Any Update on the coalition feature?

Users who are viewing this thread

kkpC0.jpg

There has been no pronouncement on the matter so far. Maybe at Gamescom we'll see all the power of advanced diplomacy...who knows?  :roll:

Come to think of it, why the **** would you make the game without including faction alliances and joint coordination?

It seems pretty ****ing basic.

Alliances would be a good feature, but I vote against it, it would make the game too easy and I bet that end-game is easy as hell, same as warband. I mean, you do not need lords at all in warband. You can kill 300 dudes with a bow and arrow (machine gun).

FBohler said:
578 said:
You can kill 300 dudes with a bow and arrow (machine gun).

It may be just my optimism, but this kind of approach would be very risky with the perma death feature taking place in Bannerlord.

How? You just get bows and arrows. And scavenge for more arrows.

578 said:
FBohler said:
578 said:
You can kill 300 dudes with a bow and arrow (machine gun).

It may be just my optimism, but this kind of approach would be very risky with the perma death feature taking place in Bannerlord.

How? You just get bows and arrows. And scavenge for more arrows.

One of them shoots back and bam, there goes your character to the grave.

I think it would make the game more interesting if done properly, especially endgame if the smaller factions could unite. I will echo the voice of some earlier comments- It sounds like such a simple, obligatory feature for a game about factions at war. I'm surprised it needs to be suggested at all. I mean come on, did nobody at Taleworlds think that maybe they should let factions team up?

It is far more likely they decided against the idea (or will have something similar but for clans) rather than they never thought of it, requiring Callum to mention it to the design team 7 years later...

Alliances/etc between clans would be hella dope, keeping half of your rival kingdom's fires out of the war with secret alliances... Maybe that's why Harlaus was always having feasts while Swadia burned...

If all factions were free to form alliances this could lead to very unbalanced, one-sided conflicts. Imagine you play as a Battanian character and have just been granted your first fief, raising your clan to nobility. A proud moment for sure. Then Vlandia allies with the Western empire. Battania is effectively surrounded by enemies and can be invaded from every direction. An experienced player could probably still turn the tide and win, but they'd certainly have their hands full.

vicwiz007 said:
I think it would make the game more interesting if done properly, especially endgame if the smaller factions could unite.
[...]

It may not be entirely authentic, but I agree that this is the way alliances should occur, so as to not create conflicts that leave one side without a chance. AI diplomacy could make stronger factions prefer to remain uncommitted.

Back
Top Bottom