Assassins Creed III - trailer released.

Users who are viewing this thread

On the downside, the idiotic "fast walk" button is still there.
On the upside, did he just punch off a padlock? Badass.
Overall it looks like the same old thing with minor improvements, but since the old thing was pretty good I'm not complaining. Though I still think the hood looks stupid in this setting.

I did notice quite a lot of clipping. Not really big clipping issues, small bits, but differently colored and therefore very noticeable.

Big Boss said:
Did 'ye notice the frame drops? Heh the ol' Ps and Xbox are getting obsolete..

I don't think that was on a PS3, pretty sure it would be a PC with the PS3 drivers to support the controller. What with a PC graphics always going to look better.

Seems unlikely. You can't get a PC to recognize a PS3 controller as such, it shows up either as a 360 pad or as a generic gamepad. The games don't support it either. Unless they made that video using a specially made PC version of the game where the 360 pad screen prompts are replaced by PS3 pad prompts. Which I wouldn't put past them, actually.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Seems unlikely. You can't get a PC to recognize a PS3 controller as such, it shows up either as a 360 pad or as a generic gamepad. The games don't support it either. Unless they made that video using a specially made PC version of the game where the 360 pad screen prompts are replaced by PS3 pad prompts. Which I wouldn't put past them, actually.
It does work with me. Most games are just not compatible with the controller, but he recognizes it as a PS3 controller.

Seriously? When I plug in a PS3 controler, Windows does identify it as such but it doesn't work. Axes and buttons do nothing. I have to use MotionInJoy drivers to get it to work. What games did you get to recognize it and work with it?

Ringwraith #5 said:
Seriously? When I plug in a PS3 control er, Windows does identify it as such but it doesn't work. Axes and buttons do nothing. I have to use MotionInJoy drivers to get it to work. What games did you get to recognize it and work with it?

Well, I can select the PS3 controller in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, but it doesn't really work like it should. Probably because the game allows you to recognize any controller, keypad or mouse that is also recognized by your computer.

I did need a program to install it though, but I can't find back which one it was. I probably removed it from my computer as the controller proved useless, even when my computer knew it was a PS3 controller.

Well the only third party driver for it that works that I know of is MotionInJoy. In which case it shows up either as a generic controller or as a 360 pad (which is awesome, because lots of games support those with no need to configure ****).

Ringwraith #5 said:
Well the only third party driver for it that works that I know of is MotionInJoy. In which case it shows up either as a generic controller or as a 360 pad (which is awesome, because lots of games support those with no need to configure ****).
Indeed, I used to use MotionInJoy when I played Shank and Test Drive.

As a 360 controller you say?
Does that mean that I can have the program recognize my PS3 controller as a 360 controller? And then play any game that supports that type of controller?

Big Boss said:
Ringwraith #5 said:
Indeed, I used to use MotionInJoy when I played Shank and Test Drive.
Yeah, but then you wouldn't see the in-game control prompts as PS3-specific. E.g. the "fast walk" button would show up as A, not X. That gameplay video was either on a PS3 or they had fake UI elements to make it seem like it was.

Lord Tim said:
As a 360 controller you say?
Does that mean that I can have the program recognize my PS3 controller as a 360 controller? And then play any game that supports that type of controller?
That's exactly what it means, yes.
Be warned that there are some downsides, it's not a simple "plug it in and and be done with it" deal as with an actual 360 pad. The config utility is web-based, so you need to be online to use it. There used to be an offline version that someone made, but I have no idea what happened to that and if it's still around. You'll need to switch it to 360 mode every time you start your computer, it defaults to the generic controller (which is really stupid IMO, I bet most people only ever use it in 360 mode). The drivers are really finicky when it comes to Bluetooth adapters, it's a toss-up whether any particular model will work with it. It has to be BT 2.0+EDR, but even some adapters that meet that specification reportedly don't work. If you want wireless, you're better off just buying the recommended BT adapter, which is guaranteed to work properly (it's like ten bucks with free shipping worldwide, so no big deal). The adapter will also become bound to the controller and won't be usable for anything else.
On the upside, it's the only way to use a PS3 controller instead of a 360 one on the PC and the config utility does allow you to configure everything about the controller. I prefer the ergonomics of the PS3 pad, so I've learned to live with the slight annoyances that using unofficial third-party drivers that are still in active development inevitably brings.

Glad to be of service. Get it here: http://www.motioninjoy.com/ Lots of info and install instructions here: http://www.motioninjoy.com/wiki/en/help Also, forums: http://forums.motioninjoy.com/

Back
Top Bottom