SP Native Arena Mini Expansion v0.70 (July 02, 2006)

Users who are viewing this thread

Invictus

Grandmaster Knight
Download from mbrepository.com

Implemented features:
:arrow: Adjustable weapon set for arena;
:arrow: Ability to use your own horse at arena;
:arrow: Color of your armor determines your team;
:arrow: Adjustable size of bet for arena;
:arrow: 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4, 6vs6 and 8vs8 arena fights;
:arrow: No new items.

Added in last release:
:arrow: Added new chest near tournament master.
:arrow: You can now watch fight without leaving your equipment.
:arrow: Added limitations of bets at arena.
:arrow: Added 4 trials, passing which increases max bet size at arena
            and it also adds +50 to each weapon proficiency.

Planned features:
:arrow: Some interesting tournament system;
:arrow: Max bet size related to your tournament rating;
:arrow: Maybe some story;
:arrow: Maybe some new items;
:arrow: Maybe something else, but I don't like when planned features list is longer then imlemented one.

Thanks to:
   Winter for Module System Documentation and answers,
   Fisheye for answers,
   Janus for mbrepository and mod installer script.

NOTE: In order to join fight you should leave your weapons and armour in Zendar chest or sell it, otherwise tournament master won't let you enter arena. Also don't try to leave Zendar with tourney items, you will loose them.

I like how the equipment can be selected from a trade screen instead of a dialogue menu.
With some new weapons and a new arena scene it would be great. Did you use python or UE?
Good job!

New version is released!

Added 4 trials:
-Polearm trial  - increases max bet to 75.
-Sabre trial      - increases max bet to 150.
-No-dachi trial  - increases max bet to 300.
-Axe trial        - increases max bet to 450.

Please post how do you pass trials(at what level,what difficulty).

hehe I like these trials! Nice update!

EDIT: I got to the 14th person on the 1st trial with a lvl 1 and then I died! Dang! Make it a bit easier!(I was on hard difficulty)

I like the trials idea and how they're done, Insane. But they are too hard I think. With a level 20 (on full difficulty) I could not beat more than 5-6 of the first trial. Too many guys to beat and too much armor on them (at least for the iron staff) I think.

Otherwise, I like it.

Thanks for the feedback. I was balancing it at medium difficulty. That's why I made a poll.
So, did you pass first trial?

Should I replace Iron Staff with Poleaxe?

No I haven't managed to beat it yet. And yes I think it would be better with a poleaxe.

very nice, I highly enjoy all of thse new arena mods! I love t, and I voted harder, but then aain, I have no life, so dont base it on me  :mrgreen:

This mod could be a little easier: i made it to trial 3 as a level 22, but those bastards were pwning me after 4 or 5 of them. Make the last 2 trials a little easier, and definitely downgrade the armor on the first one: took several tries.

Yeah I agree that the polearm weapon needs to do a bit more damage. It doesn't necessarily need to be a poleaxe though. Just increase the damage a bit on the staff and it will be perfect. The choices you made for the weapons and armor sets are absolutely perfect. Well done.

edit: Thank you, you have taught me humility. I can single handedly defeat the forces of evil in the last days, but I had to lower the damage to 1/2 and the AI to average just to beat the first challenge in your mod  :grin:

edit2: The No-Dachi fight is awesome. I'm impressed with the shiny texture on that sword. It would be a huge facelift for M&B if alot more swords looked like that.

Just as an edit.

I tried out the challenges with a lvl 32 char. They were still hard. Once you beat all 4 though, and you have weapon skills around 300+, they are finally possible to beat on good AI and normal damage.

Now all I want is.... more challenges :smile: If you can think of any more challenges you'd like to add in, that would be awesome. Maybe you could try something from horseback?

A mounted archery challenge would be cool, with steppe armors and horses for everyone. Or a jousting challenge.

Anyway, good work I had alot of fun with this

Way too much armour on the first trail, it took me 5 tries to complete it and then I was only doing around 5 damage a hit.

Sabre trial is much easier in my opinion because you can cause some serious damage :twisted:, for example at one point I did 41 damage with an over-the-head slash on the other persons head.

Now to try the no-daci trial...

Right finished the trials.

Heres a screen shot of the end of the axe trial:
trial4endxa5.th.jpg

Oh, aye, I did that, had to do plenty of blocking, I just wait for them to swing then block it and swing straight back at them, they never seem to block (even on good AI (I normally play on normal)) and look at all the different directions the bodys are facing.  :lol:

Invictus said:
By the way, the trials were designed to be hard, so they shouldn't be just hack'n'slash.
Try moving and blocking  :wink:

heh oh I know. I was making a point, that even with a maxed out character they are still a pretty decent challenege. Thats what I like about your mod so much :smile:

Who here can beat all 4 challenges starting from level 1? If you can, you are a M&B god

Back
Top Bottom