AoFI is dead

Users who are viewing this thread

kurjajuur said:
So keeping an eye on this mod has been a waste of time then. Thanks for that.

Nice way to announce it too.
Maybe because that eye is up your ass, where this mod also is because dead things crawl up your ass and die.

I feel bad for Shred, who despite my warnings, hasn't changed his hilariously awkwardly worded rage post.

because dead things crawl up your ass and die.

That's something I'd expect to hear on the playground when someone takes the swing from you.

:3

The mod IS very good. It is full of great features yet very few people play it because of the fact that, very few people play it. As soon as some people play and show Shredzor some respect for his great work, he MIGHT return to the mod.

CIAO SHREDZORZ, I AM VERY SAD FOR YOUR DECISION, REALLY.
THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT AMUSEMENT AND FUN YOU GAVE TO ALL OF US, FREELY AND JUST FOR THE PURE PLEASURE TO SHARE YOUR MOD WITH US.
I THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME WORK ON YOUR MOD AND MAKE 1755 AND IN THE FUTURE 1776.
I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, IN YOUR LIFE......JUST COME AROUND M&B SOMETIME.
CIAO AND THX,
GABRILDURO
....SO MANY TIMES LATELY I FEEL LIKE LEAVING EVERYTHING AND JUST QUIT.
I UNDERSTAND AND RESPECT YOUR CHOICE.....WHAT MAKES ME MAD IS TO SEE SOME IDIOTS UNBEHAVED JUST SPEAKING NASTY!!!!!!
BUT FOCUS ON THE MANY PEOPLE THAT APPRECIATED YOU AND YOUR WORK, LIKE ME AND ALL YOUR FANS!!!

Well, i hear hes workin on a new AWESOME zombie mod, so we have that to look foward to

EDIT: NEVERMIND, he left that too

I think there are two similar mods - AoFI and MM. Both fits in this same niche of playing style. Napoleonic wars are just bettern known and liked (at least amongst Europeans) and this is the reason why MMgot much higher popularity than AoFI even though quality of both is veru high.

Maybe focusing on the War of Independence, Indian Wars and so on would make this mod more popular amongst American players? Just guessing.

I like this mod as much as MM but playing MM gives me real chance to play with real humans and in great numbers.

I wish this mod gets deserved attention.

Matrix33 said:
Maybe focusing on the War of Independence, Indian Wars and so on would make this mod more popular amongst American players? Just guessing.
CIAO,
I GUESS YOU ARE RIGHT.
I MADE 1755 OLD FRONTIER MOD AND GOT 12.000 DWLDS IN 2 MONTHS.
IT IS DUE TO THE NATIVE INDIANS PRESENCE, SURELY...AND TO THE AMERICAN PLAYERS TASTE, TOO....BUT MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE...IT IS A SINGLE PLAYER MOD.
UNFORTUNATELY I NOTICED THAT MP MODS HAVE A FASTER START, BUT FASTER DISERTIONS, ALSO.
NOW THAT SHRODZORZ ABANDONED AOFI, I WILL TRY TO START A SERVER, AND LET YOU KNOW.
ps......BUT PLS, SHREDZ....IF YOU ARE READING THIS....JUST COME BACK AND START AOFI AGAIN!!!!

The Sniper said:
Well, i hear hes workin on a new AWESOME zombie mod, so we have that to look foward to

Rest assured, I'm working on something super secret now which is going to be pretty awesome.

Shredzorz said:
The Sniper said:

Rest assured, I'm working on something super secret now which is going to be pretty awesome.
.....well, at least say hi, or something.
Ciao Shredzorz
ps Will you let me know how you would like a new tavern companion, with your name, in my 1755 mod?
I would honored.

So this means earlier today I spent 2 hours of my life to download a dead mod?!

Seriously, this is dissapointing. If the MM mod were Napoleon Total War, AoFI would be Empire Total War. Both games are great in their own way!

If you organized battles like MM did ( Waterloo etc. ), Im sure the mod would become alot more popular, and you would have gotten many more players. But instead you just gave up.  And maybe if you had the name which said something about the mod maybe more people would have been interested.

Back
Top Bottom