probably right about team modes though

Unless Australian noobs and scrubs miraculously learn to play the game in the twilight months of warband the same problem will happen in BL as is happening now in warband with the alternative server browser system though, you have noobs buying the game on sales, then playing the game, and then quitting after getting destroyed by top players, a mm system would fix this but as you said low population inhibits the mm system

I think the solution for this in BL will be to have more open duel tournaments with cash prizes (once a month/every 6 months/year), this would motivate new players to focus on improving their melee skill and mechanical understanding (which both go hand in hand with battle). They could then progress on to 2v2 melee tournaments and then onto 5v5 scrims/7v7/8v8 or whatever is the esport format for banner. obviously a problem is advertising these tournaments, which would be easier with a server browser system or a steam integrated system where players can add each other directly through the game and invite to tournament groups.

these tournaments i can finance.

there is no seriousness in the game currently, it is treated like a playground to mess around in (the popularity of naked/default loadouts demonstrates this) and not as the serious competitive game it could be, LAN and online tournaments with prizes + twitch esport popularity could fix that in BL tho

i was in a "groupfight" last week (no range, no cavalry). the standard was so low and the ruleset was so hindering that it was the first time i didn't enjoy an organised native event. pretty embarrassing how far we've fallen

if anyone was there, compare that ****ty 8v8 to this poetry.

Goris said:
Cosmic Ciiges said:
FT provides poetry to our australian comrades

don't flatter yourself bro, it really doesn't take much to make an aussie warbander erect these days

Ciiges is a delicious cav though to be honest. With australian warband officially dead (and buried for 6 months) I think we have to transition to commentators and spectators as has happened in pretty much every 'esport' this year. Renegades in CS:GO did terrible in the major, the Australian world cup team in overwatch is going to get eliminated in groups with ease, and we're pretty much irrelevant in everything else as well. I think there's 1 vaguely ok R6 siege team, and literally one ok dota 2 player, but that's it.

It's a dark year for OCE.

Back
Top Bottom