Assassins Creed III - trailer released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Comrade Temuzu said:
But I liked it. The trailer was about the revolution, so I dont see anything wrong with the overly patriotic tone.

Except it being a blinkered, tunnel-vision, one-sided tone that owes more to fantasy than historical fact.

Comrade Temuzu said:
But I liked it. The trailer was about the revolution, so I dont see anything wrong with the overly patriotic tone.
My problem as how everything was black and white. The depiction of the demon-like, children raping, women eating British forces.
The complete lack of depth.

Of course, action game, mass release, bla bla, fool to expect any depth. But come on...
There's a limit for just about everything.

I would want to play it if they had done this:

cad-20100329-bd73f.jpg

Or if they changed the gameplay mechanics in a meaningful way. Instead of yet another assassin who walks exactly the same way as his predecessors, moves in exactly the same way when attacking or doing anything, and has the exact same set of skills. You never have to use stealth. You go in with a grand entrance, massacre your target in front of everyone and their mother, slaughter about a hundred guards, and then walk away. Another thing is they're not going to optimize the PC version for mouse and keyboard, saying "If you're playing this game on the PC, I think you're playing it with a controller", which I personally think is stupid. I'm probably going to wait until this is on sale before I touch it, just because my OCDness requires that if I have one game in a series, I have the rest of them.

But seriously. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pUhraVG7Ow

And tell me there's not a complete lack of subtlety in his approach.

The trailer would be more meaningful if they hadn't lost the opportunity to show both sides of the war and how they were being manipulated by the templars. I'm a fan of the franchise, but whatever little subtlety it had in the previous games seems to have been thrown out of the window now. No two sides, no shades of grey, just 'Murica.

Illyrius said:
Rifleman said:
Dude, he's totally subtle. Notice how well he blends into the 18th century crowd with his clothes.
:lol: Indeed, I found it incredibly silly that he wouldn't have a more discreet outfit to wear to a battle.

But then he wouldn't be a true assassin!  :eek:

I like it how even the guards in AssCreed 2 think the hood is stupid. They often say "why the hood?" when suspicious of you.

Harkon Haakonson said:
Illyrius said:
Rifleman said:
Dude, he's totally subtle. Notice how well he blends into the 18th century crowd with his clothes.
:lol: Indeed, I found it incredibly silly that he wouldn't have a more discreet outfit to wear to a battle.
Well he's not meant to be for one side or t'other. So the British wear red, the Continental forces wear blue and he wears white... oh my Gods he's fighting for the French!
US_Revolutionary_War_french_soldier.jpg

He's neutral but has been exclusively shown to be fighting for the Americans.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/09/fassassins-creed/#more-115151

With the way the story's been going in the previous installments (down a hill), the way the gameplay's going (down a hill into a ditch), and the way the setting, pandering to Americans, seems to be going (down a hill, through the ditch on a one-way trip to hell), we can hope this will be at least marginally more entertaining than Superman 64.

The hookblades only useful thing was the zip lines, the climbing thing was just the metal cestus but with you from the start.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Altair's character development

*snicker*

first 15 minutes: "**** off peasants, I'm an assassin and a ****ing badass! ****ing templars, I'ma get you, you're going down! "

Rest of the game, after being punished for his cockiness at the end of the prologue: "yes master assassin master. I shall do as you like. I am the embodiment of the rules of the creed and I have no personality."

Caba`drin said:
Sir Hitson Winsler said:
The hookblades only useful thing was the zip lines, the climbing thing was just the metal cestus but with you from the start.
And you could...like...trip folks and flip over them. Both so useful.

Zip lines < Horses.

Those moves would only be useful if the enemies didn't wait in turn to attack you.

Back
Top Bottom