Assassins Creed III - trailer released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ringwraith #5 said:
Lord Tim said:
True anarchy doesn't encourage anything.
I'm not so sure about that. Gandhi seemed pretty keen on it.

As for AC3, it looks pretty neat. I still think the outfit looks ridonkulous. And could they have chosen a more generic and unmemorable face for the guy? It's as if they went to this site, selected all the male faces, and then modeled his face on the result.
Isn't Connor made to look like Desmond, like Altair and Ezio?

I don't see any resemblance. I think they ditched that idea after the first game. Altair had the exact same face model as Desmond, but Ezio looked nothing like him.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Altair had the exact same face model as Desmond, but Ezio looked nothing like him.

Doesn't Ezio have a lot of the same facial characteristics as Desmond? At least in AC2, as far as I remember it was in Revelations that Desmond's face was reworked.

Orchid said:
Wondered about that before. I think a kid who turns 18 who hasn't shot at least a regiment of German infantrymen before has yet to be discovered. Are you German Rejenorst? If so, how do you feel about Germans being served as cannon fodder in one game after another?

I was born there but I can't say I really identify with Germany anymore. Have lived most of my life in Australia.
As far as painting everything that happened during WW2 as being a 1 sided thing; my personal opinion on it is that I think its a tad worrisome, as we have come a long way in demonizing one side of that conflict and perhaps dehumanizing the decision making process that lead to such appalling events, (even though other nations/nationals collaborated: Ukrainians, French, Polish etc.) In my view its at the point were most of us probably don't feel even remotely capable of even being able to commit similar human rights abuses/atrocities given the absence of hard-ships, peer-pressure and consequences for not doing so. While many Germans today may have a sense of national guilt, I think that everyone likes to think that they could never be capable of committing such utter atrocities. Perhaps in hind sight (knowing now what people didn't know back then) they may be right but I dunno.

Nowadays Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany has become the standard of Evil that makes smaller atrocities look like child's play as long as they were done by a democratic power, heh.

Other than that I don't mind shooting at Evil Nazi scum, but I believe that given the right circumstances and influences; I or anyone else for that matter would be just as capable of committing or condoning horrible atrocities. What I find amusing is when people (other than Germans) ***** that they're country is being portrayed all evil like in a movie/game ^_^ I just have to smirk. 

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
Yeah but Nazi guilt :razz:
Two men commit a crime. The first man man kills another and takes his possessions. The second kills off an entire family and then takes their possessions. When the Sheriff arrives the first man points to the crimes of the second man in the hope that his crime will be forgotten. The first man feels no guilt and is free to do as he pleases. The second man languishes in jail full of guilt for his crime and hated by all the world. Is the first man innocent? :razz: 

Anyway I had to laugh at the critiques of the Patriot (Movie): http://www.salon.com/2000/07/03/patriot_3/

I think people forget that war is war and bring out the worst in people no matter what country, especially if the war is in retribution for any sustained humiliation.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/redcoats-kill-sleeping-americans-in-paoli-massacre
http://www.opendemocracy.net/martin-shaw/britain-and-genocide (an article that sort of touches on what I am saying with England as a back drop.)

Radalan said:
Doesn't Ezio have a lot of the same facial characteristics as Desmond? At least in AC2, as far as I remember it was in Revelations that Desmond's face was reworked.
The only resemblance I noticed between them was the scar on the mouth.

Ezio was simply the best.
He didn't look as much as Desmond as Altair in the first game, but still, clearly related.
The real question is, will Connor be able to grow a beard?! :smile:

I think Altair was cooler. Ezio fights for revenge and only later discovers the true meaning of the creed while Altair was raised in moral neutrality.

Arcadius112 said:
Indeed.
Plus Ezio's voice actor was just so much better.
Disagree.

Comes down to taste though. Just saying, Ezio's story is not unique whatsoever. Really common background.

theAthenian said:
Comes down to taste though. Just saying, Ezio's story is not unique whatsoever. Really common background.
Not only isn't it unique, it doesn't make any ****ing sense. The subsequent games didn't exactly help either.

Ringwraith #5 said:
theAthenian said:
Not only isn't it unique, it doesn't make any ****ing sense. The subsequent games didn't exactly help either.

Let us be honest here, when have Ubisoft been known for the quality of their storytelling?  :lol:

Most of the plots of games they produce seem to be based on "You know what would be cool to have in the game.....?" or "What can we add to make the game/character/etc more bad ass?"

rejenorst said:
http://www.opendemocracy.net/martin-shaw/britain-and-genocide (an article that sort of touches on what I am saying with England as a back drop.)

Imperial Germany did that as well :razz:

Back
Top Bottom