With Fire and Sword 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

matiflo

Recruit
Yep
Today I read about something...strange. The Snowbird and Sich (creators of the "With Fire and Sword") are making... WFaS 2!
The polish subtitle of this game is "Ku Karaibom", so in English it's "Toward Caribbean". It's about the colonial wars in Caribbean in XVII century. The main thing in this game is the Sea Battles. On the other hand Sea Battles were announced by the Deluge mod creators :wink:

And last but not least :wink:
Screenshots:
ogniem-i-mieczem-2-ku-karaibom-29.06.12_03_174yd.jpg

ogniem-i-mieczem-2-ku-karaibom-29.06.12_02_174yd.jpg

ogniem-i-mieczem-2-ku-karaibom-29.06.12_01_174yd.jpg

And polish article (translated with Google Translator):
http://translate.google.pl/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdaction.pl%2Fnews-27444%2Fogniem-i-mieczem-2-ku-karaibom---zapowiedziano-sequel-polskiego-mount--blade.html&act=url

PS. If in forum is topic about it, please delete this one.

With fire and sword on carribbean? What? What's similarity on it? It's really strange. To make matters worse, they coppied idea from The Deluge dev! Sorry but WTF?!
TW: "Now we will issue a stand for modding, once they are out of mods is decent on this basis we will pay DLC, we'll issue a new version of the WB to the WSE can not be used by the mods".

In polish: "Wydamy sobie teraz podstawkę do modowania, kiedy wyjdą porządne mody to na ich podstawie zrobimy płatne DLC, wydamy nową wersję wb żeby WSE nie mogło być używane przez te mody"

Sorry for my english, Wolodyjowski.

It'll have a SP.
Another article: http://translate.google.pl/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gry-online.pl%2FS013.asp%3FID%3D69124&act=url

It seems like it is gonna be nice. By the way, the project was already announced. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=199081.0 Thanks for all the info. :smile:

matiflo said:
Screenshots:
ogniem-i-mieczem-2-ku-karaibom-29.06.12_03_174yd.jpg

ogniem-i-mieczem-2-ku-karaibom-29.06.12_02_174yd.jpg

ogniem-i-mieczem-2-ku-karaibom-29.06.12_01_174yd.jpg

I wonder if that is what MB 2 is going to look like graphic-wise. Anyways, I've wanted something like this. Thanks for sharing.

It looks good, no doubt there.

But I'm thinking of how they don't deserve my money after just abandoning Wfas.

With fire and sword on carribbean? What? What's similarity on it? It's really strange. To make matters worse, they coppied idea from The Deluge dev! Sorry but WTF?!

To be fair, this was in works long before The Deluge dev announced they would be working on sea battles. People are and were longing for sea battles in MB since the MB beta I'll wager, and you can't just put a copyright on sea frigging battles. Not to mention this is in an entirely different setting.

...and Yoshiboy was developing ship/sea battle stuff before this was announced.

This looks interesting but I'm very wary after WFaS. I feel more like trusting Slawomir & his coding brilliance than this lot.

Sea battles should be very interesting, hopefully they do a much better job of this than WF&S :smile:

Although they seriously need to only take screenshots of this with a computer that is running it on max because that looks kind of bad (so many jaggies!) and I know M&B can look better.

How to make easy money, tutorial by Sich studio:
part 1:
1. copy With Fire and Sword mod
2. paste With Fire and Sword game
3. ????
4. Profit.

Problem?

Part2:
1. copy Pirates & fishmod
2. paste "Towards carribean"
3. ????
4. profit.

Problem, modders?
Thats how I see it.

Kuriou, there is nothing wrong if people willingly buy it IMO. Even Taleworlds works like that. (Mount &  Musket => Napoleonic DLC)

If a decent clan based community cam out of this it would be awesome. Using Nw regiments as a example having that accept for ships with Marines, crewman gunners and other things.

Temuçin said:
Kuriou, there is nothing wrong if people willingly buy it IMO. Even Taleworlds works like that. (Mount &  Musket => Napoleonic DLC)
It's a different situation, because the one who get money from MM-NW is its maker(Vincenzo) and his team. In case of WFaS and Fishmod ideas are kind of "stolen" and the ones who came up with them first get nothing.

Edit: Also, I see nothing wrong about making expansions, but here it looks like that:
They see that something is good and people like it, so they copy and sell it. Their product is arguably better (just cuz its an expansion, not an "ordinary mod") and the mods get stripped of part of their fandom in favor of the expansions. Then what's  the point of making mods if game's developers copy your ideas? :???:

KuroiNekouPL said:
Temuçin said:
Kuriou, there is nothing wrong if people willingly buy it IMO. Even Taleworlds works like that. (Mount & Musket => Napoleonic DLC)
It's a different situation, because the one who get money from MM-NW is its maker(Vincenzo) and his team. In case of WFaS and Fishmod ideas are kind of "stolen" and the ones who came up with them first get nothing.
Edit: Also, I see nothing wrong about making expansions, but here it looks like that:
They see that something is good and people like it, so they copy and sell it. Their product is arguably better (just cuz its an expansion, not an "ordinary mod") and the mods get stripped of part of their fandom in favor of the expansions. Then what's the point of making mods if game's developers copy your ideas? :???:

I may also add that Napoleonic Wars are at least being updated and relieved of bugs, unlike WFaS.

@Kuroi Saying WFaS ideas was stolen is kind of stupid because wasn't it the same dev's as it was a mod made for the original M&B by SiCH.

Also they may have stolen an idea but its just an idea with no actual assets being stolen.

Back
Top Bottom